Are you looking for a travel power cable?
This extra-long power cable has been in my travel kit for the last 5 years or more – it really is a travel essential.
What is a travel power cable?
A travel power cable is essential when travelling. It helps you keep all your electrical devices charged. An extra long power cable ensures you can connect easily no matter where the electrical socket is.
Why Do I Recommend This Power Cable?
- It is 4.5m long so wherever the power socket is I can keep my phone nearby
- It’s a fast-charging cable
- It is a micro USB cable so I can use it for multi-devices
- The cable is flexible and strong
It’s £8 with free Prime delivery. why not get yours now?
The Best Power Cable
Everything is on our mobile phones nowadays – it’s so much more than a mobile phone.
That’s why when travelling we need to keep our mobile phones close by.
How many times have you gone into your hotel room only to find that the power socket is across the other side of the room? In the past, I have found them under desks, behind curtains, and behind cabinets. Unfortunately, not every hotel has power sockets right beside the bed.
Generally, when I am travelling I am working so I am on call. That means I need my phone close by so that if it rings I can answer it right away. If it’s on the other side of the bedroom I worry that it might not wake me up when it rings. I also worry that it might ring off before I get across the room to answer it. Worrying about the phone going off doesn’t make for a good night’s sleep.
That is why this power cable has been in my travel kit for the last 5 years or so. I know that no matter where the power socket is in my hotel room that this cable means my phone will end up close by my bed. That means I can sleep better.
Having your phone nearby also means that your alarm is close by and you don’t have to leap up to turn it off first thing. If you are thinking of relying on hotel wake-up calls when you travel – don’t! They are very unreliable. I once had a whole group miss breakfast because they didn’t get their early morning wake-up call. Now we don’t recommend that guests use them, and if they do it’s at their own risk!
Another of my travel essentials is a sleep app. This helps me get to sleep easier. It’s on my phone of course! Having my phone close by means I can drift off listening to travel tales.
Whatever apps you have on your phone, this power cable will ensure it’s close by you when you travel.
The cable is long – 4.5 metres. It is flexible and strong. I have been rolling up my cable and packing it in my case for 5 years and it is still going fine.
This power cable has a USB connector at one end and a micro USB cable at the other.
Power Cable Specification
- Length – 4.5m
- Durable cable designed to bend
- USB socket at one end
- Micro USB socket at one end
- Fast charging
Power Cable Price
This great power cable is available for £7.99 including free Prime Delivery
You Might Also Like
If you have found my flight bag information helpful you might also like;
Best Travel Ear Plugs – these, combined with a sleep mask, mean a good night’s sleep anywhere!
Best Hanging Wash Bag – a great way to save packing and unpacking time when travelling
Travel Fan – ideal to use along with these ginger sweets to help prevent travel sickness
Nervous Flyers – tips to help manage your fear of flying
Check out all my other recommended travel gear on my Travel Essentials page
- Best Compression Packing Cube Set – Saves Luggage SpaceLooking for A Compression Packing Cube Set? Why Do I Recommend This Compression Packing Cube? Currently £18.69 and free Amazon Prime delivery – why not get yours now? Compression Packing Cube Set If you want to reduce the size of the luggage you travel with then you need compression packing cubes. These cubes work exactly … Read more
- Check Out The Best Packing Cubes for Travelling 🧳Looking for Packing Cubes? I’ve got two great recommendations here. I am going to start with a recommended regular packing cube and then a compression packing cube. Why Do I Recommend This Packing Cube for Travel? Currently £17.99 and free Amazon Prime delivery – why not get yours now? The Best Packing Cube for Travel … Read more
- Book Light – Makes Reading Easy when TravellingAre you looking for a book light? This is the one that I use when travelling – it’s tiny but powerful. (This is one of my recommended travel gear items – find the rest of my Travel Essentials page) Why Do I Recommend This Book Light? Currently £10.98 on Amazon with free Amazon Prime delivery … Read more
- Travel Probiotic – A Great Way To Stay Well When TravellingAre you looking for a travel probiotic? This is the brand that I use when I travel somewhere I think this might be helpful. Why Do I Recommend This Travel Probiotic? Currently £19.99 and free Amazon Prime delivery. Why not get yours now? The Best Travel Probiotic During my travels, I have often been in places where … Read more
- Wired Earphones – Great Value and Great for TravellingAre you looking for a some wired earphones? Check out these earbud style ones which are good value with a good sound. Why Do I Recommend Wired Earphones? Currently £10.99 and free Prime delivery? Why not get yours now? The Best Wired Earphones Wired earphones are great to have when travelling. They are a backup in case … Read more
- 10 Travel Essentials You Need for a Great TripHere are my 10 travel essentials based on years of travelling with thousands of travellers all over the world. During that time I have met all sorts of travellers, travelling on all types of holidays from budget to luxury ones. No matter what the holiday has cost I have seen guests across all types of … Read more
- This Great Travel Document Holder Will Keep You OrganisedAre you looking for a great travel document holder? This one has room for multiple passports/documents, money, cards, pen holder & phone pocket! Why Do I Recommend This Travel Document Holder? Currently £8.49 with free Prime delivery ? why not get yours now? The Best Travel Document Holder Keeping travel documents and items together makes travelling less … Read more
- Great Value Earbuds – Super Light and Fab for TravellingAre you looking for some great travel earbuds? These are great value and come with a charging case. Why Do I Recommend These Earbuds? Currently £18.99 and free Prime delivery? why not get yours now? The Best Earbuds Travelling can often be quite a noisy experience. Airports, train stations, hotels, buses, cities and streets – all can … Read more
- This Great Travel Adapter Is The Only One You NeedAre you looking for a great travel adapter? This adapter not only fits multi-power sockets when travelling it also has 4 USB charging ports on it! Why Do I Recommend This Travel Adapter? Currently £15.97 and free Prime delivery? why not get yours now? The Best Travel Adapter This adapter is a multi-power socket and travel adapter … Read more