Looking for cheap hotels near Gatwick?
Great then this post is for you.
Below you will find details of 5 cheap hotels near Gatwick, 4 on site and 1 off site all of which I have stayed in while travelling as a Tour Manager for holiday companies.
At the bottom of the page you will find some FAQs regarding Gatwick Airport.
Cheap Hotels Near Gatwick
I have stayed at the Sofitel Gatwick Airport a number of times.
It’s my favourite hotel on this list of cheap hotels near Gatwick. I’ve used it for overnight stays before overseas trips and day use.
Sofitel London Gatwick – Things I Like
- The location is great. Just follow the signs directly from the North Terminal and head along a covered walkway to get directly to the hotel. Easy peasy.
- I love the central atrium – it is light and airy and a great place to spend time with a coffee even if you are not staying at the hotel.
- Dayrooms are available at this hotel – I have always found the cheapest deals through the specialised dayuse website.
- Breakfast has an extensive selection on the buffet which is a great way to start a day travelling. I loved the little juice shots and having a nice relaxed graze while reading the paper.
- The beds are really comfy, with lovely linens.
- The rooms are a nice size, with nice fittings and furnishings.
- The bathrooms are a good sized and well equipped with nice fluffy towels.
- There is a little cafe in the atrium and a couple of other choices of places to eat. I have only eaten breakfast there.
- The Sofitel is my hotel of choice at Gatwick if I have a bit more time to linger and enjoy the facilities.
Sofitel London Gatwick – Things I Like Less
- Rooms overlooking the atrium can experience some noise and you cannot have your curtains open so easily depending on where your room is located.
- Sometimes check in can be busy but it’s a busy hotel in a busy airport.
FAQ’s about Sofitel London Gatwick
Which Terminal is Sofitel London Gatwick?
It is linked to the North Terminal by a covered walkway – just follow the signs.
Is there parking at Sofitel London Gatwick?
There is not parking as such but the hotel works in partnership with one of the parking services and offers accommodation and parking deals.
What time is breakfast at Sofitel London Gatwick?
Continental breakfast is available from 5am and a full breakfast service starts at 6.30am. Continental is £15.3 per person and full breakfast £17.30. It is an extensive buffet with a wide range of hot and cold options including smoothie shots.
Does Sofitel London Gatwick have a swimming pool?
No but there is a 24 hour gym.
Which Gatwick hotels are connected to the North Terminal?
The only hotel connected to Gatwick North Terminal is the Sofitel London Gatwick. It is connected by a covered walkway. Just follow the signs from the terminal building.
Want to Stay at the Sofitel London Gatwick?
Pop your dates in below to quickly find the best online prices for the Sofitel London Gatwick
Cheap Hotels Near Gatwick
I have stayed at the Yotelair Gatwick Airport a number of times. I have only stayed in the Premium cabins and have used them inbetween flights rather than as an overnight hotel.
Finding the Yotelair is very easy. On arrival in the South Terminal just look for the lifts on the left hand side as you head toward the exit. Go down to the Yotelair which is actually below ground.
YotelAir – Things I Like
- The prices were reasonable for a 4 hour stay (this is the minimum that can be booked).
- The premium cabins were compact but had everything there including great wifi, a bed which adjusted to become a seat, great shower and blackout blinds.
- Snacks and drinks are available from the reception area.
- Mood lighting was great for getting some sleep.
- The beds are super comfy.
- Linens are nice with clean sheets and super soft pillows.
- The shower was great, very refreshing after a flight.
YotelAir – Things I Like Less
- The air flow system seemed a bit odd and on occasion was a bit noisy. It didn’t seem to be an air conditioner but more like fresh air flowing in from somewhere.
- No tea and coffee in the room but this is available free of charge from the reception desk which is very nearby.
- Whilst there was plenty of room for just me for two people it would be very cosy.
- I did look at the smaller cabins but you couldn’t stand up in these so I never stayed in them.
Yotelair Gatwick FAQs
What is Yotelair?
Yotelair is a type of hotel that was developed from airplane travel – taking some inspiration from the pods used in business and first class. It is designed to be affordable yet provide everything you need.
Gatwick Airport Sleeping Pods North Terminal
Yotelair is in the South Terminal, below floor level actually. It is located just where the arrivals gate comes out into the main terminal building.
Want to Stay at YotelAir London Gatwick?
Pop your dates in below to quickly find the best price available online for the YotelAir London Gatwick.
Cheap Hotels Near Gatwick
I have stayed at the Bloc Hotel Gatwick a number of times on my own and with my family. It is one of my favourite Gatwick hotels for an early start as you can fall out of bed and into the departures area, it really is right next door.
It is really easy to find as it is in the South Terminal building. Just take the lift behind Boots up 1 floor to the reception desk. It is next to the Departures so handy for flights!
Bloc Hotel Gatwick – Things I Like
- The location is great – really convenient. This hotel is right inside the terminal building.
- There are rooms without windows available which are great if you are using the room in the daytime between flights for example. I have always booked through the special dayuse website.
- Rooms are available with views of the runway including a runway suite!
- Rooms are generally quiet, particularly those without windows.
- The beds are really comfy.
- There is a tablet with controls things like the lights and temperature of your room.
- Linen is always nice, fresh and clean.
- The showers have always been good.
- There is a coffee shop just opposite reception and the Giraffe Restaurant is just next door.
Bloc Hotel Gatwick – Things I Like Less
- I stayed in a family room and this was quite small. If you had two children and two adults there would not be much room for luggage.
Bloc Hotel FAQs
Does Bloc Hotel Gatwick have a restaurant?
No it does not but right next door is Giraffe Restaurant which has a great and varied menu and directly opposite is a Cafe Nero for snacks, coffees, sandwiches etc.
Want to Stay at the Bloc Hotel Gatwick?
Pop your dates in below to quickly find the cheapest online prices for the Bloc Hotel Gatwick
Cheap Hotels Near Gatwick
I have stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott a couple of times. It’s one of the Gatwick Hotels located within walking distance of the terminal building.
Courtyard by Marriott Gatwick – Things I Like
- It is an easy flat walk from the Terminal to get to the hotel in around 10 minutes. Just turn right out of the main terminal exit and keep walking, the hotel will be on the right.
- The rooms I stayed in looked over some small trees and grass – it was nice to see some greenery and it also meant it was very quiet.
- Rooms were nice, spacious and well appointed with everything you would expect to find.
- The bathrooms were a good size.
- The reception area was nice, open and airy.
- The check in team were welcoming and friendly.
- There was a vending area near reception if you needed some snacks.
- The public areas were bright and airy.
Courtyard by Marriott Gatwick – Things I Liked Less
- Breakfast was very busy and it seemed a little disorganised. It is a buffet breakfast. My rate had breakfast included otherwise it would have been £10.95 for a continental buffet and £14.95 for a full buffet breakfast.
Courtyard by Marriott Restaurant Menu
There is a restaurant at the hotel. It is the same area where breakfast is served and called The Cow at the Airport.
The restaurant is open for dinner 5.30pm to 10pm. As the name suggests it does steak, burgers and pub style grub.
Cow at the Airport has a reasonably priced menu for an airport hotel.
Want To Stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Gatwick?
Pop your travel dates in below to quickly find the cheapest prices online for the Courtyard by Marriott Gatwick
Cheap Hotels Near Gatwick
I stayed at the Sandman Signature Hotel for two nights before a trip to Portugal with a friend. We needed a taxi to get there but I had wanted to stay to try this hotel out. It is one of the Gatwick hotels that is not on site.
Sandman Signature Hotel – Things I Like
- The room was a really good size with a seating area.
- Breakfast was good with a good selection and a pleasant dining room.
- There was a microwave and a fridge in the room which is handy if you wanted to store your own food or medication.
- The hotel has a restaurant on site, although we ate off site.
- There is a pool at the hotel (and a gym too).
Sandman Signature Hotel – Things I Like Less
- On the 1st morning the alarm clock went off at 4am – it had clearly been set by another traveller. It was a really loud alarm/radio combo.
- The bath/shower had been left set at shower so when I went to run a bath I got soaked (generally these should be left to bath to avoid this problem).
- On the 2nd day the room was not cleaned at all.
- The management response to these issues wasn’t great when I raised them all at reception.
- The distance from the airport hotel meant that when combined with the taxi cost this hotel was more expensive than on site airport hotels.
Sandman Signature FAQs
Sandman Signature Gatwick Airport Shuttle
The hotel does offer some deals which include parking and and a taxi transfer to the airport. They do not offer a shuttle service themselves. It is about 15 minutes in a taxi depending on traffic.
They do offer a special transfer rate with Metro cars of £8.50.
Sandman Signature Restaurant Menu
The menu is a mix of dishes including burgers, wings etc. It is reasonably priced for this type of hotel.
Want to Stay at the Sandman Signature Gatwick?
Check out the TripAdvisor Reviews of the Sandman Signature Gatwick
Pop your travel dates in below to quickly find the best prices online for the Sandman Signature Gatwick
Cheap Hotels Near Gatwick
On Site Gatwick Hotels – North Terminal
Pop your dates in below to find the best online prices for the Premier Inn North Terminal
Pop your dates in below to find the best online prices for the Hampton by Hilton
Cheap Hotels Near Gatwick
On Site Gatwick Hotels – South Terminal
Pop your dates in below to quickly find the best online prices for The Hilton Gatwick
Gatwick Airport FAQs
Is Gatwick North or South London?
Gatwick airport is located just off the M23 and it is South of London. It has it’s own train station right in the airport (it is located in the South Terminal). You can easily catch trains to London from here as well as connect to trains all over the country. You can also use your Oyster card to pay for train tickets (an Oyster card is a London travel card which gives reduced fares on trains, buses, trams and the Underground, as well as making travel ticketless).
Does Gatwick Airport have a hotel?
Yes. There are hotels in the terminal buildings and one connected to the terminal. There are also a variety of hotels within walking distance such as the Premier Inn, Courtyard by Marriott and more hotels connected by hotel shuttle bus.
Can You Sleep In Gatwick Airport
There are two hotels located inside the South terminal building.
Yotelair is in the South Terminal. These are Asian style cabins, although the deluxe cabins are very small rooms infact.
Bloc is on the 1st floor of the South Terminal. This hotel has a selection of rooms from budget rooms with no windows to runway view suites.
Which hotels are connected to Gatwick North Terminal?
The Sofitel is connected to the North Terminal by a corridor so it is almost within the terminal building. This is an upmarket 4 star hotel with very comfy beds. It is generally one of the more expensive options but worth it in my view.
Is the Gatwick Shuttle free?
The shuttle between the North and South terminals is free. It runs all the time with two or one train depending on demand and whether there is any maintenance being done. If you have kids go to the far end of the waiting area for the shuttle (furthest from the terminal building). This will give them a great view out of the front window of the shuttle. It is driverless so they will feel like they are driving it too!
The shuttle buses to the airport hotels, known as the Hotel Hoppa service, are not free. You can buy tickets on the bus or at the hotels for the return journey. They are £4 per person each way.
Want to Check Flights From Gatwick?
Use the route search to find cheapest flights.
This is set for London Gatwick to Barcelona.
Do A Gatwick Hotel Map Search
Use the map search below to see prices and distances super quick
Want to See the Best Gatwick Deals?
Check the list below for the current top deals
If you have found my cheap hotels near Gatwick post useful you might also like;
Inverness Airport Hotel – review including video room tour
Birmingham Airport Hotel – review including video room tour
If you would like some ideas for your next trip then check out my Travel Inspiration page
- Highland Hotel Strathpeffer Review: Great Stay With Our DogLooking to stay in Strathpeffer? Well check out this review of the Highland Hotel Strathpeffer, which includes a video tour of the room. What is the Highland Hotel Strathpeffer Like? The Highland Hotel is a large hotel in a historic building. The hotel has a wood panelled lounge and dining area and some stained glass… Read More »Highland Hotel Strathpeffer Review: Great Stay With Our Dog
- Baku Holiday Review: Check Out Why Baku is Great to VisitIs Baku Good for a Holiday? Baku is not visited by many people from the UK, making it feel quite undiscovered. It’s in the earlier stages of tourism development giving it a unique feel. It is very easy to explore on foot and public transport. The history of Baku is really interesting and there is… Read More »Baku Holiday Review: Check Out Why Baku is Great to Visit
- Valencia City Break Review: Check Out This Fabulous Friendly CityConsidering a Valencia city break? You absolutely should as it’s a fantastic city. Check out this guide to a Valencia city break and get ideas for your own trip. First let’s deal with a common question! Is Valencia Worth a Visit? Valencia is less visited than some other cities such as Barcelona. This gives it… Read More »Valencia City Break Review: Check Out This Fabulous Friendly City
- Riga City Break Review: Fantastic City with Great Food & DiscoveriesIs Riga A Good City Break? Riga has so many attractions. There is a wonderful old town with historic buildings and cute cafes. The Art Nouveau district has some fabulous architecture to admire. There is a lovely canal running through the city with boat trips on it, and around the canal are lovely gardens. Riga… Read More »Riga City Break Review: Fantastic City with Great Food & Discoveries
- Southerness Things To Do – Cute Cafes, Wonderful Wildlife & Sandy BeachesAre you planning on visiting Southerness? Want some ideas of things to do in the area? Great then check out this list of things we did during our week long stay in November 2021. (If you want to check out the holiday cottage we stayed in have a look at Southerness Self Catering, which includes… Read More »Southerness Things To Do – Cute Cafes, Wonderful Wildlife & Sandy Beaches
- Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira – Fab Algarve Hotel With Amazing LocationAre you looking for a great hotel in Albufeira? Right on the beach? With great facilities? Well fab. You are in the right place. Check out my review of a the 4 Star Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira. 1. Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira – Location The Sol E Mar is located in Albufeira. This… Read More »Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira – Fab Algarve Hotel With Amazing Location
- Vidamar Resort Algarve Review – Fantastic Resort Hotel in Fab LocationAre you looking for a great resort styled hotel with everything in one place? Then check out my review of a 3 night stay at the Vidamar Resort Algarve. It’s a lovely hotel, with great rooms, plus spa facilities, beach access and a choice of restaurants. 1. Vidamar Resort Algarve – Address The address of… Read More »Vidamar Resort Algarve Review – Fantastic Resort Hotel in Fab Location
- Vilamoura Holiday Review: Top Tips and Info To Help You PlanAre you considering a Vilamoura holiday? Well that’s great to hear – it’s a lovely destination and I enjoyed a lovely holiday there. Read on for everything I learned during my holiday in Vilamoura including things to do, a fabulous circular drive and two great hotels that I stayed in. First off let’s deal with… Read More »Vilamoura Holiday Review: Top Tips and Info To Help You Plan
- Loch Ness Tour – Fab Views, Cute Cafes & A Great DriveThinking of visiting Loch Ness? Why not drive the complete way round it on this circular easy one day Loch Ness tour. Most people have heard of Loch Ness. It’s one of the most visited places in the Scottish Highlands. What many people who visit the area don’t know is that the Eastern side of… Read More »Loch Ness Tour – Fab Views, Cute Cafes & A Great Drive
- Australia Tours: 3 Top Trips Compared – Find Your Ideal OneTable of Contents Are you looking for Australia Tours from the UK?Australia Tours – A Wonderful Option To Cover Alot in this Amazing CountryAustralia Tours ComparisonAustralia Tours – SAGA Australian AdventureSAGA Australian Adventure Holiday Headlines Are you looking for Australia Tours from the UK? Considering the trip of a lifetime to this wonderful country? Great!… Read More »Australia Tours: 3 Top Trips Compared – Find Your Ideal One
- Azores Island Hopping – In Depth Review of Fantastic Great Value TourLooking for An Azores Island Hopping Holiday? Do you want inside tips and information about the itinerary from someone who has been? Great! You are in the exactly the right place. I have taken 5 or 6 British groups on holidays to the Azores Island Hopping and it is somewhere I really enjoy visiting. If… Read More »Azores Island Hopping – In Depth Review of Fantastic Great Value Tour
- Azores Holidays – Why You Should Visit These Stunning IslandsA little confession! Ahead of my first job as a Tour Manager taking Azores Holidays I didn’t know where the islands were! I’ve been lucky enough to visit 5 times I think, so let me share with you everything I know about this fantastic place and why you should consider it for a holiday. Table… Read More »Azores Holidays – Why You Should Visit These Stunning Islands
- Birmingham City Break with Vintage Cinema & Coffin Museum – Bostin!Considering a Birmingham city break? Want to know a bit more about what this city has to offer? Great! Then check out this review of a weekend trip to Birmingham with details of things to do and places to visit. Getting to Birmingham City Break from the Highlands I flew from Inverness to Birmingham. There… Read More »Birmingham City Break with Vintage Cinema & Coffin Museum – Bostin!
- Grasmere Lake District – A Little Gem With Lots to EnjoyIs Grasmere Lake District Worth Visiting? It’s absolutely worth visiting. It’s got literary interest with Wordsworth living and being buried there. There is also a very quirky National Trust property. There are cute cafes and great walks too. Check out this guide to Grasmere Lake District and get planning your visit. 1. Grasmere Lake District… Read More »Grasmere Lake District – A Little Gem With Lots to Enjoy
- Istanbul City Break – What It’s Like As a Solo Female TravellerThinking of taking an Istanbul city break? If so check out my guide based on a stay near Taksim Square and using public transport. Here is my review of a 3 night stay that I took, travelling on my own as a solo female. Table of Contents Istanbul City Break1. Getting To Istanbul From InvernessIstanbul… Read More »Istanbul City Break – What It’s Like As a Solo Female Traveller