Compression packing cubes are a great way to organise your clothes when travelling. They can save lots of space in your suitcase.
This compression packing cube set is one of my travel essentials for longer trips.
Read on for all the details.
Author Bio – Melanie Newdick, Professional Traveller
- +36 years travelling for work. Visited +40 countries (many multiple times)
- Stayed in over 700 hotels. Taken +9,500 on coach holidays
- Check all out my best money saving resources
Looking for A Compression Packing Cube Set?
Do Compression Packing Cubes Really Save Space?
Compression packing cubes can reduce the space your clothes take up by up to 50%. It depends on the type of clothing. Denim and thick woollens don’t reduce to the same extent.
Why Do I Recommend This Compression Packing Cube?
- It has a double-zipper system
- There are 3 compression cubes included in the set
- They are great at compressing your clothes and saving luggage space
- They make finding your clothes when travelling easy
- They save ironing if you fold things right!
Currently £18.69 and free Amazon Prime delivery – why not get yours now?
Compression Packing Cube Set
If you want to reduce the size of the luggage you travel with then you need compression packing cubes.
These cubes work exactly the same as regular packing cubes in that you pack your clothes into them. However, once the packing cube is full you then compress the contents of the bag using the double zipper system.
The picture below shows how they work.
I have found these cubes work best with clothes that are folded rather than rolled. If you try and compress clothes that are folded they are just going to crease pretty badly and require ironing when you unpack them.
They can require a bit of elbow grease to close as they use the force of you pushing down on the packing cube and then closing the zip to save space.
They are ideal if you want to travel just with hand luggage or under seat luggage to save on baggage fees for example.
These cubes will reduce your packing space by about 50% with most materials, denim is a little tougher. Also, thick woollen jumpers won’t compress to the same amount.
With a bit of careful folding these compression packing cubes will also ensure that your clothes arrive wrinkle-free when you unpack too. The compression helps stop your clothes from moving around in your luggage so helps to avoid unpacking a wrinkled pile of clothing, which requires ironing or steaming.
This set includes 3 compression cubes.
You can use them all at once, for different types of clothing, or for different sizes of luggage – the choice is yours!
(I have tried the air compression packing cubes previously and the ones that attached to hoovers to suck the air out of them. It’s quite tricky to find a hoover when travelling and with the air ones I ended up rolling around on hotel floors trying to squish the air out which wasn’t fun!)
Best Compression Packing Cube for Travel – Price
These are currently £18.69 on Amazon with free Prime delivery – why not get yours now?
You Might Also Like
If you have found this travel probiotic article helpful you might also like;
Best Travel Ear Plugs – these, combined with a sleep mask, mean a good night’s sleep anywhere!
Best Travel Earbuds – great value and great sound with these Bluetooth noise-cancelling earbuds
Sleep Mask – This mask will ensure a great night’s sleep or nap anywhere
Power Cable – a 4.5m long power cable, ideal for travelling
Best Hanging Wash Bag – a great way to save packing and unpacking time when travelling
Travel Fan – ideal to use along with these ginger sweets to help prevent travel sickness
Travel Adapter – adapts to any power socket in the world and has 4 USB sockets too!
- Best Compression Packing Cube Set – Saves Luggage SpaceCompression packing cubes are a great way to organise your clothes when travelling. They can save lots of space in your suitcase. This compression packing cube set is one of my travel essentials for longer trips. Read on for all the details. Looking for A Compression Packing Cube Set? Why Do I Recommend This Compression… Read More »Best Compression Packing Cube Set – Saves Luggage Space
- Check Out The Best Packing Cubes for TravellingPacking cubes are a fantastic way to organise your clothes when travelling. This packing cube set is great value and includes a washbag too – bargain! Looking for Packing Cubes? I’ve got two great recommendations here. I am going to start with a recommended regular packing cube and then a compression packing cube. Why Do… Read More »Check Out The Best Packing Cubes for Travelling
- Book Light – Makes Reading Easy when TravellingA book light is a great travel essential if you have ever been frustrated by the lack of a decent bedside light when travelling. It’s also great for long haul flights, especially those which travel overnight. Are you looking for a book light? This is the one that I use when travelling – it’s tiny… Read More »Book Light – Makes Reading Easy when Travelling
- Easyjet Cabin Bag – Check Out This Great Underseat CaseEasyjet customers get an underseat case included with the ticket. This underseat case is one of my favourite cases. It’s ideal for a 3-5 day trip and there is no need to wait at the luggage carousel too. Sweet! Are you looking for a great Easyjet cabin bag? This is my favourite case for travelling… Read More »Easyjet Cabin Bag – Check Out This Great Underseat Case
- Travel Probiotic – A Great Way To Stay Well When TravellingAre you looking for a travel probiotic? This is the brand that I use when I travel somewhere I think this might be helpful. Why Do I Recommend This Travel Probiotic? Currently £19.99 and free Amazon Prime delivery. Why not get yours now? The Best Travel Probiotic During my travels, I have often been in places where… Read More »Travel Probiotic – A Great Way To Stay Well When Travelling
- Wired Earphones – Great Value and Great for TravellingAre you looking for a some wired earphones? Check out these earbud style ones which are good value with a good sound. Why Do I Recommend Wired Earphones? Currently £10.99 and free Prime delivery? Why not get yours now? The Best Wired Earphones Wired earphones are great to have when travelling. They are a backup in case… Read More »Wired Earphones – Great Value and Great for Travelling
- 10 Travel Essentials You Need for a Great TripHere are my 10 travel essentials based on years of travelling with thousands of travellers all over the world. During that time I have met all sorts of travellers, travelling on all types of holidays from budget to luxury ones. No matter what the holiday has cost I have seen guests across all types of… Read More »10 Travel Essentials You Need for a Great Trip
- This Great Travel Document Holder Will Keep You OrganisedAre you looking for a great travel document holder? This one has room for multiple passports/documents, money, cards, pen holder & phone pocket! Why Do I Recommend This Travel Document Holder? Currently £8.49 with free Prime delivery ? why not get yours now? The Best Travel Document Holder Keeping travel documents and items together makes travelling less… Read More »This Great Travel Document Holder Will Keep You Organised
- Great Value Earbuds – Super Light and Fab for TravellingAre you looking for some great travel earbuds? These are great value and come with a charging case. Why Do I Recommend These Earbuds? Currently £18.99 and free Prime delivery? why not get yours now? The Best Earbuds Travelling can often be quite a noisy experience. Airports, train stations, hotels, buses, cities and streets – all can… Read More »Great Value Earbuds – Super Light and Fab for Travelling