Are you coming to the port of Invergordon?
Want to know where your cruise ship will dock and what facilities are there?
Well check out this post for all the details.
2023 Cruise Ships Coming into Port of Invergordon
The majority of the cruise ships coming to visit the port of Invergordon in 2023 are going to be moored at the service base.
You can check the 2023 Port of Cromarty Firth cruise ship schedule here.
Find cruise tips, forums and great deals all on Cruise Critic
Port of Invergordon – The Service Base
The service base is an industrial area. It is full of businesses that are connected with oil, gas, renewable energy, or support industries.
These companies carry out a variety of work such as servicing and repairing oil rigs for example.
There is no cruise ship terminal building for cruise ship passengers.
There is a tourist information point, some toilets, and a small shop within the port complex.
Coaches and transport for ship organised excursions are allowed into the port complex.
All other vehicles – such as private tour vehicles and buses can be found outside the port complex in the town.
Port of Invergordon – Where Do Cruise Passengers Go?
Depending on what you are leaving the ship for you need to go in one of two directions;
Taking A Ship Organised Shore Excursion
Turn left as you exit the ship and you will come to the area where the coaches are parked. Coaches cannot park in this area for long periods due to the number of coaches coming and going. Your excursion team will advise you when to go to the coach park. This will ensure you won’t get there before the coach.
Security and other staff will direct you to your coach. Take extra care of the moving vehicles in the area.
There is no seating in this area, other than for the coaches themselves.
Find lots of information to help you plan your cruise on Cruise Critic
Taking a Tour That is Not Organised by the Ship
Turn right as you exit the ship and follow the green marked pathway. This will take you out of the port complex. Your tour company or guide will give you instructions on where to meet them. This varies depending on whether the tour is on a coach or in a car.
(Want to know how to get to Inverness from Invergordon – find all the details for taxis, trains and buses in my Invergordon to Inverness post!)
Walking to Invergordon
Turn right as you exit the ship and follow the green marked pathway. This will take you out of the port complex. Cross over the street using the pedestrian crossing. Follow along to the right. When you reach a small gardens walk through the gardens and then through one of the alleyways between the buildings in front of you. This will bring you to Invergordon High Street. It is around 5 minutes to walk once you leave the port.
Port of Invergordon – Saltburn Pier
Saltburn Pier is operated by the Port of Cromarty Firth. It is located just outside the town of Invergordon. It is a long wooden pier.
Cruise ship passengers wishing to visit Invergordon have to take a shuttle bus which takes them down the pier and drops them beside the town. It is not possible to walk along the pier.
Cruise ship passengers taking ship organised excursions are collected by coaches parking alongside the ship.
Here are my top money saving articles to help you get saving right away
- How to Find Cheap Flights to Anywhere
- Flight Booking Hacks to Save Some Serious Money
- Find the Best Time to Book Hotels
- 6 Tried and Tested Ways to Travel Cheaper
2023 Cruise Ships Docking at Saltburn Pier
These are the ships currently due to dock at Port of Invergordon Saltburn Pier in 2023
- 10/5 Viking Venus
- 15/5 Seabourn Ovation
- 16/5 Viking Venus
- 18/5 Dumont D’Urville
- 25/5 Seabourn Ovation
- 28/5 Spirit of Adventure
- 5/6 Seabourn Ovation
- 7/6 Viking Venus
- 22/6 Sea Cloud Spirit
- 15/7 Azamara Pursuit
- 27/7 Silver Shadow
- 28/7 Azamara Journey
- 14/8 Europa
- 18/8 Viking Mars
- 3/9 Viking Jupiter
- 15/9 World Explorer
- 18/9 World Explorer
- 25/9 World Traveller
- 27/9 Viking Venus
You can check the full cruise ship schedule on the Port of Cromarty Firth website here
Author Bio – Melanie Newdick, Professional Traveller
- +36 years travelling for work. Visited +40 countries (many multiple times)
- Stayed in over 700 hotels. Taken +9,500 on coach holidays
- Check all out my best money saving resources
If you have found my article about where cruise ships dock in the port of Invergordon useful you might also like;
How to get from Invergordon to Inverness – by taxi, bus, or train
You can find lots more information on my Invergordon Cruise Port page
- Planning Your Own Invergordon Port Tour – Things to ConsiderThis post was inspired after meeting more guests stuck at Urquhart Castle who were unable to get on the local public transport back to the ship. They had hoped to be allowed to return on one of the ship’s excursion buses but weren’t allowed. They were panicked that they might not make it back in… Read More »Planning Your Own Invergordon Port Tour – Things to Consider
- Cawdor Castle Shore Excursion from Invergordon Cruise PortThinking of taking a Cawdor Castle shore excursion during your Invergordon port call? Here is all the practical information you need to decide if it’s the perfect excursion for you. Cawdor Castle Shore Excursion – Travel Times Cawdor Castle operates timed entry slots for groups. There may be more than 2 coaches from the ship… Read More »Cawdor Castle Shore Excursion from Invergordon Cruise Port
- Loch Ness Cruise Shore Excursion from Invergordon PortThinking of Taking a Loch Ness Cruise Shore Excursion from Invergordon Cruise Port? Here is all the information you need about the practicalities of this tour, so you can decide if it’s the perfect trip for you. Loch Ness Cruise Shore Excursion Generally, most Loch Ness Cruise shore excursions operate as a half-day tour from… Read More »Loch Ness Cruise Shore Excursion from Invergordon Port
- Top Tips When Taking a Shore Excursion from InvergordonAre you coming to Invergordon cruise port? Thinking of taking a shore excursion from Invergordon? Here are my top tips to have an even better day in the Highlands. Shore Excursion from Invergordon Head the Right Way at the End of the Gangplank If you are taking a ship organised excursion then you need to… Read More »Top Tips When Taking a Shore Excursion from Invergordon
- Urquhart Castle Shore Excursion from Invergordon Cruise PortInterested in taking an Urquhart Castle shore excursion from Invergordon cruise port? Want to know if it is suitable for you? Check out this guide for the practical information you need to decide if this is the right tour for you. This guide is based on visiting Urquhart Castle on a ship’s excursion. Urquhart Castle… Read More »Urquhart Castle Shore Excursion from Invergordon Cruise Port
- Details of Which Cruise Lines Visit Invergordon Cruise PortWondering which cruise lines visit Invergordon port? Invergordon receives visits from many different cruise lines. Below are highlighted some of the larger ships and cruise companies that visit. We have had other lines such as Disney visit in the past. Many of the ships that visit call into Invergordon several times during the year. The… Read More »Details of Which Cruise Lines Visit Invergordon Cruise Port
- What is a Cruise Escort and What Do They Do?Ever wondered what the role of a cruise escort is? Well here’s my guide based on doing the role several times over the course of my coach holiday career. It may be a bit different from what you think! What is a Cruise Escort? The Role A cruise escort is there to just accompany the… Read More »What is a Cruise Escort and What Do They Do?
- Invergordon Cruise Ships – Are There Any Local Benefits?This article was inspired after hearing, yet again, that there are no benefits from Invergordon cruise ships. At a recent public meeting, there was mention of all the cruise ship guests ‘getting on buses’ and disappearing out of town. Having worked with cruise ships, as a dispatcher and a tour guide, I have a little… Read More »Invergordon Cruise Ships – Are There Any Local Benefits?
- 11 Invergordon Restaurants & Takeaways (And What to Try)Are you coming to visit Invergordon? Looking for something to eat while you are here? Well here is a list of places within the town for you to try, with suggestions from me and a few locals of what to try if you need some inspiration. Daytime Options for Invergordon Restaurants and Takeaways Invergordon Restaurants… Read More »11 Invergordon Restaurants & Takeaways (And What to Try)