Want to know more about the Priority Pass airport lounges?
This article covers the membership benefits of the Priority Pass airport lounge membership scheme, plus some tips and questions to help you decide if it’s worth your while to join.
What Are Priority Pass Airport Lounges?
Priority Pass is a membership scheme that gives buyers access to airport lounges all over the world.
The lounges are operated by a number of different companies rather than Priority Pass itself.
Members enjoy discounted access to airport lounges through the membership scheme.
How Much Does Priority Pass Airport Lounges Cost?
There are three types of membership available in the UK;
Standard membership is £69 per year with each lounge visit for the member and guests costing an extra £24 per visit
Standard Plus Membership is £229 per year with 10 lounge visits included for the member and guests costing an extra £24 per visit
Prestige Membership is £419 a year and includes unlimited lounge visits for the member, with guests costing an extra £24 per visit
Should I Buy a Membership to Priority Pass Airport Lounges?
It’s always worth checking online to see if you can get airport lounge access deals. If you can get access for around £30 for a 3 hour visit that can sometimes be cheaper than a membership scheme.
Answer these questions to find out!
- Are you going to be using airport lounges at least 6 times a year?
Standard membership is a good option for you. 6 visits work out at £213 in total.
If using lounges less than 6 times then paying as you go is likely to be your best option. Check out LoungePass for prices.
2. Is it going to be just you using the lounges?
Priority Pass is a good option for you.
If you are going to be regularly having a guest you might want to check out Aspire membership, particularly if you will be mainly using lounges in the UK. Their membership includes a guest in the fee so it works out cheaper overall. The only issue is membership is not currently on sale but hopefully anytime soon!
What’s The Best Value Priority Pass Membership for Me?
If you are going to be using an airport lounge more than 6 times a year then Priority Pass membership is generally better value than pay-as-you-go.
The Standard Plus membership is £229 per year and it includes 10 visits – so that’s £22.90 per lounge visit, with extra visits payable at £24 each. That’s cheaper than having a meal and a drink in the airport and you have all the other benefits of the lounge to enjoy.
What Are The Benefits of an Airport Lounge?
The benefits of an airport lounge depend on whether you are travelling for business or leisure. Some benefits depend on the lounge. For example, some lounges provide full meals and some hot and cold snacks.
Here are the main benefits of using an airport lounge.
Relaxation And Comfort in an Airport Lounge
- Airport lounges are quieter
- The seating is more comfortable
- There is more choice of seating
- It’s a nicer space to be in
Food and Beverage Options in Airport Lounges
- All lounges include unlimited snacks and drinks, with some alcohol such as wines and beers included.
- Some lounges include premium drinks.
- Some lounges provide full meals.
Business Facilities in Airport Lounges
- Faster WIFI with no time limits on usage
- More charging points – generally at each seating area
- Newspapers and magazines in some lounges
- Workstations/work booths in some lounges
- Quieter environment for a more relaxing start to the flight
- Able to stay in the lounge if the flight is delayed
What Are The Benefits of Priority Pass Airport Lounges?
If you purchase a lounge membership online then you pay for the lounge and if security takes ages, or you are delayed getting to the airport or anything happens that reduces your time at the airport you may not get a chance to use the lounge.
Priority Pass gives you the flexibility to use airport lounges when it suits you. Sometimes the time at the airport means there is no point using a lounge as you go from security to the gate for example. Sometimes the airport might be busy and you can’t find a seat or anywhere quiet so you decide to use a lounge. Priority Pass means you can use a lounge without having to book.
Of course, sometimes this means you can get caught out and not be able to access a lounge because everywhere is full. This is most likely to happen when there have been lots of flight delays and all the lounges are full of delayed passengers.
You also have flexibility about what lounges you use – Priority Pass often gives access to several lounges at an airport.
Other Priority Pass Airport Lounges Benefits
Priority Pass has other membership benefits including;
- Duty-Free shopping from the app
- The ability to pre-order food and drink at airport venues with discounts for members
- Discounted airport transfers
- Discounted car rentals
Priority Pass Airport Lounges – Conclusion
- Whether it’s right to buy a membership really depends on how much you plan to use airport lounges – if it’s more than 6 times a year it’s worth looking into.
- Check out my Airport Lounge Membership Scheme Comparison which compares Dragon Pass, Priority Pass, and Aspire in more detail.
You Might Also Like;
If you have found this Priority Pass Airport Lounges article useful you might also like;
Are Airport Lounges Worth It? – A Cost Comparison
Cheap airport lounges – how to find your best deal
You can find lots more information on my Airport Lounges page
- Dragon Pass Vs Priority Pass – Side by Side ComaprisonAre you considering what type of airport lounge pass to use? This comparison of Dragon Pass Vs Priority Pass compares both schemes side by side so you can find the right option for you. If you are unsure if an airport lounge pass membership makes sense then check out my guide which gives you the … Read more
- What Is Priority Pass? It’s An Airport Lounge Membership Scheme ✈Have you ever wondered – what is Priority Pass? Priority Pass is an airport lounge membership scheme that gives its members access to a huge network of airport lounges all over the world for a discounted rate. Priority Pass also gives members other benefits such as discounts at airports and on transfer services, hire cars. … Read more
- Gatwick Priority Pass – Find Your Perfect Lounge ✈Planning on visiting Gatwick airport and want to know what your lounge options are? Check out this guide so you can choose the right lounge for you. Gatwick Priority Pass – North and South Terminals Gatwick Airport is divided into two terminals – North and South. They are connected by a regular shuttle that runs … Read more
- How Much Does Priority Pass Cost? Here’s All The Details ✈Priority Pass cost depends on the level of membership you select. The level of membership you select depends on how much you plan to use Priority Pass. Here’s a guide to the levels of membership and the costings to help you decide which level of membership is best for you. Priority Pass Cost – 3 … Read more
- What Are The Benefits of Priority Pass Airport Lounges? ✈Want to know more about the Priority Pass airport lounges? This article covers the membership benefits of the Priority Pass airport lounge membership scheme, plus some tips and questions to help you decide if it’s worth your while to join. What Are Priority Pass Airport Lounges? Priority Pass is a membership scheme that gives buyers … Read more
- Are Airport Lounges Worth It? Here’s a Cost Comparison ✈Thinking of using an airport lounge? Trying to decide if it’s worth paying for or not? Airport lounges can be cheaper than eating and drinking in the public area of the airport, but that depends on how often you plan to use lounges, whether you buy access as you go or through a membership scheme, … Read more
- Lounge Pass Vs. Priority Pass – What’s Your Best Option? ✈Lounge Pass is a pay as you scheme for accessing airport lounges. Priority Pass is a membership scheme with 3 different levels of membership. Deciding which is the best option for you depends on where you plan to travel, how you often you plan to use an airport lounge and if you will have a … Read more
- Free Priority Pass – How Do You Get It? ✈Ok so let’s be honest from the get-go – there really isn’t a way to get completely free priority pass lounge access (unless someone buys it for you). That said you can get a free priority pass lounge access as a benefit with some travel reward credit cards and there are some other ways to … Read more
- Priority Pass Lounges – All You Need to Know ✈Want to know all about Priority Pass lounges? Well here’s my guide to everything you need to know about how to access them and all the lounges you can use in the UK with your Priority Pass Membership. It’s ideal if you are thinking about Priority Pass membership but want to know more about their … Read more