Are you coming to Invergordon cruise port?
Want to know how to get from Invergordon to Inverness?
Here are all the details you need to plan your trip.
Invergordon to Inverness
How Long Is It from Invergordon to Inverness?
By bus the journey from Invergordon to Inverness is 1 hour to 1.5 hours depending on the service. The X25 bus is the quickest service. By train the journey takes 1 hour. By car the journey takes around 40 minutes but it’s wise to allow some extra time for road traffic.
How Much Is a Bus From Invergordon to Inverness?
A single (one-way ticket) from Invergordon to Inverness is £7.50. A return ticket is £12.60. Tickets can be bought on the bus using cash or contactless payment.
Travelling from Invergordon to Inverness by Bus
Stagecoach runs a bus service to Inverness. Here is how to reach the bus stop;
Turn right when you come off the cruise ship and follow the green-marked walkway. Once you exit the port through the security gate you will see a pedestrian crossing. Cross straight over here.
Follow the pavement to the right and walk along keeping the road on your right-hand side. You will pass a small garden on your left-hand side and then a mural with some penguins holding balloons. You will come to The Co-operative store. Take a left here, Munro Street, and at the junction take a left (you are walking around the car park of the store). Walk down towards The Co-operative Store and you will see the bus stop just in front of the shop on the High Street.
Check the current timetables on the Stagecoach Website
The X25 service is the quickest bus service. After Alness and Evanton this bus service travels on the main road the A9.
The 25C and 25A services take a different route and have lots more calling points along the way.
The map below shows the bus stop location for the bus going to Inverness from Invergordon.
The return stop is in the High Street – the driver will advise.
You can pay using a contactless card or cash on the bus. You pay the driver when you enter the bus and ask for a single or return ticket. Remember to keep your ticket so you don’t have to pay again when you get the bus from Inverness to Invergordon.
Invergordon to Inverness Bus Times Monday to Friday
|Departure Time from Invergordon||Bus Number||Arrival Time in Inverness|
Find tips, forums, advice and great cruise deals on Cruise Critic
Invergordon to Inverness Bus Times Saturdays
|Departure Time for Invergordon||Bus Number||Arrival Time in Inverness|
Invergordon to Inverness Bus Times Sundays
|Departure Time from Invergordon||Bus Number||Arrival Time In Inverness|
Inverness to Invergordon Bus Times Monday to Friday
|Departure Time from Inverness||Bus Number||Arrival Time in Invergordon|
Inverness to Invergordon Bus Times Saturday
|Departure Time from Inverness||Bus Number||Arrival Time in Invergordon|
Inverness to Invergordon Bus Times Sundays
|Departure Time from Inverness to Invergordon||Bus Number||Arrival Time into Invergordon|
How Much is A Train from Invergordon to Inverness?
A single, one way ticket, costs £10.40. A return ticket costs £16.10. Tickets are purchased on the train. You can pay with cash, card or contactless.
Getting the Train from Invergordon Cruise Port to Inverness
The train station is located on Invergordon High Street. The location is shown on the map.
To walk to the train station turn right when leaving the ship. Follow the green pathway round to the right-hand side. Once you exit the security gates cross over the street at the pedestrian crossing.
Follow the path to the left-hand side. The road will be on your left and houses on your right. Keep walking until you come to a Cromarty Port Authority car park on your right-hand side. You need to walk down the road which runs alongside the right hand side of the car park, as you stand facing it with the road behind you. The street is called Shore Road. Keep walking and cross over Clyde Street. At the next junction, you will arrive at Invergordon High Street. Turn left and cross over into Station Road, which is the road beside St Joseph’s Catholic Church on the opposite side of the street.
When you go to the railway station you will see a display board which tells you which platform you need to be on to go to Inverness. If you need to cross to the other platform you have to walk along the station building and over the road bridge that you can see to the right when you enter the station from Invergordon High Street.
There are steps to cross over the footbridge, although you can avoid these by walking around via the road instead.
You cannot buy tickets at Invergordon station. You buy your tickets on the train. The conductor will come to your seat once you have boarded. You can pay with a contactless card, card or cash. Remember to keep your return ticket for when you come back.
There are ticket barriers at Inverness station so you may need to put your ticket in the barrier to get out of the platform area.
Invergordon to Inverness Train Times Monday to Saturday
|Departure Time from Invergordon||Arrival Time in Inverness|
Invergordon to Inverness Train Times Sundays
|Departure Time from Invergordon||Arrival Time Into Inverness|
Inverness to Invergordon Train Times Monday to Saturday
|Departure Time from Inverness||Arrival Time in Invergordon|
Inverness to Invergordon Train Times Sunday
|Departure Time from Inverness||Arrival Time into Invergordon|
Want to Book Your Train Tickets in Advance?
Book Them Via The Link Below
Travelling From Invergordon to Inverness by Taxi
Taxis can be in short supply on days when cruise ships are in. If you wish to travel by taxi then it’s advisable to book in advance wherever possible.
Ross-Shire Taxis and A9 taxis have people carrier-sized vehicles available if there are more than 3 or 4 people travelling.
You should allow around 45 minutes for getting from Invergordon to Inverness by taxi. It may take less than this but there can be lots of traffic, or tractors, or tour buses on the main road so it can be quite difficult to judge the timing.
Taxi companies are now allowed to come into the Invergordon Cruise Port terminal. That means you will need to meet the taxi company and leave the taxi outside of the port.
Follow the green pathway when you leave the ship (turn right). Once you pass through the security gates you will see a parking area on the right hand side. There may be some taxis available for hire there is you haven’t booked anything.
If you have booked your driver will advise you where to meet them.
- +44 (0)1349 614 614
- +44 1349 883355
Other Articles You Might Like
If you have found this article on how to get from Invergordon to Inverness useful you might also like;
Inverness Things to Do – activities in the city centre
Find more information and posts on my Invergordon Cruise Port page
- What Are the Best Seats on A Coach When Taking a Coach Holiday? 🚍Wondering what the best seats on a coach are if you are planning on taking a coach holiday? It’s not always the front seat. Here are my tips to help you find your best seat. Best Seats on a Coach – Coach Holiday Seating Policies The first thing to mention before we talk about the… Read More »What Are the Best Seats on A Coach When Taking a Coach Holiday? 🚍
- Coach Holidays – What is an Excursion? 🚍Heard the term coach excursion and not sure what it means? Here’s all you need to know about a coach holiday excursion and the different types available. Coach Excursion – What Does It Mean? When you book a coach holiday you will be booking a package of things. This may include the following; Coach Excursion… Read More »Coach Holidays – What is an Excursion? 🚍
- Crossing the Channel by Ferry Or Tunnel on a Coach HolidayCheck out this post if your coach holiday involves crossing the channel by ferry or by Eurotunnel and you want to know about the different ways of crossing the channel. Crossing the Channel by Ferry The ferry crossing from Dover takes 1.5 hours across the English Channel. The ferries are large with plenty of facilities… Read More »Crossing the Channel by Ferry Or Tunnel on a Coach Holiday
- Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know 🏴Click below to quickly find the best price for your stay at the Holyrood Hotel 1. Holyrood Hotel Address The address of the Holyrood Hotel is; 81 Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh, EH8 8AU 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0131 528 8000 3. Getting from Edinburgh Waverley Station to the Holyrood Hotel… Read More »Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know 🏴
- Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Lerwick Hotel 1. Lerwick Hotel Address The address of the Lerwick Hotel is; 15 South Road, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PX 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; +44 (1595) 692166 3. Getting from Sumburgh Airport to the Lerwick Hotel It is… Read More »Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know