The Professional Traveller – Helping You Travel More & Spend Less
Hello to You
🌎 Are you someone that loves to travel?
✈️ Love a travel bargain and discovering new places?
🛏️ Hotel rather than hostel?
🐕 Dog Lover? (Not necessarily affecting travel but just means you are extra lovely!)
Well great news – you are in just the right place!
Read on for travel bargains, travel inspiration, hacks, guides to help you
If you want help to find your perfect coach holiday then jump straight to my Coach Holiday expert page
The Professional Traveller – Expert Travel Advice to Help You
Fab flight hacks to find great flights and interesting routes
Cheap hotel hacks to find the best deals
Get great year long insurance cover and ensure it pays out if you need it
Find travel inspiration to help you plan your next adventure
Learn hacks to help you travel smarter
Travel lighter and cheaper with tried and tested travel essentials
Professional Traveller Money Saving Examples
£500 for 9 night trip to Baku and Istanbul (included 6 flights and all accommodation)
£250 for 4 night trip to Valencia including 4 flights and self catering apartment with jacuzzi
£250 for 4 night stay in Alicante in 4 star sea side hotel including 4 flights
£250 for 3 night London including 2 flights and 4 star accommodation
£250 for 4 night trip to Krakow including 4 flights and city centre accommodation
£70 for year long travel insurance with health condition and Covid cover
Why Am I The Professional Traveller?
Travelled professionally for over 30 years – business travel and travelling for work
Spent at least 3 months per year away travelling for over 30 years
Experienced in group travel for holiday companies
Stayed in hundreds of hotels and taken many, many flights
Solo female traveller for my own holidays – staying in hotels
Hunt down bargains like a dachshund!
I am sharing everything I know to help you travel more and spend less
I absolutely love a travel bargain, as well as discovering somewhere new.
Jump straight to some of my popular posts to start saving or discovering right now;
6 Amazing Flight Hacks – tips to find cheap flights and put together low cost trips
4 Cheap Hotel Hacks – how to find cheap hotel deals plus the best search tool for low prices
7 Golden Rules for Year Long Travel Insurance – to ensure you are covered when you need it
Easyjet Baggage – their luggage fees and how to avoid paying them
The Professional Traveller Team
Working hard to sniff out travel bargains
Very much like a dachshund myself. Determined to hunt out a bargain and sniff out great deals. Not great at being told what to do either!
As the oldest member of the team (in doggy years) Lotty gets to sleep a lot. She can’t see very much now, or hear very well but she still makes her views known.
Able to sniff out a gravy bone or a treat in the local area, Christy loves her food. Every meal time she barks with excitement – similar to her owner?!
Live with no excuses and travel with no regretsOscar wilde
Quick Links to Professional Traveller Resources
Professionalengaged in a specified activity as one’s main paid occupation rather than as a pastime
- Coach Holidays & Covid in Scotland – 2022 UpdateCoach holidays & Covid in Scotland – somehow we are still talking about it in 2022 🙁 It’s shaping up to be a very busy year here in Scotland which is great, but there are still some Covid points to consider and be aware of. I’ve just been on my first trip of the year,… Read More »Coach Holidays & Covid in Scotland – 2022 Update
- Highland Hotel Strathpeffer Review: Great Stay With Our DogLooking to stay in Strathpeffer? Well check out this review of the Highland Hotel Strathpeffer, which includes a video tour of the room. What is the Highland Hotel Strathpeffer Like? The Highland Hotel is a large hotel in a historic building. The hotel has a wood panelled lounge and dining area and some stained glass… Read More »Highland Hotel Strathpeffer Review: Great Stay With Our Dog
- Scottish Highlands Railway Holiday – Detailed Review With Helpful Hints & TipsAre you interested in a Scottish Highlands Railways holiday? Well fabulous! Check out this in depth review of one of the most popular Scottish Highlands Railways holiday. This tour has run for many years so is well established. It includes; Regional flights from the UK to Edinburgh 4 nights half board accommodation in a Highland… Read More »Scottish Highlands Railway Holiday – Detailed Review With Helpful Hints & Tips
- Sleep App For Travelling – A Travelling Bedtime Essential!Do you find it difficult to fall asleep? Does your mind have difficulty shutting down? Well then check out this review of my favourite sleep app which is ideal for travellers! 1. Sleep App for Travelling – Calm Sleep App The Calm Sleep App is like a bedtime story app for adults. It’s a paid… Read More »Sleep App For Travelling – A Travelling Bedtime Essential!
- Baku Holiday Review: Check Out Why Baku is Great to VisitIs Baku Good for a Holiday? Baku is not visited by many people from the UK, making it feel quite undiscovered. It’s in the earlier stages of tourism development giving it a unique feel. It is very easy to explore on foot and public transport. The history of Baku is really interesting and there is… Read More »Baku Holiday Review: Check Out Why Baku is Great to Visit
- Airport Lounge Membership Comparison: Which is Best for You?Are you looking interested in airport lounge access? Are you a regular user of lounges and looking for airport lounge membership comparison to find you best option? Great! That’s exactly what you will find right here. First let’s answer one of the most common questions when it comes to airport lounge membership plans. What’s the… Read More »Airport Lounge Membership Comparison: Which is Best for You?
- Valencia City Break Review: Check Out This Fabulous Friendly CityConsidering a Valencia city break? You absolutely should as it’s a fantastic city. Check out this guide to a Valencia city break and get ideas for your own trip. First let’s deal with a common question! Is Valencia Worth a Visit? Valencia is less visited than some other cities such as Barcelona. This gives it… Read More »Valencia City Break Review: Check Out This Fabulous Friendly City
- Riga City Break Review: Fantastic City with Great Food & DiscoveriesIs Riga A Good City Break? Riga has so many attractions. There is a wonderful old town with historic buildings and cute cafes. The Art Nouveau district has some fabulous architecture to admire. There is a lovely canal running through the city with boat trips on it, and around the canal are lovely gardens. Riga… Read More »Riga City Break Review: Fantastic City with Great Food & Discoveries
- The Coach Holiday Driver – An Essential Part of a Great Coach HolidayHave you ever wondered what a coach holiday driver does? Over the years I have worked with more than 100 coach drivers, all over the world. Let’s start with what the role of a coach driver actually is. What Is the Role of a Coach Driver? The coach driver is responsible for driving the coach… Read More »The Coach Holiday Driver – An Essential Part of a Great Coach Holiday
- Coach Holidays for Single Travellers – 3 Key Things to KnowAre you a single traveller? There are several coach holidays for single travellers. Here are the main 3 types of coach holidays available; How To Go On a Coach Holiday If You Are Single As a single traveller you have three main options when it comes to coach holidays. There are dedicated single traveller coach… Read More »Coach Holidays for Single Travellers – 3 Key Things to Know
- Southerness Self Catering Review: Video Tour of Dog Friendly ChaletAre you planning a Southerness self catering holiday? Well check out this review based on a 1 week stay in Southerness in November 2021. 1. Southerness Self Catering – Getting To Southerness Southerness is a coastal village located south of Dumfries. It is about 25 minutes from Dumfries centre. 2. Southerness Self Catering – Southerness… Read More »Southerness Self Catering Review: Video Tour of Dog Friendly Chalet
- Southerness Things To Do – Cute Cafes, Wonderful Wildlife & Sandy BeachesAre you planning on visiting Southerness? Want some ideas of things to do in the area? Great then check out this list of things we did during our week long stay in November 2021. (If you want to check out the holiday cottage we stayed in have a look at Southerness Self Catering, which includes… Read More »Southerness Things To Do – Cute Cafes, Wonderful Wildlife & Sandy Beaches
- The Bank House Uttoxeter Review: Quirky Hotel In City Centre with Friendly PigeonsAre you looking for a hotel in Uttoxeter? Check out this review including a video tour of the Bank House Uttoxeter. It’s definitely a bit quirky! 1. The Bank House Uttoxeter: Address and Telephone Number The Bank House Uttoxeter Address; Church St, Uttoxeter ST14 8AG The Bank House Uttoxeter Telephone Number; 01889 566922 2. The… Read More »The Bank House Uttoxeter Review: Quirky Hotel In City Centre with Friendly Pigeons
- Holiday Inn Luton Airport Review: Great Value, Easy To Access – Ideal OvernightAre you looking for a great hotel that is minutes from Luton Airport? With comfy rooms and good prices? Then check out my review of a 1 night stay at the Holiday Inn Luton Airport including a video room tour. 1. Holiday Inn Luton Airport Location The address of the Holiday Inn Luton Airport is; London… Read More »Holiday Inn Luton Airport Review: Great Value, Easy To Access – Ideal Overnight
- Sleeperz Dundee Review: Fab City Break Hotel Opp. V&AIs Sleeperz Dundee Good for a City Break? Sleeperz Dundee is a great option for a city break. It’s opposite the V&A Museum, opposite HMS Dundee and it’s right over the train station. It is easy to walk to the city centre attractions, restaurants and cafes too. It’s got modern rooms and a nice bar… Read More »Sleeperz Dundee Review: Fab City Break Hotel Opp. V&A
- Brodie Castle Review: A Quirky Castle & A Fabulous Play AreaThinking of visiting Brodie Castle? You should because it really is a lovely spot. With lovely grounds to walk in, a quirky castle, cute cafe and a fabulous play area what’s not to like? Check out this guide for all you need to know 1. Brodie Castle: Address and Telephone Number Brodie Castle address is;… Read More »Brodie Castle Review: A Quirky Castle & A Fabulous Play Area
- Jurys Inn Aberdeen Review: A Great Hotel for a City BreakAre you looking for a great hotel in the heart of Aberdeen? Jurys Inn Aberdeen is at the heart of all the action. Check out this review, including a video tour of a room, to see if it’s your perfect stay. 1. Jurys Inn Aberdeen – Address and Telephone Number The address of Jurys Inn… Read More »Jurys Inn Aberdeen Review: A Great Hotel for a City Break
- Best Underseat Case for Easyjet Flight – Avoid Paying Any Luggage Fees!Are you looking for underseat case for an Easyjet flight? Well I’ve found an absolute cracker for you! Check out this review for all the details include a video guide to show you how much you can pack in to this tardis like case. It’s very light, got plenty of pockets and can even convert… Read More »Best Underseat Case for Easyjet Flight – Avoid Paying Any Luggage Fees!
It’s better to travel well than to arriveBuddha
Travellera person who is travelling or who often travels
What It’s Like to Be a Professional Traveller?
Travelling for work related reasons is very different to travelling for leisure. In my early years of travel I worked at a lot of exhibitions and events. This meant that whilst I travelled to the destination once there I generally travelled between the exhibition area and the hotel – many people who travel for business will tell you the same thing.
A growing trend in trend is for people travelling for work or business to extend their trip and do some personal travel. I have been lucky enough to do this a few times, staying over in Bangkok for several nights on my trips back from Australia for example. It looks like a travel trend that is going to continue!
Travelling as a Tour Manager taking coach holidays is also very different. The role involves focussing on the guests and making sure they have a great time, rather than your personal sightseeing. Any free time is often taken up dealing with administration issues, sorting out problems or simply confirming all the details for the next leg of the journey. Sometimes I never left the hotel we were staying in as there always seemed to be more work to do and things to check!
That said when travelling with a great group this role doesn’t feel like work at all, more like travelling with a wonderful group of people who like to have fun.