I stayed at the Vidamar Resort Algarve with a holiday group that I was taking on a trip through Portugal. I was the group Tour Manager and this was the first time I had stayed at the VidaMar Resort hotel
We flew into Faro airport and transferred to the VidaMar resort for a stay of 4 nights.
From the hotel we did excursions to the East to visit Tavira, Olhao and the Spanish border area. We also visted Sagres and Lagos to the West. There was also an excursion to Albufeira and to Loule.
Arrival at the VidaMar Resort Algarve
The hotel did provide a welcome drink to keep everyone happy while the check in process was done but it was quite a long check in compared to some other hotels.
Rooms at the VidaMar Resort Algarve
All the guests loved their rooms and I loved mine too.
- The rooms were spacious, extremely clean, quiet and comfortable.
- All the rooms had free WIFI.
- The bathrooms were large and spacious with fluffy towelling robes and slippers.
- There were tea and coffee facilities which is not always the case in European hotels so this was much appreciated.
- The rooms were furnished in a nice modern style.
- There are different levels of rooms available – Prestige, Premium and Superior
Facilities at the VidaMar Resort Algarve
- The facilities were great the hotel, it was a resort rather than a hotel.
- Many of the guests, as well as me, wished we could have had a day just to enjoy the hotel and the area but due to a busy programme that didn’t happen. (That being said most of the group did miss an excursion to a local market so they could stay at the hotel for the day!)
- The main restaurant was a buffet which had different cooking stations with different cuisines. These changed so it wasn’t the same each night. The meals were very nice and it was great that the group were able to dine individually rather than together as is required on some coach holidays.
- The Vidamar also has a selection of bars – one by the pool, one in the lobby, a Tiki bar outside, a coffee shop and the Lisboa bar. It was in the lobby bar that I was introduced to Beirao – the national drink of Portugal. It’s a lovely liqueur that is hard to describe but delicious served with ice (con glas!)
- Due to our busy schedule I didn’t make it outside to the pool area or across the boardwalk to the lovely sandy beach – the joys of being a busy Tour Manager!
- The Vidamar also has lovely wellness facilities. It would make a lovely spot to spend a relaxing few days with everything in one place and no need to go very far!
Rated 4 out of 5 Very Good by 1537 Reviews
- 4.5 out of 5 for Location
- 4.5 out of 5 for Cleanliness
- 4 out of 5 for Service
- 4 out of 5 for Price
Check out the Vidamar Resort Tripadvisor reviews
Professional Traveller Summary of Vidamar Resort Algarve
- This is a great resort type hotel with everything on site making it easy just to dine around, lounge around and relax
- Rooms are clean and spacious, with lovely bathroom facilities
- The hotel is set in a lovely green area, giving it a natural feel
- There is access via a boardwalk to a lovely sandy beach
Great for a long weekend of relaxing with dining options in the hotel, plus beauty, fitness and walks on site
Looking for other Algarve Holiday Ideas?
If you want to stay in Albufeira check out my review of the Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira which is right on the beach
Travel Inspiration Series
This is a series of articles if you are looking for some travel inspiration or trip reviews. Other articles include;
- Istanbul City Break – With Things to Do and How to Get Around
- Birmingham City Break – Review including UK’s Oldest Cinema, Coffin Museum & Chinese Food
- Grasmere, Lake District Guide – including things to do and places to visit
- Newton Stewart – Guide including things to do, trips out and super cute cottage beside river
- Azores Holidays – everything you need to know about these undiscovered rural gems
Hotel Reviewer Articles
- Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel, Istanbul – A great hotel beside the airport terminal
- Suitel Bosphorus Taksim, Istanbul – A somewhat different hotel stay in Istanbul
- Courtyard by Marriott, Inverness – The new Inverness Airport hotel
- Village Hotel, Aberdeen – Resort hotel located on a business park
- Gatwick Airport Hotels, London Gatwick – Reviews of several Gatwick hotels
- Ibis, Birmingham Airport – Great budget hotel very close to the airport terminal
- Ibis Birmingham – Good city centre hotel beside the Chinese Quarter
- Vidamar Resort, Algarve – Resort hotel with dine around meals
- Hotel Sol E Mar, Albufeira – Hotel right on the beach at Albufeira
- Vilamoura Holidays – Reviews of the two lovely Vilamoura Hotels in the Algarve
If you are interested in how to find the cheapest hotel deals then check out my guide to cheap hotels booking