Check out this real guest review of the Hilton Aberdeen TECA. It’s got everything you need to know about staying at the hotel, plus what hotels are nearby.
It also includes a video room tour.
Author Bio – Melanie Newdick, Hotel Expert
- Stayed in over 700 hotels during +36 travel career
- Spent +10 years actually in hotels during my lifetime
- Stayed in hotels with holiday groups (+9,500 people) + as leisure & solo traveller
- Check out my top money saving resources
The Professional Traveller Overall Rating for Hilton Aberdeen TECA
Value for Money
- Really handy if attending events at the P&J live arena
- Good facilities in the hotel
- Plenty of parking available
- Rooms nice sized and comfortable
- WIFI is not included in the hotel price
- Trickier to reach on public transport if less familiar with Aberdeen
- Not much around the hotel itself
Want to check prices now? Use this map to find the best price and location for you
Hilton Aberdeen TECA – A Great Option for Events & The Airport
Why Stay at the Hilton Aberdeen TECA?
It’s super handy for events at the P&J Arena. There is plenty of onsite parking. It’s also a good option if you are flying from the airport. The hotel is good with a gym and nice facilities
Hilton Aberdeen Teca
The Hilton Aberdeen TECA address is;
- East Burn Road
- AB21 9FX
The Hilton Aberdeen TECA phone number is;
Hilton Aberdeen Teca
The Hilton Aberdeen is located just off the A96, right beside the P&J events arena.
It is also very close to Aberdeen Airport.
3. Getting to the Hilton Aberdeen Teca
Travelling West on the A96
- Turn left at the sign for TECA and follow the signs for the Hilton Hotel. The TECA is located very close to Aberdeen Airport.
Travelling East on the A96
- Turn right at the traffic lights on the A96 signed for the TECA and follow the signs for the Hilton Hotel.
Hilton Aberdeen Teca
If you follow the signs for the Hilton Hotel parking you will be directed to an underground car park. On entering the car park you will see an area reserved for Hilton guests.
There is a clearly signed exit from the car park to the Hilton Hotel.
When exiting the car park there is a sign that says you need to pay for parking but there was no charge when we stayed.
The hotel website says parking is charged at £10.
If you follow the signs for the Aloft Hotel parking and drive past the Aloft Hotel, which will be on your right hand side, you will come to a parking area right outside the front of the Hilton Hotel.
5. Getting from the Car Park to the Hilton Aberdeen Teca
Take the exit from the car park, and you will find two flights of stairs that leads up to the courtyard area where you will find the Hilton Hotel. There is also a lift, which says it is available for those with accessibility issues.
On arriving at the top of the stairs or at ground level you will find a set of double doors.
When you exit the doors the Aloft Hotel is directly in front of you and the Hilton Hotel is to the right. You will see the entrance on the front side of the building with a canopy over the entrance.
6. Arriving & Checking In
Entry to the hotel is through a set of double doors.
On the right is the reception desk area.
If you are a Hilton Honors member you can check in within the app and select your room in advance. This means you can use your phone to unlock your room.
7. Facilities at the Hilton Aberdeen Teca Hotel
The facilities at the Hilton Aberdeen include;
- Parking – there is some free parking available outside the hotel (see above) and paid covered parking nearby for hotel guests
- Electric vehicle charging
- Restaurant on the ground floor
- Fitness area on site
- Pool on site (currently closed until July 2022)
- Spa on site with a variety of treatments available
- Sauna onsite
- WIFI available free in public areas. In rooms, it costs an additional £6.95.
8. Hilton Aberdeen: Breakfast
Breakfast is served in the Quarterhouse Bar and Restaurant on the ground floor.
If not included in the room rate breakfast is £15.95 per adult
Breakfast for children is £5.95
Under 5’s eat breakfast for free
9. Hilton Aberdeen: Restaurant
The Quarterhouse Bar and Restaurant are on the ground floor.
Quarterhouse Bar and Restaurant opening times:
Open from midday to 10 pm 7 days a week
The menu currently has a smaller selection of dishes than you might expect with some interesting choices available including;
- Quarterhouse Skink
- Heritage Beetroot with goats cheese and micro herbs
- Gressingham Duck
- Quarterhouse Burger
- Steak Selection
- Pecan Pie
- Sticky Toffee Pudding
Hilton Aberdeen Teca
10. Room Service
In room dining is also available.
Anything ordered for delivery to the room is subject to a £5 tray charge.
However, guests can go to reception and collect their items and avoid this charge.
11. Accessing the Bedrooms
The lifts are directly behind the sofa in the reception area in a small alcove.
A keycard (or your mobile phone if using the app) is needed to access the lift.
Hilton Aberdeen Teca
12. Room Facilities
We stayed in Room 359. This was at the far end of the corridor, furthest away from the lifts and closest to the underground car park.
- Large walk-in shower
- Toiletries including soap, shower cap, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel
- Washbasin with mirror over with heated panel
- 2 double beds with 4 pillows and duvets on each
- Bedside LED adjustable direction lights
- Double electrical socket between beds
- In-room safe
- Tea and coffee-making facilities with a small supply of tea, coffee, and milk
- Flatscreen TV with on-demand Channel 4 and Demand 5, YouTube, and international TV channels
- Marble desk/table area with seat
13. Video Tour of Bedroom
Hilton Aberdeen Teca
14. Things I Liked
- The room was a good size.
- Having two double beds was great plus having 4 pillows on each bed.
- The floor to ceiling windows meant the room was nice and light.
- The on demand TV service was good – you just needed an account to sign in.
- It was nice to have tea and coffee facilities in the room as some hotels had taken these out due to Covid.
- The room was very clean and there was a seal on the door to show no one had entered since it had been cleaned.
- Having checkout at midday was great – that’s the normal check out time and later checkouts are available although these may involve a fee.
- The location is great for attending an event at the P&J Live stadium – it’s just around the corner from the building so very handy.
Hilton Aberdeen Teca
15. What I Liked Less
- The air conditioning unit made a weird crackling noise. It was quite quiet when the unit was on low but this meant it was difficult to keep the room cool enough during the night.
- One of the lights in the wardrobe stayed on all night – it was a bright LED
- The curtains let in a lot of light around the top of the curtains and the edges and bottom. This made it very light in the early morning due to the sunrise times.
- We had been looking forward to using the pool and I had wanted to check out the gym and the lounge area too. However, we received an email on the morning of our departure to say that these were all closed. This was disappointing so we adjusted our departure time not to arrive so early at the hotel. On arriving at the hotel we were advised that all these facilities were open. When I showed the reception team the email they said it had been sent out by the reservations team in error.
- There was no information in the rooms about breakfast. We did not know the times or the cost of breakfast so we didn’t have any at the hotel.
- Free WIFI in the rooms is only available to Hilton Honors members. I am a Hilton Honors member but the WIFI is only available if you book through Hilton Honors. Thank goodness for 4G!
We paid £74 for a one night stay. We thought this was reasonable when we booked (we booked two to three weeks in advance.)
The Hilton Aberdeen scores 4.0 out of 5.0 from 164 reviews
4.3 for location
4.7 for cleanliness
4.2 for service
4.1 for value
18. Getting from the Hotel to Aberdeen (Dyce) Airport
The hotel is located very close to the airport – it’s on the flight path.
The number 777 bus goes from the end of the hotel and will get you to the airport in around 8 minutes.
The 727 bus runs more often and takes 10 minutes
A taxi to the airport will cost around £8-10 and can be ordered at the reception of the hotel.
A single ticket costs £1.70 and you can buy tickets online via the First Bus app or order in advance and have them delivered to you.
19. Hilton Aberdeen TECA: FAQs
What time is check-in and check-out at the Hilton Aberdeen?
Check in is from 4pm and check out is by 11am.
21. Check Availability
Pop your dates in below and find the best prices for your travel dates for hotels located close to the Aberdeen Teca
23. Hotel Deals Across Aberdeen
Check availability and prices for hotels across Aberdeen and find the one that suits you best
25. Looking for Things to Do in Aberdeen?
If you have found this Hilton Aberdeen Teca review helpful then you might also like;
Village Hotel Aberdeen review including video room tour
Jurys Hotel Aberdeen detailed review including video room tour
If you want some ideas for your next trip then why not check out my Travel Inspiration page
- Pitlochry Hydro Hotel – Video Room Review and Helpful TipsAre you thinking of visiting Pitlochry? Looking for somewhere to stay that has free parking but is within easy reach of the High Street? Looking for somewhere with a pool and spa facilities, restaurant and lift? The Pitlochry Hydro has all of those things, alongwith a bar and a pool room and a couple of… Read More »Pitlochry Hydro Hotel – Video Room Review and Helpful Tips
- Enchanted Forest – First Time Visit Review & Helpful TipsAre you planning a visit to the Enchanted Forest? The Daily Record described the Enchanted Forest as a “mesmerizing underwater voyage of discovery” After our visit, I would say that’s a very accurate description. Read on to learn everything you need to know to plan your trip in 2024. Enchanted Forest – Summary of Visit… Read More »Enchanted Forest – First Time Visit Review & Helpful Tips
- Days Inn Lockerbie Review and Helpful Tips for Your StayThinking of staying at the Days Inn Lockerbie? It’s a handy location right beside the M74. There is free parking at the front of the hotel and a lovely duck pond and green area to the rear. The hotel is right beside the service area which has a restaurant, McDonalds, breakfast takeaway and shop selling… Read More »Days Inn Lockerbie Review and Helpful Tips for Your Stay
- Cairn Hotel Bathgate Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Cairn Hotel Bathgate 1. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Address The address of the hotel is; Blackburn Road, Bathgate, EH48 2EL 2. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 01506 633366 3. Getting to the Cairn Hotel Getting to the hotel… Read More »Cairn Hotel Bathgate Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Travelodge Central Edinburgh Review And Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Travelodge Central Edinburgh 1. Travelodge Central Edinburgh Address The address of the hotel is; 33 St Marys Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1TA 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0871 984 6137 3. Getting from Waverley Station to the Hotel The easiest… Read More »Travelodge Central Edinburgh Review And Helpful Things to Know
- Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick below to quickly find the best price for your stay at the Holyrood Hotel 1. Holyrood Hotel Address The address of the Holyrood Hotel is; 81 Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh, EH8 8AU 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0131 528 8000 3. Getting from Edinburgh Waverley Station to the Holyrood Hotel… Read More »Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Lerwick Hotel 1. Lerwick Hotel Address The address of the Lerwick Hotel is; 15 South Road, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PX 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; +44 (1595) 692166 3. Getting from Sumburgh Airport to the Lerwick Hotel It is… Read More »Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Visit Shetland – A Stunning Destination Any Time of the YearPlanning to Visit Shetland? Shetland is an amazing place to visit. It is very different from the rest of Scotland. It has its own very distinct culture, language, food, landscape, and history. There is a great deal to see and enjoy when visiting. Visit Shetland 2. Where Do You Fly From to Get To Shetland? There… Read More »Visit Shetland – A Stunning Destination Any Time of the Year
- Alicante Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your TripThinking of an Alicante holiday? You should it’s a great destination that offers great value too. Alicante is a coastal and port town located on the South Coast of Spain. It is in the Costa Blanca area, which refers to the coastline and it’s a popular tourist destination. It has a population of around 350,000… Read More »Alicante Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your Trip