Looking to stay at the Foyers House Hotel?
Here is my review, including a video room tour, of a one night stay in November 2022. I was staying in Foyers because I was attending a photography course.
Price for Stay – 1 Night in November 2022 for 1 person – £100. This does not include breakfast
Author Bio – Melanie Newdick, Hotel Expert
- Stayed in over 700 hotels during +36 travel career
- Spent +10 years actually in hotels during my lifetime
- Stayed in hotels with holiday groups (+9,500 people) + as leisure & solo traveller
- Check out my top money saving resources
1. Foyers House Hotel – Find the Best Price Online
Want to find the best price for the Foyers House Hotel super quickly? Just pop your travel dates in below and find the best price available online.
Want to find the best price in Foyers? Check out this map view below
2. Foyers House Hotel Location
Foyers House Hotel is located in Upper Foyers. It is very close to the Falls of Foyers.
3. Foyers House Hotel Address
General Wade’s Military Road
4. Foyers House Hotel Telephone Number
5. Foyers House Hotel Review
Check out my review of the Foyers House Hotel. It is based on a 1-night stay as a solo traveller staying in November 2022.
|Close to attractions||🙂|
|Accessible by public transport||😐||Not a hotel issue as lack of public transport in area|
|24 hour reception||😐||Reception from 4pm|
|Breakfast||☹||£100 for night in November and breakfast extra £12.50|
|Evening Meals||Available but didn't try them|
|Parking||🙂||Free parking on site|
|Room Service Meals||n/a|
|Tea and Coffee||🙂|
|Bed Type||🙂||Double bed|
|Shower||🙂||Didn't try out|
|Sofa/Chairs||🙂||Two seater sofa and small table|
|Heating||😐||Room was 15 degrees when arrived as no heating had been on, came on about 1 hour later|
|Noise Levels||😀||Lovely and quiet|
|Light Levels||😀||Great curtains|
|Temperature||😐||Cold on arrival and until heating warmed room up. No heating in bathroom at all|
|Bed Comfort||😀||Very comfortable bed|
|Shower Pressure||Didn't try out|
|Shower Temperature||Didn't try|
|Fixtures and Fittings||😀|
|Front Desk||🙂||Welcome from owner on arrival|
|WOULD I STAY AGAIN?||||No I wouldn't. The price was a bit expensive, especially without breakfast, plus it was cold initially. There was also a note in the room saying no food or drink to be eaten in the rooms|
6. Foyers House Hotel Video Review
Check out my video tour of Mhor – a ground-floor double bedroom with Loch Ness views.
7. Foyers House Hotel – What’s Nearby
The Falls of Foyers are very close to the hotel. They are well worth a walk down when the water is flowing quite well. During my visit, the falls were a mere trickle. The falls are reached by going through a gate opposite the shop and cafe which is next to the hotel (just at the bottom of the road to the left).
You take a series of steps down to the falls. The steps are earth and wood. They are uneven and can be quite slippery when wet. You will then have to squeeze through a gap in the rocks to reach the viewpoint which again is uneven. There are also lots of exposed tree roots. However, when the falls are in full flow it is well worth it.
There are a series of walks you can do from this spot including walking down to Lower Foyers and also a circular route back up to the starting point. There is a helpful guide to the walk by the lovely folks at Walk Highlands.
Check out the video below (not mine) which shows you the Falls.
8. Self-Drive Circular Tour of Loch Ness
Are you looking for a great tour that you can easily do in one day whilst staying on Loch Ness?
Check out my Loch Ness guide.
It’s a great way to see the whole of Loch Ness including visiting the very scenic, and in my view better, Eastern side of the Loch.
The Eastern side of Loch Ness is much less visited than the Western side, mainly because the roads are smaller. Much of the road is single-track with passing places.
The Western side of Loch Ness has the very busy A82 which connects Glasgow with Inverness. Not only is this busy with traffic it is where all the large coach groups go as they cannot access the Eastern side of Loch Ness.
The view from the Eastern side of Loch Ness is also better with a number of different viewpoints. Some of these are beside the Loch itself, some are higher up – all of them are lovely.
If you only have time to visit one side of Loch Ness then make it to the Eastern side!
9. Loch Ness Boat Trips
If you want to take a boat trip on Loch Ness check out my review of all the Loch Ness boat trips available and find the perfect one for you.
Loch Ness Boat Trips – All the options available. Find your perfect one now
Want to Stay Around Loch Ness?
Check out these holiday cottages around and within easy reach of this famous Loch
If you have found this review of Foyers House Hotel Review useful you might also like;
Inverness Hotels Guide if you want to stay in or close to the city
Check out my Scottish Highlands page for more resources
- How to Get Priority PassWondering how to get Priority Pass? It’s very easy! You simply decide which membership level. How to Get Priority Pass – Membership Levels Standard Membership £69 per year £24 for every member visit £24 for every guest visit Standard Plus Membership £229 per year 10 member visits included £24 for every additional member visit £24… Read More »How to Get Priority Pass
- Priority Pass Guest Policy UK – What You Need to KnowAre you planning on taking guests into airport lounges using your Priority Pass membership? Read on for all you need to know about the Priority Pass guest policy. Priority Pass Guest Policy – Guest Visit Cost Priority Pass allows its members to take guests into lounges using their Priority Pass Membership scheme. The fee is… Read More »Priority Pass Guest Policy UK – What You Need to Know
- Pitlochry Hydro Hotel – Video Room Review and Helpful TipsAre you thinking of visiting Pitlochry? Looking for somewhere to stay that has free parking but is within easy reach of the High Street? Looking for somewhere with a pool and spa facilities, restaurant and lift? The Pitlochry Hydro has all of those things, alongwith a bar and a pool room and a couple of… Read More »Pitlochry Hydro Hotel – Video Room Review and Helpful Tips
- Enchanted Forest – First Time Visit Review & Helpful TipsAre you planning a visit to the Enchanted Forest? The Daily Record described the Enchanted Forest as a “mesmerizing underwater voyage of discovery” After our visit, I would say that’s a very accurate description. Read on to learn everything you need to know to plan your trip in 2024. Enchanted Forest – Summary of Visit… Read More »Enchanted Forest – First Time Visit Review & Helpful Tips
- Priority Pass Benefits – Discover Them All HereThinking of a Priority Pass membership? Wondering what the Priority Pass benefits might be for you? Well, read on to find out! Priority Pass Benefits – Flexibility For me the main benefit of Priority Pass membership is flexibility. Sometimes when travelling I use an airport lounge and sometimes I don’t. With Priority Pass I don’t… Read More »Priority Pass Benefits – Discover Them All Here
- Are Priority Pass Lounges Usually Crowded?If you have ever asked ‘Are priority pass lounges usually crowded’ this article is for you. We will look at when you might be denied access to a lounge, as well as other options to consider. Are Priority Pass Lounges Usually Crowded? Are Priority Pass Lounges Usually Crowded? Do Airport Lounges Get Crowded? Every airport… Read More »Are Priority Pass Lounges Usually Crowded?
- Planning Your Own Invergordon Port Tour – Things to ConsiderThis post was inspired after meeting more guests stuck at Urquhart Castle who were unable to get on the local public transport back to the ship. They had hoped to be allowed to return on one of the ship’s excursion buses but weren’t allowed. They were panicked that they might not make it back in… Read More »Planning Your Own Invergordon Port Tour – Things to Consider
- How Does Priority Pass UK Work? All You Need to KnowPriority Pass UK is an airport lounge membership scheme that gives members reduced-price access to airport lounges via their membership. The level of membership best suited to you depends on your travel plans and needs. In this article, we will do a cost comparison for using Priority Pass at one of the most popular lounges,… Read More »How Does Priority Pass UK Work? All You Need to Know
- Dragon Pass Vs Priority Pass – Side by Side ComaprisonAre you considering what type of airport lounge pass to use? This comparison of Dragon Pass Vs Priority Pass compares both schemes side by side so you can find the right option for you. If you are unsure if an airport lounge pass membership makes sense then check out my guide which gives you the… Read More »Dragon Pass Vs Priority Pass – Side by Side Comaprison