Are you looking for a great resort styled hotel with everything in one place?
Then check out my review of a 3 night stay at the Vidamar Resort Algarve.
It’s a lovely hotel, with great rooms, plus spa facilities, beach access and a choice of restaurants.
I stayed at the Vidamar Resort Algarve with a holiday group that I was taking on a trip through Portugal. I was the group Tour Manager and this was the first time I had stayed at the VidaMar Resort hotel
We flew into Faro airport and transferred to the VidaMar resort for a stay of 4 nights.
From the hotel we did excursions to the East to visit Tavira, Olhao and the Spanish border area. We also visted Sagres and Lagos to the West. There was also an excursion to Albufeira and to Loule.
Arrival at the VidaMar Resort Algarve
The hotel did provide a welcome drink to keep everyone happy while the check in process was done but it was quite a long check in compared to some other hotels.
Rooms at the VidaMar Resort Algarve
All the guests loved their rooms and I loved mine too.
- The rooms were spacious, extremely clean, quiet and comfortable.
- All the rooms had free WIFI.
- The bathrooms were large and spacious with fluffy towelling robes and slippers.
- There were tea and coffee facilities which is not always the case in European hotels so this was much appreciated.
- The rooms were furnished in a nice modern style.
- There are different levels of rooms available – Prestige, Premium and Superior
Facilities at the VidaMar Resort Algarve
- The facilities were great the hotel, it was a resort rather than a hotel.
- Many of the guests, as well as me, wished we could have had a day just to enjoy the hotel and the area but due to a busy programme that didn’t happen. (That being said most of the group did miss an excursion to a local market so they could stay at the hotel for the day!)
- The main restaurant was a buffet which had different cooking stations with different cuisines. These changed so it wasn’t the same each night. The meals were very nice and it was great that the group were able to dine individually rather than together as is required on some coach holidays.
- The Vidamar also has a selection of bars – one by the pool, one in the lobby, a Tiki bar outside, a coffee shop and the Lisboa bar. It was in the lobby bar that I was introduced to Beirao – the national drink of Portugal. It’s a lovely liqueur that is hard to describe but delicious served with ice (con glas!)
- Due to our busy schedule I didn’t make it outside to the pool area or across the boardwalk to the lovely sandy beach – the joys of being a busy Tour Manager!
- The Vidamar also has lovely wellness facilities. It would make a lovely spot to spend a relaxing few days with everything in one place and no need to go very far!
Rated 4 out of 5 Very Good by 1537 Reviews
- 4.5 out of 5 for Location
- 4.5 out of 5 for Cleanliness
- 4 out of 5 for Service
- 4 out of 5 for Price
Check out the Vidamar Resort Tripadvisor reviews
Professional Traveller Summary of Vidamar Resort Algarve
- This is a great resort type hotel with everything on site making it easy just to dine around, lounge around and relax
- Rooms are clean and spacious, with lovely bathroom facilities
- The hotel is set in a lovely green area, giving it a natural feel
- There is access via a boardwalk to a lovely sandy beach
Great for a long weekend of relaxing with dining options in the hotel, plus beauty, fitness and walks on site
Looking for other Algarve Holiday Ideas?
If you want to stay in Albufeira check out my review of the Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira which is right on the beach
Other Articles You Might Like;
- Hilton Aberdeen Teca – Airport and City Hotel
- Lonsdale House Bowness – A Quirky, Fun & Great Stay
- Fabulous Forres Self Catering Holiday Cottage
- Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira – Fab Hotel With Amazing Location
- Vidamar Resort Algarve – Fantastic Resort Hotel in Fab Location
- Vilamoura Holiday – 2 Great Hotels & Things To D
- Village Hotel, Solihull – 3 Night Stay Review Including Video
- Ibis Birmingham New Street – What It’s Like & What’s Nearby
- Ibis Birmingham Airport – Budget Hotel Review
- Sofitel London Gatwick – Great Hotel for Layovers & Overnights
- Courtyard by Marriott Inverness – Great Hotel Next to the Airport
- Suitel Bosphorus Taksim – 3 Night Stay Review Solo Female Stay
- Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel – Fab Airport Hotel With Restaurant
- Loch Ness Tour – Fab Views, Cute Cafes & A Great Drive
- Australia Tours – 4 Top Tours Compared Side by Side
- Inverness Airport Hotel – Great Location & Runway Views
- Azores Island Hopping
- Azores Holidays – A Great Hidden But Accessible Gem
- Birmingham Break with Vintage Cinema & Coffin Museum – Bostin!
- Village Hotel Aberdeen – Resort Hotel in Aberdeen Outskirts
- Grasmere Lake District – A Little Gem With Lots to Enjoy
- Istanbul City Break – What It Was Like As Solo Female (Challenging!)
- Cheap Hotels Near Gatwick – Real Reviews of 5 Gatwick Hotels
- Inverness Airport Lounge – One of the Best & Super Friendly
Melanie uses her coach holiday expertise to help people find their perfect coach holiday.
Her years of travel experience means she can help people travel smarter with professional travel tips.
Having spent over 10 years in hotels Melanie is an expert guest and is now using her experience as a hotel consultant – helping hotels improve their group stay experience, and holiday companies to have even happier travellers.
As a newbie to solo travel Melanie is also sharing trip reports to help other female travellers experience this amazing way to seeing the world.