Are you looking to stay beside Sabiha Gokcen airport?
Check out my review of the ISG Sabiha Gokcen Airport hotel – it’s a lovely hotel, with great rooms and just a short shuttle (free) ride to the airport.
The Sabiha Gokcen Airport hotel is actually an onsite hotel called the ISG Airport Hotel.
I stayed for one night in early November 2019 as I was flying out the next day from Sabiha Gokcen to Baku.
Getting to the Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel
I arrived on one of the transfer buses from Taksim Square which drops passengers at the upper level of the airport. I could see the hotel and thought I would walk across to it, but due to a lack of infrastructure it is not possible to walk.
To reach the hotel you need to go down to the ground floor and look for the sign for the hotel shuttle bus. It is located next to the gun-loading point!
There is a telephone there which you use to dial reception and they will send the bus over. The phone didn’t sound/feel like it was working, but it was.
I dialled the hotel and they answered promptly and said they would send the shuttle bus over to pick me up.
Arriving Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel
- The shuttle bus driver was very friendly and chatty which was a lovely welcome, especially after a bit of a difficult time in Istanbul and not a great hotel experience in Taksim Square.
- The check-in was very easy and again very friendly.
- The driver then became the porter and showed me up to my room which was sweet.
- The hotel seemed very new when I stayed there and there were very few other customers.
Hotel Room at the Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel
- The room was very clean and tidy – not just clean and tidy but spotless.
- It had a good selection of lighting, with plenty of lights
- There was a little vanity desk area which was cute and this had lights around the mirror
- The room facilities were very good and it included a kettle and tea/coffee
- The shower was fab and it was huge
- The room had opening windows which was good because it was quite hot when I arrived due to the setting sun through the windows
- The curtains were great and were blackout so it was easy to make the room dark to sleep
Hotel Facilities at the Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel
- There was a small shop on the ground floor selling gifts and snacks
- On the ground floor was also a restaurant and bar where I enjoyed a nice meal because I was too tired to go back over to the airport. The service was great and the food was good too. I was the only person in the restaurant! There was a BBC news channel on in the restaurant too which was interesting to see as I had been away from home for a few days by then.
- The restaurant had an extensive menu with lots of choices. I ate a simple pasta dish which was very nice.
- There was a friendly and welcoming hotel bar.
- The restaurant looked over a small garden that was being built. This was a welcome bit of greenery which formed the central courtyard of the hotel.
- The shuttle bus service was great. I used this to head back over to the airport not long after I arrived so I could see the facilities and check our arrangements for the morning. I also picked up a few snacks to enjoy in my room later on so I could get an early night as I was very tired. It also meant you could pop over to the airport if you wanted more choices of places to eat.
Summary of Stay at Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel
- This was a great hotel experience and enabled me to regain some of my energy for continuing my trip to Baku.
- I thought the hotel offered good value for money and very friendly service.
Want to Stay at the Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel?
Pop your dates in below to find the lowest prices available online.
If you have found this Sabiha Gokcen Airport hotel review handy then you might like;
My Istanbul City Break review – my first time in Istanbul as a solo female traveller.
You can find more reviews and guides on my Travel Inspiration page
- Pitlochry Hydro Hotel – Video Room Review and Helpful TipsAre you thinking of visiting Pitlochry? Looking for somewhere to stay that has free parking but is within easy reach of the High Street? Looking for somewhere with a pool and spa facilities, restaurant and lift? The Pitlochry Hydro has all of those things, alongwith a bar and a pool room and a couple of… Read More »Pitlochry Hydro Hotel – Video Room Review and Helpful Tips
- Enchanted Forest – First Time Visit Review & Helpful TipsAre you planning a visit to the Enchanted Forest? The Daily Record described the Enchanted Forest as a “mesmerizing underwater voyage of discovery” After our visit, I would say that’s a very accurate description. Read on to learn everything you need to know to plan your trip in 2024. Enchanted Forest – Summary of Visit… Read More »Enchanted Forest – First Time Visit Review & Helpful Tips
- Days Inn Lockerbie Review and Helpful Tips for Your StayThinking of staying at the Days Inn Lockerbie? It’s a handy location right beside the M74. There is free parking at the front of the hotel and a lovely duck pond and green area to the rear. The hotel is right beside the service area which has a restaurant, McDonalds, breakfast takeaway and shop selling… Read More »Days Inn Lockerbie Review and Helpful Tips for Your Stay
- Cairn Hotel Bathgate Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Cairn Hotel Bathgate 1. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Address The address of the hotel is; Blackburn Road, Bathgate, EH48 2EL 2. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 01506 633366 3. Getting to the Cairn Hotel Getting to the hotel… Read More »Cairn Hotel Bathgate Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Travelodge Central Edinburgh Review And Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Travelodge Central Edinburgh 1. Travelodge Central Edinburgh Address The address of the hotel is; 33 St Marys Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1TA 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0871 984 6137 3. Getting from Waverley Station to the Hotel The easiest… Read More »Travelodge Central Edinburgh Review And Helpful Things to Know
- Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick below to quickly find the best price for your stay at the Holyrood Hotel 1. Holyrood Hotel Address The address of the Holyrood Hotel is; 81 Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh, EH8 8AU 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0131 528 8000 3. Getting from Edinburgh Waverley Station to the Holyrood Hotel… Read More »Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Lerwick Hotel 1. Lerwick Hotel Address The address of the Lerwick Hotel is; 15 South Road, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PX 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; +44 (1595) 692166 3. Getting from Sumburgh Airport to the Lerwick Hotel It is… Read More »Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Visit Shetland – A Stunning Destination Any Time of the YearPlanning to Visit Shetland? Shetland is an amazing place to visit. It is very different from the rest of Scotland. It has its own very distinct culture, language, food, landscape, and history. There is a great deal to see and enjoy when visiting. Visit Shetland 2. Where Do You Fly From to Get To Shetland? There… Read More »Visit Shetland – A Stunning Destination Any Time of the Year
- Alicante Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your TripThinking of an Alicante holiday? You should it’s a great destination that offers great value too. Alicante is a coastal and port town located on the South Coast of Spain. It is in the Costa Blanca area, which refers to the coastline and it’s a popular tourist destination. It has a population of around 350,000… Read More »Alicante Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your Trip