Looking for silicone ear plugs?
Check out these ones which fit over your ear rather than going in your ear.
Why Do I Recommend These Silicone Ear Plugs?
- They fit over the entrance to the ear- not in the ear so they are more comfortable
- No risk of damage to the ear canal
- No risk of pushing wax down into the ear
- They don’t fall out during the night
7 pairs of silicone ear plugs for under £4 including free delivery – get yours now!
Are Silicone Ear Plugs the Best?
These silicone earplugs are the best in my experience. They go over the outer ear rather than in the ear. This means they don’t push any ear wax down into the ear. There is less risk of them damaging the ear canal. There is no feeling of anything in your ear so they are more comfortable, especially for sleeping.
As a Tour Manager I have come to appreciate and need my sleep much more over the years as I grow a bit older. Gone are the days when I could party all night, nip back for a shower and then go out on tour for the day!
Now one of my travel essentials are silicone earplugs because hotels can be surprisingly noisy places.
Noise can be caused by other guests, many of whom seem incapable of shutting a door quietly or insist on having loud conversations in the corridor. Noise can also be caused by nearby buildings, streets, function rooms and much more besides.
Tour Managers and drivers are often allocated rooms that hotels wouldn’t normally give to guests. These can be staff rooms, small rooms, noisy rooms, rooms located next to the kitchens, laundry etc. Whilst I understand this rationale I still find it infuriating when I am trying to get to sleep at night and can’t because of noise and disturbance.
Over the years I have moved rooms many times because of noise and I always request a quiet room whether travelling on my own or whether travelling for work.
Having a good night’s sleep is generally good whether you are travelling for work or leisure. In a hotel guest complaints survey noise was the 2nd most complained about problem experienced in hotels.
Can You Sleep with Silicone Ear Plugs?
With these silicone ear plugs you can sleep easily. They don’t fall out of the ear as they go over the entrance to the ear rather than in the ear.
Travel Earplugs I Have Tried!
Which is Better Foam or Silicone Ear Plugs?
In my experience, and I have tried lots of earplugs, silicone is better. Foam ear plugs put pressure on the ear canal which can feel uncomfortable. They also often fall out during the night. Depending on the size of your ear canal they can be difficult to get in position. My recommended silicone ear plugs actually cover the entrance to the ear.
I have tried all sorts of travel earplugs during my time travelling. I used the foam ones that you squish down and they pop out in your ear but these often fell out in the night. This meant my first job in the morning was to get up and search the bed for them, or just buy lots of them because I knew they would disappear.
I have also tried the Bluetooth headband which is very comfortable and great for listening to a meditation app but not ideal for all night use.
Finally, after much experimentation someone, who is a member of a gun club which requires ear plugs, suggested the ones that you squish into your ear. After a bit of searching I found them at an airport shop and tried them out whilst away on a training course.
They were amazing. In fact they were so good I was worried I wouldn’t wake up at all!
The earplugs for sleeping I have are silicone and rather than going into the ear canal, which I was never keen on because I suffer from vertigo, they squish over the opening of the ear.
They give a much better result and block out much more noise.
The only issue with them is if you have longer hair. Sometimes it gets stuck in the gel and you have to pull it out of the gel in the morning. Other than that they are great and I know take them with me wherever I travel.
They really are an essential bit of travel gear for me.
I am sharing the earplugs for sleeping that I have got, use and travel with – silicone gel ear plugs.
Let me know how you get on with them if you try them out or if you have any other earplugs that you would recommend.
How Long Can You Use Silicone Ear Plugs For?
Generally anywhere between 10 and 20 uses. The main issue is that they can get hair caught in them which is tricky to remove. However, if you don’t have this issue you can keep on using them forever!
Silicone Ear Plugs – Specification
- 7 pairs of ear plugs
- 14 ear plugs in total
- Made from silicone
Silicone Ear Plugs – Price
7 pairs of silicone ear plugs for under £4 including free delivery – get yours now!
Silicone Ear Plugs Pros and Cons
- These earplugs fit over the entrance to your ear reducing risk of ear damage
- They won’t push wax further down into your ear
- They are ideal if you suffer from vertigo type illnesses as they don’t go in the ear
- They don’t fall out during the night
- They are more comfortable than earplugs that go inside your ear
- They can catch your hair which can sometimes be a bit painful when you are trying to take them off
If you have found my silicone earplugs article useful then you might also like;
Travel Sleep Mask – ensures you can sleep and nap well anywhere
Hanging Wash Bag – don’t worry about packing or unpacking toiletries just hang up and go
You can find more of my recommended travel gear on my Travel Essentials page
- Best Compression Packing Cube Set – Saves Luggage SpaceLooking for A Compression Packing Cube Set? Why Do I Recommend This Compression Packing Cube? Currently £18.69 and free Amazon Prime delivery – why not get yours now? Compression Packing Cube Set If you want to reduce the size of the luggage you travel with then you need compression packing cubes. These cubes work exactly… Read More »Best Compression Packing Cube Set – Saves Luggage Space
- Check Out The Best Packing Cubes for Travel 🧳Looking for Packing Cubes? I’ve got two great recommendations here. I am going to start with a recommended regular packing cube and then a compression packing cube. Why Do I Recommend This Packing Cube for Travel? Currently £17.99 and free Amazon Prime delivery – why not get yours now? The Best Packing Cube for Travel… Read More »Check Out The Best Packing Cubes for Travel 🧳
- Book Light – Makes Reading Easy when TravellingAre you looking for a book light? This is the one that I use when travelling – it’s tiny but powerful. (This is one of my recommended travel gear items – find the rest of my Travel Essentials page) Why Do I Recommend This Book Light? Currently £10.98 on Amazon with free Amazon Prime delivery… Read More »Book Light – Makes Reading Easy when Travelling
- Easyjet Cabin Bag – Check Out This Great Underseat CaseAre you looking for a great Easyjet cabin bag? This is my favourite case for travelling on Easyjet as it means no luggage fees! (This is one of my recommended travel gear items – find the rest on my Travel Essentials page) Why Do I Recommend This Easyjet Cabin Bag? Currently £49.99 and £3.99 UK… Read More »Easyjet Cabin Bag – Check Out This Great Underseat Case
- Travel Probiotic – A Great Way To Stay Well When TravellingAre you looking for a travel probiotic? This is the brand that I use when I travel somewhere I think this might be helpful. Why Do I Recommend This Travel Probiotic? Currently £19.99 and free Amazon Prime delivery. Why not get yours now? The Best Travel Probiotic During my travels, I have often been in places where… Read More »Travel Probiotic – A Great Way To Stay Well When Travelling
- Wired Earphones – Great Value and Great for TravellingAre you looking for a some wired earphones? Check out these earbud style ones which are good value with a good sound. Why Do I Recommend Wired Earphones? Currently £10.99 and free Prime delivery? Why not get yours now? The Best Wired Earphones Wired earphones are great to have when travelling. They are a backup in case… Read More »Wired Earphones – Great Value and Great for Travelling
- 10 Travel Essentials You Need for a Great TripHere are my 10 travel essentials based on years of travelling with thousands of travellers all over the world. During that time I have met all sorts of travellers, travelling on all types of holidays from budget to luxury ones. No matter what the holiday has cost I have seen guests across all types of… Read More »10 Travel Essentials You Need for a Great Trip
- This Great Travel Document Holder Will Keep You OrganisedAre you looking for a great travel document holder? This one has room for multiple passports/documents, money, cards, pen holder & phone pocket! Why Do I Recommend This Travel Document Holder? Currently £8.49 with free Prime delivery ? why not get yours now? The Best Travel Document Holder Keeping travel documents and items together makes travelling less… Read More »This Great Travel Document Holder Will Keep You Organised
- Great Value Earbuds – Super Light and Fab for TravellingAre you looking for some great travel earbuds? These are great value and come with a charging case. Why Do I Recommend These Earbuds? Currently £18.99 and free Prime delivery? why not get yours now? The Best Earbuds Travelling can often be quite a noisy experience. Airports, train stations, hotels, buses, cities and streets – all can… Read More »Great Value Earbuds – Super Light and Fab for Travelling
- This Great Travel Adapter Is The Only One You NeedAre you looking for a great travel adapter? This adapter not only fits multi-power sockets when travelling it also has 4 USB charging ports on it! Why Do I Recommend This Travel Adapter? Currently £15.97 and free Prime delivery? why not get yours now? The Best Travel Adapter This adapter is a multi-power socket and travel adapter… Read More »This Great Travel Adapter Is The Only One You Need
- Ginger Tablets – Really Great for Preventing Travel SicknessAre you looking for ginger tablets? I have tried all sorts and these are the best ones I’ve found which is why I recommend them! Why Do I Recommend These Ginger Tablets? Currently £4.75 and free Prime delivery? why not get yours now? The Best Ginger Tablets If, like me, you suffer from travel or motion sickness,… Read More »Ginger Tablets – Really Great for Preventing Travel Sickness
- Extra Long Power Cable – A Really Essential Travel ItemAre you looking for a travel power cable? This extra-long power cable has been in my travel kit for the last 5 years or more – it really is a travel essential. Why Do I Recommend This Power Cable? It’s £8 with free Prime delivery. why not get yours now? The Best Power Cable Everything is on… Read More »Extra Long Power Cable – A Really Essential Travel Item
- Flight Bag – A Great Way To Keep Your Belongings Close ByAre you looking for a great flight bag? This flight bag has been with me for over 10 years, used heavily and still going strong. Why Do I Recommend This Flight Bag? It’s £19.50 plus £3.50 delivery – why not get yours now? The Best Flight Bag If, like me, you are a nervous flyer then… Read More »Flight Bag – A Great Way To Keep Your Belongings Close By
- Ginger Sweets – Simple and Effective Relief for Travel SicknessLooking for some effective ginger sweets? These sweets are the best I have found – effective without being overpowering. Some of the ones I tried were so strong they actually made me feel sick! They are ideal for managing low-level travel sickness symptoms with no side effects. (If you are looking for something stronger check… Read More »Ginger Sweets – Simple and Effective Relief for Travel Sickness
- Travel Fan – Keep Cool With This Really Tiny Powerful FanLooking for a powerful compact travel fan? This rechargeable travel fan is always in my bag no matter where I am travelling Why Do I Recommend This Travel Fan? It’s just £8 – why not get your travel fan now? The Best Travel Fan If you suffer from travel sickness as I do then you know… Read More »Travel Fan – Keep Cool With This Really Tiny Powerful Fan
- An Amazing Sleep Mask – Fantastic for TravellingLooking for a great sleep mask that is ideal for travelling? Check out this great mask – it’s great for sleeping at night time and napping. I don’t travel without it! Why Do I Recommend This Sleep Mask? It’s just £5 including free delivery – why not get your sleep mask now? Why Is a… Read More »An Amazing Sleep Mask – Fantastic for Travelling
- The Best Hanging Wash Bag – Ideal for Frequent TravellersLooking for a hanging wash bag? This one is great, it’s durable and great value too. Why Do I Recommend This Hanging Wash Bag? Available for £9 including delivery – get your hanging wash bag now Why Do I Like a Hanging Wash Bag? They are super handy when travelling. Read on for why it’s… Read More »The Best Hanging Wash Bag – Ideal for Frequent Travellers
- Priority Pass Membership – All You Need to Know About AccessAre you interested in Priority Pass lounge membership? Want to know more about the features and to see if it is right for you? Great then check out this detailed review of membership below, but first, let’s start with an important question! 1. What is Priority Pass Membership? Priority Pass in an airport lounge membership… Read More »Priority Pass Membership – All You Need to Know About Access
- Sleep App – Great for Travelling and Fab for TravellersDo you find it difficult to fall asleep? Does your mind have difficulty shutting down? Well then check out this review of my favourite sleep app which is ideal for travellers! 1. Sleep App for Travelling – Calm Sleep App The Calm Sleep App is like a bedtime story app for adults. It’s a paid… Read More »Sleep App – Great for Travelling and Fab for Travellers
- Airport Lounge Membership Comparison: Which is Best Value for You?Are you a regular user of lounges and looking for an airport lounge membership comparison to find you best option? Great! That’s exactly what you will find right here. Airport Lounge Membership Comparison – Membership Schemes Airport lounge membership schemes can be a great value way to access airport lounges. Which airport lounge membership scheme… Read More »Airport Lounge Membership Comparison: Which is Best Value for You?
- 45x36x20 Cabin Bag – Amazing Little Case Free on EasyjetLooking for a 45x35x20 cabin bag? Check out these great case which fits perfectly under the seat infront on Easyjet? Why Do I Recommend This 45x36x20 Cabin Bag? Prices are from £31 to £38 including free UK delivery – why not buy yours now? (Just in case you didn’t know Easyjet have changed all their… Read More »45x36x20 Cabin Bag – Amazing Little Case Free on Easyjet
- Airport Lounge Pass Membership Schemes – Good Value?Are you considering an airport lounge pass? Not sure whether it is good value? Don’t worry! This article will help you decide if airport lounge membership is right for you.
- Silicone Ear Plugs – A Travel Essential for Great SleepLooking for silicone ear plugs? Check out these ones which fit over your ear rather than going in your ear. Why Do I Recommend These Silicone Ear Plugs? 7 pairs of silicone ear plugs for under £4 including free delivery – get yours now! As a Tour Manager I have come to appreciate and need… Read More »Silicone Ear Plugs – A Travel Essential for Great Sleep
- Cheap Airport Lounges: How to Easily Find Your Best DealWant to find cheap airport lounges? Just answer the 4 questions in the quiz below and find the cheapest way for you to access an airport lounge. 1. Cheap Airport Lounges – Which is the Best Option? Below you will find a guide to how to access cheap airport lounges based on your visit and… Read More »Cheap Airport Lounges: How to Easily Find Your Best Deal