I Help People Find & Have Their Best Coach Holiday
Why Am I A Coach Holiday Expert?
- I am a coach holiday expert because I’ve spent 25 years being a Tour Manager, taking groups on coach holidays.
- During that time I have worked with several different coach holiday companies.
- I have trained other Tour Managers for coach holiday companies.
- I have taken new tours, to test out and refine the itinerary.
- I have taken tours to concerts, special events and taken private group tours.
- My career started before cheap flights were a thing and coach travel was the cheapest way to reach Europe!
- My coach holiday work has taken me throughout most of Europe, alongwith China, Russia, Australia and New Zealand.
- I’ve travelled with thousands of wonderful people and learned everything there is to know about what makes a great coach holiday along the way.
How Does Being a Coach Holiday Expert Help You?
- I’ve put together resources and guides to help you find your perfect coach holiday, whether newbie or old hand
- For some destinations I’ve done the legwork for you and compared the top coach holiday itineraries side by side, and added in some of my insider insights to help you find your perfect trip
- I’ve shared hacks and guides to help you travel like a coach holiday expert too!
What Type of Coach Traveller Are You?
Take this very quick quiz which will help you get an idea of the type of holiday that might suit you best. 🚌
Coach Holiday Expert Blog Articles
- The Top 4 Coach Holiday Myths Busted!Have you ever considered a coach holiday? There are many coach holiday myths about this type of holiday. Having spent 25 years taking coach holidays all over the world as a Tour Manager I’m here to help bust some of the most common coach holiday myths. Let’s get busting. Table of Contents Coach Holiday Myths… Read More »The Top 4 Coach Holiday Myths Busted!
- What a Coach Holiday Tour Manager Really Does – It’s Alot!Ever wondered what a coach holiday tour manager does? Well this article is an in depth look at the role based on my 25 year experience of being a coach holiday Tour Manager for various coach holiday companies. Firstly, let’s just clarify some language. Tour Manager, Tour Director, Program Director – these all generally describe… Read More »What a Coach Holiday Tour Manager Really Does – It’s Alot!
- Highland Coach Holiday – A Great Way to Discover the HighlandsLooking for a Highland coach holiday? One which is based in Inverness with trips out? A Highland coach holiday which you can join by plane, train or drive yourself? Great – because SAGA have a new holiday for 2021 called the ‘Scottish Highlands Escape’. Having spent 25 years taking tours all over the world as… Read More »Highland Coach Holiday – A Great Way to Discover the Highlands
- Coach Holiday Trends – Exciting Changes For the FutureInterested in coach holidays? Want to learn about some exciting coach holiday trends? I’ve spent over 25 years working as a coach holiday Tour Manager, taking coach holidays all over the world. It’s a great way to travel and it’s an industry that is always changing and adapting. Coach holiday trends have been hugely impacted… Read More »Coach Holiday Trends – Exciting Changes For the Future
- 10 Coach Holiday Hacks – For An Even Better TripLooking for some coach holiday hacks to help you have an even better trip? I have learned a few coach holiday hacks over my 25 year career as a Tour Manager taking holidays all over the world. This list of coach holiday hacks is made up of things that I have learned myself, I’ve learned… Read More »10 Coach Holiday Hacks – For An Even Better Trip
- Coach Holiday Company Differences – 4 Things To ConsiderEvery considered coach holiday company differences when thinking of booking? There are big differences between smaller and larger coach holidays and these can have an impact on all aspects of the coach holiday experience. In this article I look at 4 main coach holiday company differences you consider when choosing a coach holiday company. Table… Read More »Coach Holiday Company Differences – 4 Things To Consider
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Avoid a Coach Holiday (Or Not!)Ever thought about a coach holiday? Heard lots of reasons why you should avoid a coach holiday? In this article I want to discuss some of the most common issues I have experienced over my 25 year career as a coach holiday tour manager. Instead of encouraging you to avoid a coach holiday completely, I… Read More »6 Reasons Why You Should Avoid a Coach Holiday (Or Not!)
- Coach Trip Terminology – What’s An Orientation Tour?Heard the phrase ‘orientation tour’ and not sure what it means? Well this article on coach trip terminology explains why these types of tours are sometimes a feature of coach holidays and what you need to consider when you see them in the holiday information. Coach Trip Terminology – What is An Orientation Tour? An… Read More »Coach Trip Terminology – What’s An Orientation Tour?
- Coach Trips – 10 Things You Absolutely Need to Know Before You BookHaving spent 25 years taking coach tour trips all over the world, as a Tour Manager, I have seen my guests experience all sorts of problems and issues. Many of those issues could have been prevented completely – saving guests money and frustration as a result. This list is based on the 10 most common issues… Read More »Coach Trips – 10 Things You Absolutely Need to Know Before You Book
- Australia Tours – 4 Top Tours Compared Side by SideTable of Contents Are you looking for Australia Tours?Australia Tours – A Wonderful Option To Cover Alot in this Amazing CountryAustralia Tours ComparisonAustralia Tours – SAGA Australian AdventureAustralia Tours – Titan Best of AustraliaLeger – Uncover AustraliaAustralia Tours Itinerary Comparisons Are you looking for Australia Tours? Considering the trip of a lifetime to this wonderful… Read More »Australia Tours – 4 Top Tours Compared Side by Side
- Azores Island Hopping – In Depth Guide to a Great TourAre you looking for an Azores Island Hopping holiday? Do you want inside tips and information about the itinerary from someone who has been? Great! You are in the exactly the right place. I have taken 5 or 6 British groups on holidays to the Azores Island Hopping and it is somewhere I really enjoy… Read More »Azores Island Hopping – In Depth Guide to a Great Tour
- 9 Reasons To Choose A Coach HolidayConsidering a coach holiday? Here are 9 reasons to choose a coach holiday, based on my 25 year career as a coach holiday Tour Manager. Here is a list of the top 9 things my guests have told me about the reasons that made them choose a coach holiday. Table of Contents 1. Alot Included… Read More »9 Reasons To Choose A Coach Holiday
- Coach Holidays and Covid19 – Potential Holiday ImpactsDo you want to understand more about coach holidays and Covid19 impacts? As the travel industry as a whole has been severaly impacted by Covid19 let’s look at coach holidays and Covid19 impacts – as there may be some things you hadn’t considered. Airlines have already been promoting what they are going to do to… Read More »Coach Holidays and Covid19 – Potential Holiday Impacts
Coach Holiday Expert – Experience
I have spent 25 years taking coach holidays all over the world. I started taking coach holidays before the internet, before modern computers and before cheap flights came along. We weren’t quite steam driven in those days but I do wonder how we managed and how everything worked!
I have lots of experience of different types of coach holidays including;
- Taking early European tours before cheap flights.
- Combined coach and rail coach holidays.
- Special event coach holidays including concerts and sporting events.
- River cruise holidays.
- Stay and explore holidays.
- Special interest holidays.
- Active holidays.
Being a Tour Manager has been so much more than a job for me, it really has been a lifestyle and a career and one that I have absolutely loved.
Not only have I met and travelled with thousands of lovely people, I have also seen and visited many wonderful places and have had the chance to learn about them before and from local guides when there in person.
Years of experience are great but they don’t necessarily mean you are a coach holiday expert.
I have also invested a great deal of effort into honing my skills and knowledge when it comes to coach holidays including;
- Taking first departure tours which involved on the spot problem fixing due to itinerary and supplier issues.
- Taking private group tours including alumni groups.
- Training other tour managers.
- Updating tour manuals and information for other tour managers.
- Providing tour briefings to other tour managers.
- Taking over coach holidays at the last minute in the event of illness or accident of tour manager or coach driver.
Coach Holiday Expert – My Travel Experience
Over my 25 year career I have taken holidays to;
- Most of Europe including France, Portugal, Spain, Latvia, Lithuania, Sweden, Finland, Belgium, Holland and Italy
- Australia and New Zealand
- Singapore and Bangkok
- Plus plenty of trips to the UK, special events, sporting events and much more.
I’ve got a huge number of notes and cards from passengers I have travelled with over the years. These are always a great reminder of a happy trip and helping someone to enjoy their experience. A couple of notable recent experiences;
I travelled with a first time traveller who had never been out of the US before. She was very nervous but enjoyed her trip and wrote me the most wonderful note saying how I had helped her gain the confidence to carry on travelling.
A husband and wife travelled with me on a recent trip. The husband had absolutely hated the idea of a coach holiday and was really going along because of his wife. He didn’t really think he would enjoy the experience. At the end of the holiday he did a speech on behalf of the group saying what a great Tour Manager I had been and that he was converted and was now looking forward to lots more holidays with his wife.
Who knew Tour Managers could help marriages too!
Check out a couple of testimonials from my most recent tours 👇
Coach Holiday Expert Resources For You;
If you haven’t got it already I would really recommend my 10 Things You Absolutely Need to Know Before You Book a Coach Holiday. It’s based on the most common issues experienced by guests I have travelled with and how you can easily avoid these. Just hit the button below to get your copy;
Quick Links to Coach Holiday Expert Resources
What you absolutely need to know before you book to ensure you find the right trip for you
Based on feedback from my coach holiday guests over the years
Check out some of the differences between larger and smaller coach holiday companies
To Help You Have An Even Better Holiday
It’s probably more than you think!
Things to consider when booking a coach holiday
Coach Holiday Expert – Holiday Comparisons & Itinerary Insights
Knowing the right questions to ask and understanding what you are buying are key to finding the right holiday for you.
To make it easier I have done some side by side comparisons of coach holidays, so you can compare itineraries, included extras, costs and also get insider insights to help you understand the itinerary.
Itinerary insights also helps you to understand areas where you might want to ask more questions before you travel.
Side by side comparison of some of the most popular coach holidays with top tips and insider insights
A fantastic destination! Check out side by side comparisons of some great coach holidays to find the perfect one for you
A stay and discover tour review with how to get to the Highlands, local tips and questions you might want to ask before booking
Coach Holiday Considerations
There are lots of things to think about before you book a coach holiday. If you haven’t already got it I would recommend my 10 Things You Absolutely Need to Know about a Coach Holiday. This will help you avoid some of the most common issues I have seen guests experience on holiday, by ensuring you get the best holiday for you. The article will help identify areas of the itinerary you might want to ask more about.
Here are some other things you might want to consider or ask more about too;
Given the uncertainty around any travel at the moment it is probably worth being clear about deposit terms, current travel advice in relation to travel in the UK and also overseas, and how any advice differs in relations to coaches and coach holidays. You may want to check any advice, requirements, restrictions in relation to seats, hotels, tours, toilets and more. For more detailed information on this topic check out my article Coach Holidays and Covid19.
How do you join your coach holiday? Are there local joining points or do you make your own way, fly or take the train and then start your coach holiday?
If there are local joining points how much coach travel is involved before you reach the starting point for the holiday? Some companies operate local joining points which could be for more than one holiday, with all passengers meeting up and then changing on the right coaches for their holidays. Local joining points can also mean that the coach takes longer to reach the starting point for the main holiday because it has to go round and pick people up.
Does the coach have reclining seats, an onboard toilet or air conditioning? While you might expect these things as standard they are not always. This can be the case when using coaches for pick ups (known as feeder coaches) and it can also be the case if using coaches overseas. Not all coaches in other countries have air conditioning, they may have forced air cooling systems too.
Coach Holiday Companies
If you want to jump right in and start looking at coach holidays right now then check out the following companies, all of whom I know;