Are you planning on taking a coach holiday?
Don’t assume you know what the coach holiday meals will be like – read on for some examples and things to consider before you book.
Coach Holiday Meals – What’s Included
The website or brochure that you see before you make your booking should have details of how many meals are included in your coach holiday.
Most companies give a breakdown of how many and what type of meals are included. For example, this tour of Andalucia includes 8 breakfasts and 8 evening meals. That means any meals in between these times are at your own expense.
What is included depends on the type of coach holiday, and where you are visiting.
Some coach holidays provide all inclusive options which include all meals and drinks, some just include breakfast.
Given how much it varies from holiday to holiday it’s always best to check – meals are such a big part of the holiday experience.
I have had a number of guests over the years who have been disappointed that the meals on the tour they were on were different from their previous tour – they assumed that it would be the same meal arrangements because it was the same holiday company.
Even if all your meals are included it doesn’t mean you have to eat them all. Sometimes guests like to take a night to try a local restaurant on their own, or they aren’t used to eating such large meals. I once had a guest who didn’t eat any of his included evening meals as he liked to eat before 3pm each day.
Coach Holiday Meals
Each holiday company has a different approach to coach holiday meals. Some companies require a set menu with 3 choices per course for their guests, some require a buffet with a minimum number of choices and some have a set menu with no choices.
Again it varies greatly so it is always worth checking you know what the meal arrangements are rather than being disappointed.
One holiday company I worked with provided buffets for evening meals in one country, and all set menus with no choices in another country.
As above it’s best not to assume but to check and know for sure rather than being disappointed.
Coach Holiday Meals
Coach Holiday Drinks
There can often be confusion about drinks on coach holidays. One of the most common issues is that guests might have taken a coach holiday to Spain or Portugal for example and had wine included with their meals. Then they take a coach holiday to another country and find that wine is not included and they are disappointed.
This varies from country to country and company to company. Wine may be included in countries where it is very cheap, but generally, it’s not included in countries where it is more expensive such as the UK.
Water is sometimes included, as is tea or coffee at the end of the meal but again this varies from country to country and also company to company.
Some coach holiday companies do offer the option to include a drinks package. This may include local drinks and not premium brands. For example, a local vodka may be included in the drinks package but not Smirnoff.
Coach Holiday Meals – Conclusion
- Don’t assume what the meals might be on your coach holiday – that’s a sure way to cause confusion and disappointment. Check with the holiday company to make sure before you book.
- Check whether there are choices for evening meals, whether it’s a fixed menu, buffet, or something else.
- Double-check what drinks are included with your evening meal – if none are included then you know you need to budget extra for these.
🌏 Professional Traveller for +36 years
🚍 Coach holiday expert – taken 8,000 people on holiday
🏴 Scottish Highlands Lover
You Might Also Like
If you have found this article about coach holiday meals useful you might also like;
11 Coach Holiday Hacks – for an even better coach holiday
Find all my resources, guides and information on my Coach Holidays page
- Touring Holidays to Italy – Find Your Perfect Trip Now 🚍Looking for touring holidays to Italy? Great – here you will find a comparison of all the Italian coach holidays available from the main coach holiday companies in the UK. Compare companies and tours and find your favourite trip quickly and easily. Touring Holidays to Italy with Saga Holidays Saga Holidays are for those aged … Read more
- Coach Holiday Hand Luggage – Helpful Things to Know 🚍Planning on taking a coach holiday? Here are some tips to help you with your coach holiday hand luggage. Coach Holiday Hand Luggage – Size The overhead racks on coaches are much smaller than the overhead lockers/bins on planes. For most coaches, a small case that is 45x36x20cm is probably about as big as you … Read more
- Coach Holiday Meals – Things to Know Before You Book 🚍Are you planning on taking a coach holiday? Don’t assume you know what the coach holiday meals will be like – read on for some examples and things to consider before you book. Coach Holiday Meals – What’s Included The website or brochure that you see before you make your booking should have details of … Read more
- What Are the Best Seats On a Coach Holiday? 🚍Wondering what the best seats on a coach are if you are planning on taking a coach holiday? It’s not always the front seat. Here are my tips to help you find your best seat. Best Seats on a Coach – Coach Holiday Seating Policies The first thing to mention before we talk about the … Read more
- Optional and Included Coach Excursions – What Are They? 🚍Heard the term coach excursion and not sure what it means? Here’s all you need to know about a coach holiday excursion and the different types available. Coach Excursion – What Does It Mean? When you book a coach holiday you will be booking a package of things. This may include the following; Coach Excursion … Read more
- Crossing the Channel by Ferry Or Tunnel on a Coach Holiday 🚍Check out this post if your coach holiday involves crossing the channel by ferry or by Eurotunnel and you want to know about the different ways of crossing the channel. Crossing the Channel by Ferry The ferry crossing from Dover takes 1.5 hours across the English Channel. The ferries are large with plenty of facilities … Read more
- What is a Cruise Escort and What Do They Do? 🚢Ever wondered what the role of a cruise escort is? Well here’s my guide based on doing the role several times over the course of my coach holiday career. It may be a bit different from what you think! What is a Cruise Escort? The Role A cruise escort is there to just accompany the … Read more
- Coach Holiday Seating Policies – What You Need to Know 🚍Coach holiday seating is an important part of any holiday. There is nothing worse than spending a week or more in a seat on the coach with a column running through it so there is very little view (yes coaches do have these!). If you are worried about travel sickness you may want to read … Read more
- What’s The Difference? Tour Manager and a Tour Guide 🚍Do you want to understand the difference between a Tour Manager and a Tour Guide? Well, this quick guide will explain both roles so you can understand them and know what to expect on your coach holiday. What’s the Difference Between a Tour Manager and a Tour Guide? Tour Manager The Tour Manager is responsible … Read more