The Sabiha Gokcen Airport hotel is actually an onsite hotel called the ISG Airport Hotel.
I stayed for one night in early November 2019 as I was flying out the next day from Sabiha Gocken to Baku.
I arrived on one of the transfer buses from Taksim Square which drops passengers at the upper level of the airport. I could see the hotel and thought I would walk across to it, but due to a lack of infastructure it is not possible to walk.
To reach the hotel you need to go down to the ground floor and look for the sign for the hotel shuttle bus. It is located next to the gun loading point!
There is a telephone there which you use to dial reception and they will send the bus over. The phone didn’t sound/feel like it was working, but it was.
I dialled the hotel and they answered promptly and said they would send the shuttle bus over to pick me up.
Arriving Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel
- The shuttle bus driver was very friendly and chatty which was a lovely welcome, especially after a bit of a difficult time in Istanbul and not a great hotel experience in Taksim Square.
- The check in was very easy and again very friendly.
- The driver then became the porter and showed me up to my room which was sweet.
- The hotel seemed very new when I stayed there and there were very few other customers.
My Hotel Room
- The room was very clean and tidy – not just clean and tidy but spotless.
- It had a good selection of lighting, with plenty of lights
- There was a little vanity desk area which was cute and this had lights around the mirror
- The room facilities were very good and it included a kettle and tea/coffee
- The shower was fab and it was huge
- The room had opening windows which was good because it was quite hot when I arrived due to the setting sun through the windows
- The curtains were great and were blackout so it was easy to make the room dark to sleep
- There was a small shop on the ground floor selling gifts and snacks
- On the ground floor was also a restaurant and bar where I enjoyed a nice meal because I was too tired to go back over to the airport. The service was great and the food was good too. I was the only person in the restaurant! There was a BBC new channel on in the restaurant too which was interesting to see as I had been away from home for a few days by then.
- The restaurant had an extensive menu with lots of choices. I ate a simple pasta dish which was very nice.
- There was a friendly and welcoming hotel bar.
- The restaurant looked over a small garden which was being built. This was a welcome bit of greenery which formed the central courtyard to the hotel.
- The shuttle bus service was great. I used this to head back over to the airport not long after I arrived so I could see the facilities and check our arrangements for the morning. I also picked up a few snacks to enjoy in my room later on so I could get an early night as I was very tired. It also meant you could pop over to the airport if you wanted more choices of places to eat.
- This was a great hotel experience and enabled me to regain some of my energy for continuing my trip to Baku.
- I thought the hotel offered good value for money and very friendly service.
Want to Stay at the ISG Airport Hotel?
Want to Check Hotels Near the Sabiha Gokcen Airport?
This hotel was one I stayed on while taking an Istanbul City Break.
Hotel Reviewer Series
- Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel, Istanbul
- Suitel Bosphorus Taksim, Istanbul
- Courtyard by Marriott, Inverness
- Village Hotel, Aberdeen
- Gatwick Airport Hotels, London Gatwick
- Ibis, Birmingham Airport
- Ibis Birmingham, City Centre, New Street
If you are interested in how to find the cheapest hotel deals then check out my guide to cheap hotels booking