Coach Holiday Expert – Here to Help
How Does Being a Coach Holiday Expert Help You?
- I’ve put together resources and guides to help you find your perfect coach holiday, whether you are a newbie or old hand
- For some destinations, I’ve done the legwork for you and compared the top coach holiday itineraries side by side, and added in some of my insider insights to help you find your perfect trip
- I’ve shared hacks and guides to help you travel like a coach holiday expert too!
Why Am I The Coach Holiday Expert?
Over 25 years of experience taking groups on coach holidays all over the world. Worked for several different coach holiday companies as a Tour Manager. Trained other Tour Managers on behalf of coach holiday companies. Taken special interest groups, private groups and trips to events and concerts. Did coach holidays before there were cheap flights!
What Type of Coach Traveller Are You?
Take this very quick quiz which will help you get an idea of the type of holiday that might suit you best. ?
Quick Links to Coach Holiday Expert Resources
Based on feedback from guests I have travelled with about why these regular take coach holidays.
What does an orientation tour mean? Is it the same as a guided tour (in short no!)
These easy steps will help you avoid the most common issues guests experience and have a great coach holiday experience as a result.
3 things you need to know before you book – to help you find the right trip for you
Coach Holiday Expert – Coach Holiday Reviews
Knowing the right questions to ask and understanding what you are buying is key to finding the right coach holiday for you.
To make it easier I have done some side by side comparisons of coach holidays, so you can compare itineraries, included extras, costs and also get insider insights to help you understand the itinerary.
Itinerary insights also help you to understand areas where you might want to ask more questions before you travel.
Check out this detailed review with lots of information to help you decide if this is your perfect railway holiday
Check out this in depth review of a popular river cruise with a well known company. Is this the perfect river cruise for you?
Coach Holiday Expert YouTube Videos
Coach Holiday Expert – My Coach Holiday Experience
I have spent 25 years taking coach holidays all over the world.
I started taking coach holidays before the internet, before modern computers and before cheap flights came along. We weren’t quite steam driven in those days but I do wonder how we managed and how everything worked!
I have lots of experience including;
- River cruise holidays.
- Stay and explore holidays.
- Special interest holidays.
- Active holidays.
Being a Tour Manager has been so much more than a job for me, it really has been a lifestyle and a career and one that I have absolutely loved.
Not only have I met and travelled with thousands of lovely people, I have also seen and visited many wonderful places and have had the chance to learn about them before and from local guides when there in person.
Years of experience are great but they don’t necessarily mean you are a coach holiday expert.
I have also invested a great deal of effort into honing my skills and knowledge when it comes to coach holidays including;
- Taking first departure tours which involved on the spot problem fixing due to itinerary and supplier issues.
- Taking private group tours including alumni groups.
- Training other tour managers.
- Updating tour manuals and information for other tour managers.
- Providing tour briefings to other tour managers.
- Taking over coach holidays at the last minute in the event of illness or accident of tour manager or coach driver.
Coach Holiday Expert – My Travel Experience
Over my 25 year career I have taken holidays to;
- Most of Europe including France, Portugal, Spain, Latvia, Lithuania, Sweden, Finland, Belgium, Holland and Italy
- Australia and New Zealand
- Singapore and Bangkok
- Plus plenty of trips to the UK, special events, sporting events and much more.
More Coach Holiday Expert Articles
Coach Holiday to Lake Garda – helpful things to know before you book
Australia Tour – helpful things to know before you book
Coach Holidays for Single Travellers – 3 things you need to know
Coach Holiday Companies – Is bigger better?
Don’t Avoid a Coach Holiday – You Are Missing a Great Trip
Coach Trip Terminology – what does an orientation tour mean?
- Touring Holidays to Italy – Find Your Perfect Trip Now 🚍Looking for touring holidays to Italy? Great – here you will find a comparison of all the Italian coach holidays available from the main coach holiday companies in the UK. Compare companies and tours and find your favourite trip quickly and easily. Touring Holidays to Italy with Saga Holidays Saga Holidays are for those aged … Read more
- Coach Holiday Hand Luggage – Helpful Things to Know 🚍Planning on taking a coach holiday? Here are some tips to help you with your coach holiday hand luggage. Coach Holiday Hand Luggage – Size The overhead racks on coaches are much smaller than the overhead lockers/bins on planes. For most coaches, a small case that is 45x36x20cm is probably about as big as you … Read more
- Coach Holiday Meals – Things to Know Before You Book 🚍Are you planning on taking a coach holiday? Don’t assume you know what the coach holiday meals will be like – read on for some examples and things to consider before you book. Coach Holiday Meals – What’s Included The website or brochure that you see before you make your booking should have details of … Read more
- What Are the Best Seats On a Coach Holiday? 🚍Wondering what the best seats on a coach are if you are planning on taking a coach holiday? It’s not always the front seat. Here are my tips to help you find your best seat. Best Seats on a Coach – Coach Holiday Seating Policies The first thing to mention before we talk about the … Read more
- Optional and Included Coach Excursions – What Are They? 🚍Heard the term coach excursion and not sure what it means? Here’s all you need to know about a coach holiday excursion and the different types available. Coach Excursion – What Does It Mean? When you book a coach holiday you will be booking a package of things. This may include the following; Coach Excursion … Read more
- Crossing the Channel by Ferry Or Tunnel on a Coach Holiday 🚍Check out this post if your coach holiday involves crossing the channel by ferry or by Eurotunnel and you want to know about the different ways of crossing the channel. Crossing the Channel by Ferry The ferry crossing from Dover takes 1.5 hours across the English Channel. The ferries are large with plenty of facilities … Read more
- What is a Cruise Escort and What Do They Do? 🚢Ever wondered what the role of a cruise escort is? Well here’s my guide based on doing the role several times over the course of my coach holiday career. It may be a bit different from what you think! What is a Cruise Escort? The Role A cruise escort is there to just accompany the … Read more
- Coach Holiday Seating Policies – What You Need to Know 🚍Coach holiday seating is an important part of any holiday. There is nothing worse than spending a week or more in a seat on the coach with a column running through it so there is very little view (yes coaches do have these!). If you are worried about travel sickness you may want to read … Read more
- What’s The Difference? Tour Manager and a Tour Guide 🚍Do you want to understand the difference between a Tour Manager and a Tour Guide? Well, this quick guide will explain both roles so you can understand them and know what to expect on your coach holiday. What’s the Difference Between a Tour Manager and a Tour Guide? Tour Manager The Tour Manager is responsible … Read more
You Might Also Like
Travel Inspiration – trip reports, reviews, book reviews and more to help you get ideas for your next adventure
Travel Essentials – reviews of tried and tested travel gear
Travel More and Spend Less – articles, guides and hacks to help you squeeze the most from your travel budget
Annual Travel Insurance – all you need to know about this travel essential
The Scottish Highlands – holiday cottages, hotels, things to do, and much more to help you get the most from your holiday
Invergordon Cruise Port – all you need to know to help your plan your visit
Loch Ness Tour – details of a 1 day private tour that goes the whole way around Loch Ness!
Coach Holiday Expert – holiday reviews, articles, and advice to help you have the best coach holiday
About Melanie – background and travel experience
About the Professional Traveller – what this website is all about and why it was set up
Work with Me – details of the travel review services I provide to destinations, hotels, and holiday companies