Heard of annual multi trip travel insurance but not sure how it works?
Well, read on because in this article I will cover everything you need to know.
What is Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance?
What is Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance?
It’s a travel insurance policy that you buy once a year and it covers you for multiple trips within that year. Generally, there is no limit on the number of trips you can take, although there can be some restrictions on the length of each trip.
However many trips you take in a year you will always have travel insurance.
Where Does Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance Cover?
You choose which parts of the world you will be travelling to when you select your policy. Generally, there are regions to choose from rather than specific countries, for example;
- UK and Europe
- Rest of the world excluding the USA, Canada, and the Caribbean
- Rest of the world including the USA, Canada, and the Caribbean
If you choose UK and Europe and then want to book a trip to the USA you can easily adjust your travel insurance policy by contacting your insurer and advising them.
Who Does Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance Cover?
Policies can be purchased for single travellers, multiple travellers and family groups. The travellers named on the policy do not have to travel together to be covered. Children, depending on their age, may need proof that they are travelling with their parent’s consent if travelling on their own.
It’s always best to check the specifics of the travel insurance policy you are interested in so you know the exact details in relation to coverage.
When Does Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance Cover Start?
The policy starts as soon as you buy the policy.
Professional Traveller Top Tip
You may be tempted to leave purchasing your travel insurance until you get close to the date of your first trip. Actually, you are better off buying your annual policy before you book your first trip. You are then likely to have some cancellation and abandonment coverage for your trip. The level of cover will depend on your policy.
Pros of Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
- Buying once a year means you will have some cancellation or abandonment coverage for trips you book during the year.
- Can be cheaper than single-trip travel insurance.
- Gives the same cover for each person named on the policy. If you have £1,000 abandonment cover on the policy, then that applies to each person. Check the specifics of your policy for details.
- This means you can book as many trips as you like and know you are covered.
Cons of Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
- There can be a long time between taking out your insurance and some of your trips. You could buy a policy in January and take a trip in December. This means you need to remember to keep the medical information/health declarations up to date otherwise you could have no coverage.
- There can be a long time between taking out your insurance and some of your trips. This can mean you forget the policy details. Ensure you take a copy of your policy with you and double check the details before you travel.
Professional Traveller Recommended Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
I recommend Coverwise for annual multi-trip insurance. It’s what I use and have done for years. Here’s why I recommend them;
- The cover is cost-effective – with an existing health condition my cover is £60 a year
- Covid cover is included
- They cover business travel.
- The amount of coverage can be adjusted depending on your requirements.
Why not get a quick quote now? It’s very easy to do.
If you have more serious health conditions then I recommend Travel Insurance 4 Medical. They are the most cost-effective cover for travellers with medical conditions I have found.
Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance Summary
- Annual multi-trip travel insurance is very cost-effective if travelling more than once, and may even be cheaper than single-trip insurance.
- Buying the policy before you book any trips will give you some cancellation coverage.
- It is vital to keep the health declarations up to date to ensure you are fully covered when you travel.
- Business travel cover is ideal for those who travel for work.
Other Articles You Might Like
If you have found this annual multi trip travel insurance article useful you might also like;
Find more information on my annual travel insurance page.
- How Does Annual Travel Insurance Work? Guide and TipsAre you interested in an annual travel insurance policy? Not quite sure how this type of policy works? Check out this quick guide which will give a quick overview and some suggestions to get the most benefit. The details and information in this post are from my recommended travel insurance provider, Coverwise. They are who… Read More »How Does Annual Travel Insurance Work? Guide and Tips
- What’s The Difference Between Single and Annual Travel Insurance?Have you ever wondered what the difference between single and annual travel insurance is? Do you want to find out which insurance will suit your travel plans best? You will find all the answers you need right here. Buying Single Trip and Annual Travel Insurance When it comes to purchasing a travel insurance policy you… Read More »What’s The Difference Between Single and Annual Travel Insurance?
- Do I Need Travel Insurance? Here’s Why You Absolutely DoThis is a question I get asked a lot. Having seen travel insurance swing into action in many countries around the world my answer would be yes – it’s just too risky to travel without it. If you are still asking yourself ‘do I need travel insurance?’ then read on. Do I Need Travel Insurance?… Read More »Do I Need Travel Insurance? Here’s Why You Absolutely Do
- Does Holiday Annual Insurance Cover Cruise Ships?Planning on taking a cruise? Here are some things to consider to make sure your holiday annual insurance policy covers you. Thinking of getting a holiday annual insurance policy? Selecting Your Holiday Annual Insurance Policy If you haven’t bought your holiday annual insurance policy yet you need to ensure that all the countries and regions… Read More »Does Holiday Annual Insurance Cover Cruise Ships?
- What Does Annual Holiday Insurance Cover? Find Out HereAnnual holiday insurance cover works differently from single trip insurance cover. It is more likely to have cancellation cover for example. There are also differences to consider such as the number of trips taken, trip duration, and countries you plan to visit. Read on to find out all you need to know about annual holiday… Read More »What Does Annual Holiday Insurance Cover? Find Out Here
- Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance – All You Need to KnowHeard of annual multi trip travel insurance but not sure how it works? Well, read on because in this article I will cover everything you need to know. What is Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance? However many trips you take in a year you will always have travel insurance. Where Does Annual Multi Trip Travel… Read More »Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance – All You Need to Know
- Annual Car Hire Excess Insurance – All You Need to KnowAre you looking for annual car hire excess insurance? Great. It’s a fab way to save money when travelling and hiring cars. (This is one of my recommended travel items – find the rest of my Travel Essentials page) Why Do I Recommend This Annual Car Hire Excess Insurance? Currently £29.99 per year through Coverwise… Read More »Annual Car Hire Excess Insurance – All You Need to Know
- 7 Travel Insurance Annual Policy Things You Need to KnowLooking for a travel insurance annual policy? Having travelled professionally for over 30 years and taken many groups overseas in my role as a coach holiday Tour Manager I have seen how important it is to have travel insurance that is there when you need it. Here are my top tips, learned through dealing with… Read More »7 Travel Insurance Annual Policy Things You Need to Know
- Yearly Travel Insurance – Everything You Need to KnowWant to know all about yearly travel insurance? Check out this guide and get all your questions answered including what it covers, when to buy it, and pros and cons. It’s all here. Yearly Travel Insurance – What Is It? Yearly travel insurance is a policy that covers you wherever you travel for a whole… Read More »Yearly Travel Insurance – Everything You Need to Know