Looking to stay at the Village Hotel Solihull?
It’s in a great location for Birmingham airport and has a restaurant, coffee shop, gym and spa as well.
Check out this review of a 3 night stay.
I chose to stay at the Village Hotel Solihull for 3 nights because I was on a leisure trip and I wanted to stay somewhere where I could easily get to and from Birmingham Airport.
My flights to the Scottish Highlands were to and from Birmingham Airport with Flybe (these flights are now operated by Loganair).
Getting to the Village Hotel Solihull
I had originally planned to take the train from Birmingham Airport but on arrival decided I was just take a taxi from the airport rank to the hotel as the weather was a bit damp and cold.
The hotel is located outside of Solihull itself in a bit of a business park area.
Checking in at the Village Hotel Solihull
Checking it took a bit of time. Initially I tried to use the self check in but this didn’t work so I had to ask for some assistance. The check in area is at the front of the hotel and has several self check in terminals but with one or two members of staff if you need any help.
Initially I had asked for an accessible room but this actually had a very low bed, which is suitable for wheelchair users. This was too low so I asked to change the room and was given a standard room.
The hotel lists club rooms as an option on the website, and having stayed in a club room before I thought I might do similar at the Village Hotel Solihull. However, all the rooms are the same sized. The only difference between standard rooms and club rooms is access to the gym.
As I wasn’t planning on using the gym there seemed no need for a club room.
Check in is anytime from 3pm with checkout by 11am
Breakfast is served 7am – 9am on weekedays and 7.30am – 10am on weekdays.
Parking is charged at £5 per day.
Hotel Room at the Village Hotel Solihull
I had asked for a quiet room and was given a room at the end of the corridor on the 4th floor.
- The room was very clean.
- The bathroom was bright with a shower over the bath.
- The room had a work desk area with a work lamp.
- The full length windows gave the room a bright and airy feel.
- There was a large TV on the wall across from the bed.
- The bed was super comfy with really nice pillows and linens.
- Tea and coffee facilities were in the room.
- There was storage for luggage, and wardrobe space.
Things I Liked About the Village Hotel Solihull
- The price was reasonable for a 3 night stay – it was about £150 for the 3 nights not including any meals
- The location was handy for the airport
- The coffee shop on the ground floor was handy and a nice place to get a bite to eat in the morning or a nice tea or coffee later in the day
- There is a restaurant on site.
- There is ample parking around the hotel.
- The curtains made the room dark at night to give a good night’s sleep.
Things I Liked Less
- It was actually quite cold in the bedroom and despite having the heating up on max we were unable to get any heating so we had to request a heater. This was an oil filled radiator so the room was slightly warm rather than comfortable.
- The shower was very difficult to turn on.
- There was a glass panel in the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom. This meant anyone getting up in the night to use the bathroom and putting the light on could disturb any other guests in the room.
- The service in the restaurant was a bit patchy because it was very busy there on a Friday evening. There was a lack of staff.
- It was really noisy in the restaurant as there were sports matches on the large screens plus lots of people. It made it difficult to have conversation.
- The bed had sticky out legs which I caught my shin on a couple of times. This was made worse by a chair located close to the bed which I ended up moving to provide more space when moving around the bed.
Parking is free at the hotel from 5pm on Friday until 3pm on Sunday.
At other times you need to enter your registration number when checking in.
Video Guide to Village Hotel Solihull Room
Check out this video review to see inside a room at the Village Hotel Solihull and see the facilities for yourself.
Want To Stay at the Village Hotel Solihull?
Check out the Tripadvisor guest reviews the Village Hotel Solihull
Quickly Find the Cheapest Price Online for the Village Hotel Solihull
Want to Stay In Solihull?
Use this map search to quickly find hotels in locations and at prices that suit you.
If you found this article on the Village Hotel Solihull useful you might like my Birmingham Break post for some fun things to do. (For another hotel option check out the Ibis Birmingham, close to New Street Station.)
Looking to stay at Birmingham Airport – check out the Ibis Birmingham Airport review for a great hotel right beside the airport.
Check out my Travel Inspiration posts for some ideas of other places to go.
Other Articles You Might Like;
- Highland Hotel Strathpeffer Review: Great Stay With Our Dog
- Southerness Self Catering Review: Video Tour of Dog Friendly Chalet
- The Bank House Uttoxeter Review: Quirky Hotel In City Centre with Friendly Pigeons
- Holiday Inn Luton Airport Review: Great Value, Easy To Access – Ideal Overnight
- Sleeperz Dundee Review: Fab City Break Hotel Opp. V&A
- Brodie Castle Review: A Quirky Castle & A Fabulous Play Area
- Hilton Aberdeen TECA Review: Great For the Airport & Events
- Lonsdale House Bowness – A Quirky, Fun & Great Stay
- Fabulous Forres Self Catering Holiday Cottage
- Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira – Fab Algarve Hotel With Amazing Location
- Vidamar Resort Algarve Review – Fantastic Resort Hotel in Fab Location
- Vilamoura Holiday Review: Top Tips and Info To Help You Plan
- Village Hotel Solihull – Great Resort Style Hotel Nr Airport
- Ibis Birmingham New Street – Great Location in the City Centre
- Ibis Birmingham Airport – Budget Hotel Review
- Sofitel London Gatwick – Great Hotel for Layovers & Overnights
- Suitel Bosphorus Taksim – 3 Night Stay Review Solo Female Stay
- Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel – Fab Airport Hotel With Restaurant
- Inverness Airport Hotel Review: Right Next to the Terminal!
- Village Hotel Aberdeen – Resort Hotel in Aberdeen Outskirts
- Cheap Hotels Near Gatwick – Real Reviews of 5 Gatwick Hotels
- Inverness Airport Lounge Review: Super Friendly and Fab To Use