The Professional Traveller – Helping You Travel More & Spend Less
Hello to You
🌎 Are you someone that loves to travel?
✈️ Love a travel bargain and discovering new places?
🛏️ Hotel rather than hostel?
🐕 Dog Lover? (Not necessarily affecting travel but just means you are extra lovely!)
Well great news – you are in just the right place!
Read on for travel bargains, travel inspiration, hacks, guides to help you
The Professional Traveller – Expert Travel Advice to Help You
Fab flight hacks to find great flights and interesting routes
Cheap hotel hacks to find the best deals
Get great year long insurance cover and ensure it pays out if you need it
Find travel inspiration to help you plan your next adventure
Learn hacks to help you travel smarter
Travel lighter and cheaper with tried and tested travel essentials
Professional Traveller Money Saving Examples
£250 for 4 night trip to Valencia including 4 flights and self catering apartment with jacuzzi
£250 for 4 night stay in Vilamoura in a suite with half board
£250 for 4 night stay in Alicante in 4 star sea side hotel including 4 flights
£250 for 3 night London including 2 flights and 4 star accommodation
£250 for 4 night trip to Krakow including 4 flights and city centre accommodation
£70 for year long travel insurance with health condition and Covid cover
£180 for 3 night trip including flights to Riga staying in 2 bedroom apartment
£300 for 4 night half board trip including flights staying in junior suite
Why Am I The Professional Traveller?
Travelled professionally for over 36 years – business travel and travelling for work
Spent at least 3 months per year away travelling for over 30 years
Experienced in group travel for holiday companies
Stayed in hundreds of hotels and taken many, many flights
Solo female traveller for my own holidays – staying in hotels
Hunt down bargains like a dachshund!
Professional Traveller Help to Travel More and Spend Less
6 Amazing Flight Hacks – tips to find cheap flights and put together low cost trips
4 Cheap Hotel Hacks – how to find cheap hotel deals plus the best search tool for low prices
7 Golden Rules for Year Long Travel Insurance – to ensure you are covered when you need it
Easyjet Baggage – their luggage fees and how to avoid paying them
The Professional Traveller Team
Working hard to sniff out travel bargains
Very much like a dachshund myself. Determined to hunt out a bargain and sniff out great deals. Not great at being told what to do either!
As the oldest member of the team (in doggy years) Lotty gets to sleep a lot. She can’t see very much now, or hear very well but she still makes her views known.
Able to sniff out a gravy bone or a treat in the local area, Christy loves her food. Every meal time she barks with excitement – similar to her owner?!
Live with no excuses and travel with no regretsOscar wilde
Quick Links to Professional Traveller Resources
Professionalengaged in a specified activity as one’s main paid occupation rather than as a pastime
- Monte Gordo – All You Need to Plan Your Trip1. Monte Gordo Trip File Facts Cost per person: £300 based on 2 sharing Number of Nights: 4 Flights With: Ryanair Flight Times: Early evening outbound, early evening in inbound Flight From: Glasgow Prestwick Flight To: Faro Airport, Portugal Time of Year: November 2022 Distance from Airport to Hotel: 61km via the A22 motorway Accommodation:… Read More »Monte Gordo – All You Need to Plan Your Trip
- Check Out the Best Time to Book HotelsWhen is the best time to book hotels?The best time to book hotels is when you are likely to get the best price. This could mean booking in advance or last minute depending on hotel demand. The best prices are also available out of high season, out of school holidays and avoiding any large festivals,… Read More »Check Out the Best Time to Book Hotels
- Priority Pass Lounge Membership – All You Need to KnowAre you interested in Priority Pass lounge access? Want to know more about the features and to see if it is right for you? Great then check out this detailed review of membership below, but first let’s start with an important question! Is Priority Pass Worth It? If you plan to be using an airport… Read More »Priority Pass Lounge Membership – All You Need to Know
- Foyers House Hotel – Check Out This Video Tour And ReviewLooking to stay at the Foyers House Hotel? Here is my review, including a video room tour, of a one night stay in November 2022. I was staying in Foyers because I was attending a photography course. My Overall Rating for the Foyers House Hotel – 😐 Price for Stay – 1 Night in November… Read More »Foyers House Hotel – Check Out This Video Tour And Review
- Newton Stewart Review – Great Town With Lots To Do NearbyCheck out my guide to this lovely riverside town and get planning your visit. 1. Newton Stewart – What’s In the Town There are some great independent shops including a great DIY store, some interesting gift shops, cafes and takeaways. Here are the ones I checked out during my week long stay in Newton Stewart.… Read More »Newton Stewart Review – Great Town With Lots To Do Nearby
- Highland Hotel Strathpeffer Review: Great Dog Friendly StayWhy stay at the Highland Hotel Strathpeffer? It’s a good dog friendly option in Strathpeffer Rooms are refurbished and modern The building is historic and in a great location It’s great to be able to dine with your dog! Looking to stay in Strathpeffer? Well check out this review of the Highland Hotel Strathpeffer, which… Read More »Highland Hotel Strathpeffer Review: Great Dog Friendly Stay
- Scottish Highlands Railway Holiday: All You Need to KnowAre you interested in a Scottish Highlands Railways holiday? Well fabulous! Check out this in depth review of one of the most popular Scottish Highlands Railways holiday. This tour has run for many years so is well established. It includes; Regional flights from the UK to Edinburgh 4 nights half board accommodation in a Highland… Read More »Scottish Highlands Railway Holiday: All You Need to Know
- Sleep App For Travelling – A Travelling Bedtime Essential!Do you find it difficult to fall asleep? Does your mind have difficulty shutting down? Well then check out this review of my favourite sleep app which is ideal for travellers! 1. Sleep App for Travelling – Calm Sleep App The Calm Sleep App is like a bedtime story app for adults. It’s a paid… Read More »Sleep App For Travelling – A Travelling Bedtime Essential!
- Baku Holiday Review: Check Out Why Baku is Great to VisitRead my review of a 4 night tip as a solo female traveller to Baku. It was a wonderful trip which I have very fond memories of. Let’s start with where Baku is. It’s in Azerbaijan on the Eastern coast. The map below shows Azerbaijan. 1. Baku Holiday – Weather in Baku As you can… Read More »Baku Holiday Review: Check Out Why Baku is Great to Visit
- Airport Lounge Membership Comparison: Which is Best Value for You?What’s the Best Airport Lounge Membership Plan? The best is one that provides the most lounge access for the lowest price based on your travel plans and frequency of use. There are difference membership plans available depending on whether you travel mainly in the UK, Europe or further afield. Generally speaking if you are going… Read More »Airport Lounge Membership Comparison: Which is Best Value for You?
- Valencia City Break Review: A Really Wonderful City to VisitConsidering a Valencia city break? You absolutely should as it’s a fantastic city. Check out this guide to a Valencia city break and get ideas for your own trip. First let’s deal with a common question! Read on for my review of a solo 4 night stay in Valencia. It has been one of my… Read More »Valencia City Break Review: A Really Wonderful City to Visit
- Riga City Break Review: Check Out This Fantastic CityRead on for my review of a Riga city break which includes all you need to plan your visit to this lovely city. 1. Riga City Break – Getting to Riga Riga is easy to each from the United Kingdom. Flight time is around 2 hours and 40 minutes from London. Check out the flight… Read More »Riga City Break Review: Check Out This Fantastic City
- Coach Holidays for Single Travellers – 3 Key Things to KnowAre you a single traveller? There are several coach holidays for single travellers. Here are the main 3 types of coach holidays available; How To Go On a Coach Holiday If You Are Single As a single traveller you have three main options when it comes to coach holidays. There are dedicated single traveller coach… Read More »Coach Holidays for Single Travellers – 3 Key Things to Know
- Southerness Self Catering Review: Check Out This Chalet NowAre you planning a Southerness self catering holiday? Well check out this review based on a 1 week stay in Southerness in November 2021. 1. Southerness Self Catering – Getting To Southerness Southerness is a coastal village located south of Dumfries. It is about 25 minutes from Dumfries centre. 2. Southerness Self Catering – Southerness… Read More »Southerness Self Catering Review: Check Out This Chalet Now
- Southerness Things To Do – Cute Cafes, Wonderful Wildlife & Sandy BeachesIf you are looking for Southerness things to do then check out this guide. (If you want to check out the holiday cottage we stayed in have a look at Southerness Self Catering, which includes a video tour inside the property) 1. Southerness Things to Do – Streetlights Cafe, Castle Douglas Streetlights was one of… Read More »Southerness Things To Do – Cute Cafes, Wonderful Wildlife & Sandy Beaches
- Video Room Tour of The Bank House Uttoxeter HotelAre you looking for a hotel in Uttoxeter? Check out this review including a video tour of the Bank House Uttoxeter. It’s definitely a bit quirky! 1. The Bank House Uttoxeter: Address and Telephone Number The Bank House Uttoxeter Address; Church St, Uttoxeter ST14 8AG The Bank House Uttoxeter Telephone Number; 01889 566922 2. The… Read More »Video Room Tour of The Bank House Uttoxeter Hotel
- Threave Gardens Review: All You Need to Plan Your VisitCheck out this review of Threave Gardens with all you need to know to plan your visit. 1. Threave Gardens Location The first thing to mention is that there are two locations that might be easily confused. Threave Gardens is owned by the National Trust and is located separately from Threave Castle which is owned… Read More »Threave Gardens Review: All You Need to Plan Your Visit
- Video Room Tour of the Holiday Inn Luton AirportWhy Choose the Holiday Inn Luton Airport? 5 minute shuttle bus journey from airport to the hotel (or you can walk) 24 hour reception desk and 24 hour room service Comfy rooms Free WIFI Good value Click to get best price for your stay 👇 Are you looking for a great hotel that is minutes from… Read More »Video Room Tour of the Holiday Inn Luton Airport
It’s better to travel well than to arriveBuddha
Travellera person who is travelling or who often travels
What It’s Like to Be a Professional Traveller?
Travelling for work related reasons is very different to travelling for leisure. In my early years of travel I worked at a lot of exhibitions and events. This meant that whilst I travelled to the destination once there I generally travelled between the exhibition area and the hotel – many people who travel for business will tell you the same thing.
A growing trend in trend is for people travelling for work or business to extend their trip and do some personal travel. I have been lucky enough to do this a few times, staying over in Bangkok for several nights on my trips back from Australia for example. It looks like a travel trend that is going to continue!
Travelling as a Tour Manager taking coach holidays is also very different. The role involves focussing on the guests and making sure they have a great time, rather than your personal sightseeing. Any free time is often taken up dealing with administration issues, sorting out problems or simply confirming all the details for the next leg of the journey. Sometimes I never left the hotel we were staying in as there always seemed to be more work to do and things to check!
That said when travelling with a great group this role doesn’t feel like work at all, more like travelling with a wonderful group of people who like to have fun.