Annual holiday insurance cover works differently from single trip insurance cover. It is more likely to have cancellation cover for example.
There are also differences to consider such as the number of trips taken, trip duration, and countries you plan to visit.
Read on to find out all you need to know about annual holiday insurance cover.
Author Bio – Melanie Newdick, Annual Travel Insurance Expert
I’m an Annual Travel Insurance Expert because;
- I’ve helped guests who have experienced medical emergencies all over the world
- I’ve dealt with many different insurance companies on behalf of guests
- Check out my top money saving resources
What is Annual Holiday Insurance Cover?
- It’s a travel insurance policy that you buy once per year.
- It covers you for unlimited trips during the year.
- When selecting your policy you choose the regions of the world you are going to be travelling to.
- You also choose the number of travellers you want to cover with the policy.
- You also select whether you would like winter sports to be included in your policy.
- After that, you declare any medical conditions to receive your travel insurance final quote.
What Does Annual Travel Insurance Cover?
Annual travel insurance covers medical costs, accidents, trip cancellation, lost baggage, and more. The amount of cover varies depending on the insurance company and the level of premiums you pay.
What is the Difference Between Annual Holiday Cover and Single Trip Coverage?
Apart from the obvious in that a single trip policy only covers one trip the way the cover works is a little different.
For annual holiday insurance, each person covered by the policy gets the level of coverage outlined in the policy. So for example if there are 4 people covered by the policy and the medical cover under the policy is £20 million pounds, each person gets £20 million pounds of coverage. It is not £20 million pounds worth of cover split between four people.
What Does Annual Holiday Insurance Cover?
In short, it covers everything that a single-trip policy does.
The levels of coverage vary depending on what premium you choose to pay.
Paying a higher premium can result in more coverage and less excess to pay. It depends on the insurance provider so it’s always worth checking.
As an example of what is covered here are the details for my recommended travel insurance provider, Coverwise.
Coverwise Annual Holiday Insurance – Standard Policy
The levels are for their standard policy which has either a £125 or £200 excess.
- Medical Expenses – £20,000,000
- Cancellation – £1,000
- Baggage – £1,000
- Hospital Benefit – £2,000
- Hospital Benefit Per Day – £30
- Personal Accident – £10,000
- Personal Liability – £10,000,000
- Emergency Dental – £1,000
- Passports and Visas – £500
- Personal Money – £300
- Legal Expenses – £50,000
- Curtailment – £1,000
- Trip Limit – 24 days per trip
By paying a higher premium you can increase the amount of cover available, reduce the excess, and increase the type of cover.
Coverwise Annual Holiday Insurance – Gold Policy
For example, a Coverwise gold policy is a bit more expensive but has the following benefits;
- Medical expenses – £20,000,000
- Cancellation – £3,000
- Baggage – £2,000
- Abandonment – £2,000
- Missed departure – £1,000
- Delayed departure – £1,000
- Hospital benefit – £2,000
- Personal Accident – £20,000
- Personal Liability – £2,000,000
- Emergency Dental – £1,000
- Passport and Visas – £500
- Personal Money – £500
- Legal Expenses – £50,000
- Baggage Delay – £400
- Catastrophe Cover – £1,000
- Business samples – £500
- Replacement employee – £1,000
- Hijack – £500
- Extended kennel or cattery fees – £200
- Curtailment – £3,000
- Trip limit – 31 days
- Excess – £50
Annual Holiday Insurance Cover – Conclusion
- As with all things relating to insurance, it is wise to check all the details thoroughly to make sure you understand exactly what is covered and what is not.
- By paying a higher premium you could reduce your excess which will pay for itself if you need to make a claim.
- Annual holiday insurance is generally better value if you are taking more than one trip a year.
Want to Get An Annual Holiday Insurance Quote?
Head over to Coverwise and pop your details in. You will get a quote in seconds.
Coverwise are my recommended travel insurance company because it’s who I use for travel insurance.
Need Medical Travel Insurance?
If you have more health or medical conditions then you might be better with specialised medical travel insurance. I recommend Travel Insurance 4 Medical. It’s great value.
You can get a quote really quickly by clicking on the button below.
If you have found my annual holiday insurance article useful you might also like;
Find lots more information on my Annual Travel Insurance page
- How Does Annual Travel Insurance Work? Guide and TipsAre you interested in an annual travel insurance policy? Not quite sure how this type of policy works? Check out this quick guide which will give a quick overview and some suggestions to get the most benefit. The details and information in this post are from my recommended travel insurance provider, Coverwise. They are who… Read More »How Does Annual Travel Insurance Work? Guide and Tips
- What’s The Difference Between Single and Annual Travel Insurance?Have you ever wondered what the difference between single and annual travel insurance is? Do you want to find out which insurance will suit your travel plans best? You will find all the answers you need right here. Buying Single Trip and Annual Travel Insurance When it comes to purchasing a travel insurance policy you… Read More »What’s The Difference Between Single and Annual Travel Insurance?
- Do I Need Travel Insurance? Here’s Why You Absolutely DoThis is a question I get asked a lot. Having seen travel insurance swing into action in many countries around the world my answer would be yes – it’s just too risky to travel without it. If you are still asking yourself ‘do I need travel insurance?’ then read on. Do I Need Travel Insurance?… Read More »Do I Need Travel Insurance? Here’s Why You Absolutely Do
- Does Holiday Annual Insurance Cover Cruise Ships?Planning on taking a cruise? Here are some things to consider to make sure your holiday annual insurance policy covers you. Thinking of getting a holiday annual insurance policy? Selecting Your Holiday Annual Insurance Policy If you haven’t bought your holiday annual insurance policy yet you need to ensure that all the countries and regions… Read More »Does Holiday Annual Insurance Cover Cruise Ships?
- What Does Annual Holiday Insurance Cover? Find Out HereAnnual holiday insurance cover works differently from single trip insurance cover. It is more likely to have cancellation cover for example. There are also differences to consider such as the number of trips taken, trip duration, and countries you plan to visit. Read on to find out all you need to know about annual holiday… Read More »What Does Annual Holiday Insurance Cover? Find Out Here
- Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance – All You Need to KnowHeard of annual multi trip travel insurance but not sure how it works? Well, read on because in this article I will cover everything you need to know. What is Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance? However many trips you take in a year you will always have travel insurance. Where Does Annual Multi Trip Travel… Read More »Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance – All You Need to Know
- Annual Car Hire Excess Insurance – All You Need to KnowAre you looking for annual car hire excess insurance? Great. It’s a fab way to save money when travelling and hiring cars. (This is one of my recommended travel items – find the rest of my Travel Essentials page) Why Do I Recommend This Annual Car Hire Excess Insurance? Currently £29.99 per year through Coverwise… Read More »Annual Car Hire Excess Insurance – All You Need to Know
- 7 Travel Insurance Annual Policy Things You Need to KnowLooking for a travel insurance annual policy? Having travelled professionally for over 30 years and taken many groups overseas in my role as a coach holiday Tour Manager I have seen how important it is to have travel insurance that is there when you need it. Here are my top tips, learned through dealing with… Read More »7 Travel Insurance Annual Policy Things You Need to Know
- Yearly Travel Insurance – Everything You Need to KnowWant to know all about yearly travel insurance? Check out this guide and get all your questions answered including what it covers, when to buy it, and pros and cons. It’s all here. Yearly Travel Insurance – What Is It? Yearly travel insurance is a policy that covers you wherever you travel for a whole… Read More »Yearly Travel Insurance – Everything You Need to Know