Looking for Hotels In Riga?
Which Is the Best Area to Stay in Riga?
The best area of Riga to stay in if you want easy access to all the attractions and public transport is the old town. You can get better value deals by staying outside of the old town, and use the tram system to reach the city centre easily.
Wondering where to stay?
Check out this guide and find your perfect stay from these hotels in Riga.
Hotels in Riga – Airport Hotels
If you need to stay close to the airport then you have two choices – the Sky High Hotel or the Hampton by Hilton.
Hotels in Riga
Sky High Hotel
This hotel is the closest to the airport terminal building. Rooms are basic – more like a budget hotel. The reviews are mixed for this hotel – it scores 3.5 out of 5 on Tripadvisor. There have been some comments about noise. Most guests seem to choose this hotel because they have an early flight and it’s very convenient.
Find more information and photos, plus check rates for the Sky High Hotel on Tripadvisor
Hotels in Riga
Hampton by Hilton Riga Airport
The Hampton by Hilton is around 0.5 miles from Riga Airport, so easily walkable. The rooms are modern, well furnished and decorated and the rates are very reasonable. The reviews are great for this hotel and the bus into the city centre, the number 22, stops right outside the hotel as well.
Find more information, pictures and reviews for the Hampton by Hilton on Tripadvisor
Hotels in Riga with Parking
The Bellevue Park is set on the edge of a park in Riga. Bus number 22 which goes from and to the airport and city centre stops right outside, as do a variety of buses and several trams. It is easy and convenient to reach the city centre and old town from the hotel – it is around a 10 minute ride on the tram from the hotel to the central market.
The Bellevue Park has a range of rooms available. Standard rooms are around Â£35 per night including breakfast. There are upgrades to suites and apartments with kitchenettes. Some of the suites have fireplaces and balconies!
The hotel has free parking at the front of the hotel. Breakfast is a hot and cold buffet with fruit juices, coffee machines, and hot food including porridge, eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, and hash browns. There is also a selection of salads, yoghurts, cereals, bread, pastries and fruit. You simply help yourself.
The reception staff are friendly and helpful. There are two small shops in the hotel, a car rental desk, a massage service and a wellness area. The wellness area which has a sauna, jacuzzi and Turkish bath needs to be booked in advance. There is also a restaurant and bar.
Find more information including pictures and guest reviews of the Bellevue Park on TripAdvisor
Hotels in Riga City Centre
Radisson Blu Conference Hotel
This hotel is a tall building located within easy reach of the Freedom Monument in Riga. Rooms on the upper floors facing the old town have an amazing view over the city and the church with the golden domes located nearby.
Rooms are compact, which is understandable given the city centre location. However, they are clean and well-equipped ensuring you have everything you need. You can walk to the old town and art nouveau area very easily from this hotel. There are also bus and tram routes nearby too.
The hotel has a lovely spa, bar and restaurant. (I have stayed at this hotel with a group and we had one of the best buffets I have ever had on a tour!)
Check out more photos, information and reviews of the Radisson Blu on Tripadvisor
Hotels in Riga Old Town
The Wellton Spa Hotel is located in the old town area of Riga. The hotel has a restaurant and also a spa. Spa access is not included automatically with your hotel stay. You can book a room that includes spa access or pay to access the spa during your stay.
The location is great with the central market just a short distance away. The old town is on the doorstep as are the tram lines and bus lines to make getting around by public transport very easy.
The reviews of the Wellton Spa are good although there have been some comments about breakfast times being very busy.
Check out more photos, information and reviews of the Wellton Spa Hotel on Tripadvisor
Luxury Hotels in Riga
Grand Poet Hotel by Semarah
The Grand Poet Hotel by Semarah is a luxurious hotel located in the old town of Riga. Rooms are large, some with rolltop bathtubs and some with four poster beds. Furnishings and fittings are luxurious too.
The Grand Poet has an impressive 5 out of 5 excellent rating on Tripadvisor. There are great comments about the breakfast, with eggs cooked fresh to order. The spa also receives much praise too.
The location means it is easy to explore the old town of Riga and to travel further afield using public transport too.
Whilst prices for this hotel are higher than the others there looks like there are some deals to be found with a bit of searching and flexibility.
Find out more information including reviews and photos for the Grand Poet on Tripadvisor
Check Out More Hotels in Riga Deals on Tripadvisor
Check Out These Top Deals for Hotels in Riga
Find Great Deals on Hotels in Riga with a Map Search
You Might Also Like
If you have found my article on Hotels in Riga useful you might also like;
Riga City Break – a guide to what to do and where to stay
5 Interesting Things to Do in Riga – including how to get around using public transport
Valencia City Break – all you need to know to plan your visit to this great city
Find more trip reports and guides on my Travel Inspiration page
- Pitlochry Hydro Hotel – Video Room Review and Helpful TipsAre you thinking of visiting Pitlochry? Looking for somewhere to stay that has free parking but is within easy reach of the High Street? Looking for somewhere with a pool and spa facilities, restaurant and lift? The Pitlochry Hydro has all of those things, alongwith a bar and a pool room and a couple of… Read More »Pitlochry Hydro Hotel – Video Room Review and Helpful Tips
- Enchanted Forest – First Time Visit Review & Helpful TipsAre you planning a visit to the Enchanted Forest? The Daily Record described the Enchanted Forest as a “mesmerizing underwater voyage of discovery” After our visit, I would say that’s a very accurate description. Read on to learn everything you need to know to plan your trip in 2024. Enchanted Forest – Summary of Visit… Read More »Enchanted Forest – First Time Visit Review & Helpful Tips
- Days Inn Lockerbie Review and Helpful Tips for Your StayThinking of staying at the Days Inn Lockerbie? It’s a handy location right beside the M74. There is free parking at the front of the hotel and a lovely duck pond and green area to the rear. The hotel is right beside the service area which has a restaurant, McDonalds, breakfast takeaway and shop selling… Read More »Days Inn Lockerbie Review and Helpful Tips for Your Stay
- Cairn Hotel Bathgate Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Cairn Hotel Bathgate 1. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Address The address of the hotel is; Blackburn Road, Bathgate, EH48 2EL 2. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 01506 633366 3. Getting to the Cairn Hotel Getting to the hotel… Read More »Cairn Hotel Bathgate Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Travelodge Central Edinburgh Review And Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Travelodge Central Edinburgh 1. Travelodge Central Edinburgh Address The address of the hotel is; 33 St Marys Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1TA 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0871 984 6137 3. Getting from Waverley Station to the Hotel The easiest… Read More »Travelodge Central Edinburgh Review And Helpful Things to Know
- Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick below to quickly find the best price for your stay at the Holyrood Hotel 1. Holyrood Hotel Address The address of the Holyrood Hotel is; 81 Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh, EH8 8AU 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0131 528 8000 3. Getting from Edinburgh Waverley Station to the Holyrood Hotel… Read More »Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Lerwick Hotel 1. Lerwick Hotel Address The address of the Lerwick Hotel is; 15 South Road, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PX 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; +44 (1595) 692166 3. Getting from Sumburgh Airport to the Lerwick Hotel It is… Read More »Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Visit Shetland – A Stunning Destination Any Time of the YearPlanning to Visit Shetland? Shetland is an amazing place to visit. It is very different from the rest of Scotland. It has its own very distinct culture, language, food, landscape, and history. There is a great deal to see and enjoy when visiting. Visit Shetland 2. Where Do You Fly From to Get To Shetland? There… Read More »Visit Shetland – A Stunning Destination Any Time of the Year
- Alicante Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your TripThinking of an Alicante holiday? You should it’s a great destination that offers great value too. Alicante is a coastal and port town located on the South Coast of Spain. It is in the Costa Blanca area, which refers to the coastline and it’s a popular tourist destination. It has a population of around 350,000… Read More »Alicante Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your Trip