Wondering which cruise lines visit Invergordon port?
Invergordon receives visits from many different cruise lines. Below are highlighted some of the larger ships and cruise companies that visit. We have had other lines such as Disney visit in the past.
Many of the ships that visit call into Invergordon several times during the year.
The itineraries of each cruise ship vary greatly. Often when cruise ships are visiting Invergordon they are heading from Edinburgh to Orkney, Shetland or round to Glasgow or vice versa depending on the direction of travel.
In 2023 the first cruise ship to visit Invergordon arrived on the 1st of April and the last cruise ship calls on the 16th of October. There are currently 128 ships showing as calling into Invergordon, including several smaller ships such as the beautiful Sea Cloud and World Traveller ships.
Check out Which Cruise Lines Visit Invergordon
Which cruise lines visit Invergordon?
The main cruise lines visiting in 2023 are Ambassador, Aida, Viking, Norwegian, TUI, Saga, Holland America, Fred Olsen, P&O, MSC, Princess and Costa Cruises. There are multiple calls from these cruise lines to Invergordon during the year.
Invergordon is a popular cruise destination because it is the closest accessible port to Inverness. It provides easy access to Inverness and to a wide variety of excursions throughout the Highlands.
The most popular shore excursion offered in Invergordon is a half day tour to Loch Ness – either to take a cruise or to visit Urquhart Castle. Another popular trip is to head to Inverness for free time and to explore at your own pace.
If you are coming to Invergordon and planning on taking a half day tour then do take a little time to walk into the town. It is small – the population is less than 4,000 people – but there are some nice murals to see, a free museum, some gift and art shops, as well as some easy walks along the shoreline.
Invergordon town centre is a 5 minute walk from ships that are berthed in the service base. For ships that are berthed at Saltburn pier there is a shuttle bus that takes guests into the town centre.
If you are interested in taking a shore excursion to Invergordon then check out my Invergordon Cruise Port page for more information and posts, including reviews and practical information to help you find the most suitable shore excursion for you.
Cruise Lines and Cruise Ships That Visit Invergordon in 2023
Here are the cruise lines and the ships that are visiting Invergordon. If you click the links you will go to the Cruise Critic forum where you can read reviews of the cruise lines and ships from other cruise passengers. There is information on the itineraries, ship facilities and so much more!
Ambience 1700 passengers
AidaBella 2200 passengers
AidaAura 1300 passengers
AidaDiva 2300 passengers
Viking Venus 930 passengers
Nieuw Statendam 2800 passengers
Rotterdam 2800 passengers
Zuiderdam 2000 passengers
Mein Schiff 3 2500 passengers
Balmoral 2500 passengers
Norwegian Dawn 2600 passengers
MSC Prescioza 3800 passengers
Regal Princess 3700 passengers
Coral Princess 2200 passengers
Jewel of the Seas 2300 passengers
Spirit of Adventure 999 passengers
Costa Favolosa 3300 cruises
Britannia 3900 passengers
🌏 Professional Traveller for +36 years
🚍 Coach holiday expert – taken 8,000 people on holiday
🏴 Scottish Highlands Lover
Other Articles You Might Like
Invergordon Places to Eat – with suggestions from locals on what to try
Invergordon Cruise Terminal – helpful things to know
How to Get from Invergordon to Inverness – via bus, train or taxi
You can find lots more information on my Invergordon Cruise Port page
- Cawdor Castle Shore Excursion from Invergordon Port 🚢Thinking of taking a Cawdor Castle shore excursion during your Invergordon port call? Here is all the practical information you need to decide if it’s the perfect excursion for you. Cawdor Castle Shore Excursion – Travel Times Cawdor Castle operates timed entry slots for groups. There may be more than 2 coaches from the ship … Read more
- Loch Ness Cruise Shore Excursion from Invergordon Port 🚢Thinking of Taking a Loch Ness Cruise Shore Excursion from Invergordon Cruise Port? Here is all the information you need about the practicalities of this tour, so you can decide if it’s the perfect trip for you. Loch Ness Cruise Shore Excursion Generally, most Loch Ness Cruise shore excursions operate as a half-day tour from … Read more
- Top Tips When Taking a Shore Excursion from Invergordon 🚢Are you coming to Invergordon cruise port? Thinking of taking a shore excursion from Invergordon? Here are my top tips to have an even better day in the Highlands. Shore Excursion from Invergordon Head the Right Way at the End of the Gangplank If you are taking a ship organised excursion then you need to … Read more
- Urquhart Castle Shore Excursion from Invergordon Port 🚢Interested in taking an Urquhart Castle shore excursion from Invergordon cruise port? Want to know if it is suitable for you? Check out this guide for the practical information you need to decide. This guide is based on visiting Urquhart Castle on one of the ship’s excursion tours. Urquhart Castle Shore Excursion Visiting Urquhart Castle … Read more
- Details of Which Cruise Lines Visit Invergordon Port 🚢Wondering which cruise lines visit Invergordon port? Invergordon receives visits from many different cruise lines. Below are highlighted some of the larger ships and cruise companies that visit. We have had other lines such as Disney visit in the past. Many of the ships that visit call into Invergordon several times during the year. The … Read more
- Invergordon Cruise Ships – Are There Any Local Benefits? 🚢This article was inspired after hearing, yet again, that there are no benefits from Invergordon cruise ships. At a recent public meeting, there was mention of all the cruise ship guests ‘getting on buses’ and disappearing out of town. Having worked with cruise ships, as a dispatcher and a tour guide, I have a little … Read more
- 11 Invergordon Restaurants & Takeaways (And What to Try) 🍲Are you coming to visit Invergordon? Looking for something to eat while you are here? Well here is a list of places within the town for you to try, with suggestions from me and a few locals of what to try if you need some inspiration. Daytime Options for Invergordon Restaurants and Takeaways Invergordon Restaurants … Read more
- Port of Invergordon – Where Do Cruise Ships Dock? 🚢Are you coming to the port of Invergordon? Want to know where your cruise ship will dock and what facilities are there? Well check out this post for all the details. 2023 Cruise Ships Coming into Port of Invergordon The majority of the cruise ships coming to visit the port of Invergordon in 2023 are … Read more
- Invergordon Port – Does it Use Tender Boats?Invergordon Port Invergordon Port is located within the Cromarty Firth. This area of the North Sea is very sheltered and protected thanks to a relatively narrow entrance channel. The entrance channel is approximately half a mile wide. It runs between two sandstone headlands, known as the Sutors. The small town of Cromarty is on the … Read more