Are you looking for a travel probiotic?
This is the brand that I use when I travel somewhere I think this might be helpful.
Should you take a probiotic when travelling?
A probiotic can be a great idea if you are travelling somewhere with a very different food culture. This could be different types of food, cooking or storage/preserving methods. A probiotic can make it easier for your digestion to cope with the change.
Why Do I Recommend This Travel Probiotic?
- They are good value
- They are made in the UK
Currently £19.99 and free Amazon Prime delivery. Why not get yours now?
The Best Travel Probiotic
During my travels, I have often been in places where food hygiene is a little different. In the early days of travelling to China, I remember taking a cruise on the Li River. I watched the cruise boat in front of ours wash all the crockery and cutlery in the river water. We were on an identical boat!
Before the days of HEPA filters on planes, I used to take high dose of Vitamin C tablets to help ward off any bugs or germs. I used to do this when flying long-haul. Sitting in a metal tube with lots of other people was a surefire way to pick up something.
Later probiotics came along and it’s something I’ve taken often. I generally take them if I am going somewhere where food hygiene might be a bit different to home.
Travelling for work means there is pressure not to be ill. That’s especially the case when you are the Tour Manager and responsible for the group.
Illness when travelling can be so difficult to deal with. Not only are you missing out on your travel plans, but you are in an unfamiliar place too. If you do need to see a pharmacist or doctor there are different rules and procedures to deal with.
Over my 36 years of travelling with groups, I have had people be ill all over the place. On a tour of China, one guest found the food so oily and greasy that she was sick throughout the whole trip.
On a river cruise through Russia with 135 people, 40 of them got norovirus which made it a pretty grim trip. Guests were sick all over the place.
I often have guests miss a day or two on tour because of some sort of upset stomach. That’s frustrating for them when they have travelled so far and made plans.
Taking a travel probiotic makes me feel like I have some added resilience.
Optibac is a UK company and they have a range of probiotics available. They are all vegan.
These probiotic capsules don’t need any refrigeration which is handy when travelling.
I start taking these probiotics at least a week or so before departure. This gives my body a chance to build up a bit of resistance before heading off.
To clarify I don’t take these probiotics every time I travel. I only take them when I am going somewhere I feel they might be helpful.
Travel Probiotic Specification
- 90 tablets
- Made in the UK
- 20 billion live cultures
- Doesn’t need refrigeration
Travel Probiotic ? Price
Currently £19.99 with free Amazon Prime delivery. Why not get yours now?
You Might Also Like
If you have found this travel probiotic article helpful you might also like;
Best Travel Ear Plugs – these, combined with a sleep mask, mean a good night’s sleep anywhere!
Best Travel Earbuds – great value and great sound with these Bluetooth noise-cancelling earbuds
Sleep Mask – this mask will ensure a great night’s sleep or nap anywhere
Power Cable – a 4.5m long power cable, ideal for travelling
Best Hanging Wash Bag – a great way to save packing and unpacking time when travelling
Travel Fan – ideal to use along with these ginger sweets to help prevent travel sickness
Travel Adapter – adapts to any power socket in the world and has 4 USB sockets too!
Check out all my other recommended travel gear on my Travel Essentials page
- Best Compression Packing Cube Set – Saves Luggage SpaceLooking for A Compression Packing Cube Set? Why Do I Recommend This Compression Packing Cube? Currently £18.69 and free Amazon Prime delivery – why not get yours now? Compression Packing Cube Set If you want to reduce the size of the luggage you travel with then you need compression packing cubes. These cubes work exactly… Read More »Best Compression Packing Cube Set – Saves Luggage Space
- Check Out The Best Packing Cubes for Travel 🧳Looking for Packing Cubes? I’ve got two great recommendations here. I am going to start with a recommended regular packing cube and then a compression packing cube. Why Do I Recommend This Packing Cube for Travel? Currently £17.99 and free Amazon Prime delivery – why not get yours now? The Best Packing Cube for Travel… Read More »Check Out The Best Packing Cubes for Travel 🧳
- Book Light – Makes Reading Easy when TravellingAre you looking for a book light? This is the one that I use when travelling – it’s tiny but powerful. (This is one of my recommended travel gear items – find the rest of my Travel Essentials page) Why Do I Recommend This Book Light? Currently £10.98 on Amazon with free Amazon Prime delivery… Read More »Book Light – Makes Reading Easy when Travelling
- Easyjet Cabin Bag – Check Out This Great Underseat CaseAre you looking for a great Easyjet cabin bag? This is my favourite case for travelling on Easyjet as it means no luggage fees! (This is one of my recommended travel gear items – find the rest on my Travel Essentials page) Why Do I Recommend This Easyjet Cabin Bag? Currently £49.99 and £3.99 UK… Read More »Easyjet Cabin Bag – Check Out This Great Underseat Case
- Travel Probiotic – A Great Way To Stay Well When TravellingAre you looking for a travel probiotic? This is the brand that I use when I travel somewhere I think this might be helpful. Why Do I Recommend This Travel Probiotic? Currently £19.99 and free Amazon Prime delivery. Why not get yours now? The Best Travel Probiotic During my travels, I have often been in places where… Read More »Travel Probiotic – A Great Way To Stay Well When Travelling
- Wired Earphones – Great Value and Great for TravellingAre you looking for a some wired earphones? Check out these earbud style ones which are good value with a good sound. Why Do I Recommend Wired Earphones? Currently £10.99 and free Prime delivery? Why not get yours now? The Best Wired Earphones Wired earphones are great to have when travelling. They are a backup in case… Read More »Wired Earphones – Great Value and Great for Travelling
- 10 Travel Essentials You Need for a Great TripHere are my 10 travel essentials based on years of travelling with thousands of travellers all over the world. During that time I have met all sorts of travellers, travelling on all types of holidays from budget to luxury ones. No matter what the holiday has cost I have seen guests across all types of… Read More »10 Travel Essentials You Need for a Great Trip
- This Great Travel Document Holder Will Keep You OrganisedAre you looking for a great travel document holder? This one has room for multiple passports/documents, money, cards, pen holder & phone pocket! Why Do I Recommend This Travel Document Holder? Currently £8.49 with free Prime delivery ? why not get yours now? The Best Travel Document Holder Keeping travel documents and items together makes travelling less… Read More »This Great Travel Document Holder Will Keep You Organised
- Great Value Earbuds – Super Light and Fab for TravellingAre you looking for some great travel earbuds? These are great value and come with a charging case. Why Do I Recommend These Earbuds? Currently £18.99 and free Prime delivery? why not get yours now? The Best Earbuds Travelling can often be quite a noisy experience. Airports, train stations, hotels, buses, cities and streets – all can… Read More »Great Value Earbuds – Super Light and Fab for Travelling