I have been lucky enough to have used Inverness airport lounge a number of times.
It is always a great way to start a flight from Inverness and the friendly welcome always helps calm my nerves before I fly.
Inverness Airport Lounge Location
Inverness airport lounge, operated by Aspire, is located through security. It is closest to Gate Number 3 and opposite the Stag and Thistle bar.
You access the lounge through a set of double doors.
There is a small desk in the entrance where you sign into the lounge. If no one is at the desk they will not be very far away at all – usually tidying the lounge or getting some more supplies.
To access the Inverness airport lounge you will need to show your boarding pass as well as your lounge membership card. I am a member of the Priority Pass membership scheme so I use my membership to access this lounge.
I can access using my card, or my membership card stored on the Priority Pass app on my phone. I have had to increase the brightness to maximum levels for the scanner to read my electronic membership card.
Inverness Airport Lounge Facilities
- The lounge is small, the smallest I have been in. There are some tables and chairs overlooking the airport apron – where the planes park.
- There are some high back chairs and towards the rear of the lounge there are some more chairs around tables.
- In the centre is a refreshment station. The drinks include the usual selection of soft drinks, beers and wines.
- There is also a hot drinks machine at one end alongwith a select of herbal teas.
- Generally there is a selection of crisps, cakes and snacks.
- Depending on the time of day there are sandwiches and soup available, alongwith scones. Items are stored in the fridge as well.
- As with most lounges there is good wifi access with the code displayed clearly.
- There are also plenty of sockets located around the lounge
- At the entrance to the lounge are a selection of newspapers and magazines.
- A departures and arrivals board in the lounge gives information on plane arrival and boarding times.
The lounge is too small for toilet facilities to be inside the lounge itself so to use these you simply need to head back out into the main public lounge area.
If you need to go out and use the toilet you can easily access the lounge again by showing your booking information again.
Using Inverness Airport Lounge
Every time I have visited the lounge I have found the staff very friendly and helpful. As a solo traveller it is always nice to have a friendly welcome. The friendly welcome also helps calm my nerves ahead of flying.
I once mistakenly left a jacket in the lounge and they wonderfully brought it out to the plane. I sheepishly put my hand up but was glad to have it back as it was the only one I had with me.
I also took my nephew and sister into the lounge ahead of my nephew’s first flight. Accessing the lounge took his mind off his upcoming flight.
He loved the fact that the people on the luggage loading vehicle waved at him as they went by the window.
If your flight is delayed you can easily return to the lounge. It is a much nicer place to wait than the main airport building.
- The service at Inverness Airport lounge reflects my experience of living and working in the Highlands.
- It is friendly and welcoming in a genuine way. People have time to take a minute to say hello. It’s one of the things groups most commonly comment on too when I’m taking them round the Highlands.
- If you are interested in booking the lounge directly you can find more information and book direct here. You can also see reviews on the page as well.
- It also includes details of the dress code which I am pleased to say allows Christmas jumpers – a very important clarification!
- Please note that as of August 2020 the lounge is currently closed.
A really welcome addition to Inverness Airport is a spanking, shiny brand new hotel. It is a hop skip and a jump (probably not even that) from the airport building itself.
Check out my review of the Courtyard by Marriott at Inverness Airport for a 1 night stay in December 2020.
If you want to stay right beside the airport then check out the prices using the search below – it will show you which site has the cheapest price for this this hotel.
Flying from Inverness?
Use the search box below to find flights from Inverness Airport.
This search is set from Inverness to Amsterdam but you can easily amend and search for a different destination.
Flying from Inverness?
This calendar view gives you an idea of prices between Inverness and London
If you are interested in using airport lounges check out my dedicated page which will show you the cheapest way you can access a lounge and upgrade your airport experience.
If you want to compare lounge pass membership schemes check out my guide to one of the most popular schemes to see if it makes sense for you.
Want to check out Inverness Airport directly? Find the airport page here.
I have written a series of articles on the Scottish Highlands which you might find useful;
- Getting to the Highlands
- All about the Scottish Highlands
- Loch Ness Tour
- Inverness Airport Hotel Review
- Inverness Airport Lounge Review
- Inverness Hotels – Reviewed by a Local
- 16 Fun Things to Do in Inverness – By a Local
- Reelig Glen – Beautiful Walk with Fairytale Views
- Plodda Falls – Circular Drive, Circular Walk and Stunning Views
- 1 or 2 Stay Circular Drive to Gairloch – Simply Beautiful
Check out my Travel Inspiration section if you are looking for more ideas on places to visit
I’ve also got lots of resources on how to travel cheaper (and therefore travel more!)