Looking to stay at the Village Hotel Solihull?
It’s in a great location for Birmingham airport and has a restaurant, coffee shop, gym and spa as well.
Check out this review of a 3 night stay.
I chose to stay at the Village Hotel Solihull for 3 nights because I was on a leisure trip and I wanted to stay somewhere where I could easily get to and from Birmingham Airport.
My flights to the Scottish Highlands were to and from Birmingham Airport with Flybe (these flights are now operated by Loganair).
1. Village Hotel Solihull – Address
The Green Business Park, Dog Kennel Ln, Shirley, Solihull B90 4JG
I had originally planned to take the train from Birmingham Airport but on arrival decided I was just take a taxi from the airport rank to the hotel as the weather was a bit damp and cold.
The hotel is located outside of Solihull itself in a bit of a business park area.
2. Village Hotel Solihull – Contact Number
3. Village Hotel Solihull – Checking In
The hotel lists club rooms as an option on the website, and having stayed in a club room before I thought I might do similar at the Village Hotel Solihull. However, all the rooms are the same sized. The only difference between standard rooms and club rooms is access to the gym.
Check in is anytime from 3pm with checkout by 11am
Breakfast is served 7am – 9am on weekdays and 7.30am – 10am on weekdays.
Parking is charged at £5 per day.
4. Hotel Room at the Village Hotel Solihull
I had asked for a quiet room and was given a room at the end of the corridor on the 4th floor.
- The room was very clean.
- The bathroom was bright with a shower over the bath.
- The room had a work desk area with a work lamp.
- The full length windows gave the room a bright and airy feel.
- There was a large TV on the wall across from the bed.
- The bed was super comfy with really nice pillows and linens.
- Tea and coffee facilities were in the room.
- There was storage for luggage and wardrobe space.
5. Things I Liked About the Village Hotel Solihull
- The price was reasonable for a 3 night stay – it was about £150 for the 3 nights not including any meals
- The location was handy for the airport
- The coffee shop on the ground floor was handy and a nice place to get a bite to eat in the morning or a nice tea or coffee later in the day
- There is a restaurant on site.
- There is ample parking around the hotel.
- The curtains made the room dark at night to give a good night’s sleep.
6. Things I Liked Less
- It was actually quite cold in the bedroom and despite having the heating up on max we were unable to get any heating so we had to request a heater. This was an oil-filled radiator so the room was slightly warm rather than comfortable.
- The shower was very difficult to turn on.
- There was a glass panel in the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom. This meant anyone getting up in the night to use the bathroom and putting the light on could disturb any other guests in the room.
- The service in the restaurant was a bit patchy because it was very busy there on a Friday evening. There was a lack of staff.
- It was really noisy in the restaurant as there were sports matches on the large screens plus lots of people. It made it difficult to have a conversation.
- The bed had sticky-out legs which I caught my shin on a couple of times. This was made worse by a chair located close to the bed which I ended up moving to provide more space when moving around the bed.
7. Video Guide to Village Hotel Solihull Room
Check out this video review to see inside a room at the Village Hotel Solihull and see the facilities for yourself.
8. Village Hotel Solihull Restaurant
There is an onsite restaurant. It was extremely busy when we dined there on a Friday night and also extremely loud. It was almost impossible to have a conversation and ordering a meal required shouting across the bar. It was not a pleasant experience.
The food was OK when it arrived. The menu is the same across all Village Hotels.
Check out the full menu including festive options and room service menus here.
Village Hotels also have an onsite Starbucks serving all the usual hot drinks, sandwiches, pastries, and snacks.
9. Want to Stay at the Village Hotel Solihull?
10. Hotels Close to the Village Hotel Solihull
The Regency Hotel, Solihull
Premier Inn, Solihull South
11. Want to Quickly Find the Best Prices in Solihull?
Use this map search to quickly find hotels in locations and at prices that suit you.
If you found this article on the Village Hotel Solihull useful you might like my Birmingham Break post for some fun things to do. (For another hotel option check out the Ibis Birmingham, close to New Street Station.)
Looking to stay at Birmingham Airport – check out the Ibis Birmingham Airport review for a great hotel right beside the airport.
Check out my Travel Inspiration posts for some ideas of other places to go.
Other Articles You Might Like
- Days Inn Lockerbie Review and Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click to get the best price for your stay at the Days Inn Lockerbie 1. Days Inn Lockerbie Address The address of the hotel is; Roadchef Annandale Water, Lockerbie, DG11 1HD 2. Days Inn Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0844 225 0789 3. Getting to the Days Inn Lockerbie Days Inn … Read more
- Cairn Hotel Bathgate Review and Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click to get the best price for your stay at the Cairn Hotel Bathgate 1. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Address The address of the hotel is; Blackburn Road, Bathgate, EH48 2EL 2. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 01506 633366 3. Getting to the Cairn Hotel Getting to the hotel … Read more
- Travelodge Central Edinburgh Review And Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click to get the best price for your stay at the Travelodge Central Edinburgh 1. Travelodge Central Edinburgh Address The address of the hotel is; 33 St Marys Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1TA 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0871 984 6137 3. Getting from Waverley Station to the Hotel The easiest … Read more
- Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click below to quickly find the best price for your stay at the Holyrood Hotel 1. Holyrood Hotel Address The address of the Holyrood Hotel is; 81 Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh, EH8 8AU 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0131 528 8000 3. Getting from Edinburgh Waverley Station to the Holyrood Hotel … Read more
- Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click to get the best price for your stay at the Lerwick Hotel 1. Lerwick Hotel Address The address of the Lerwick Hotel is; 15 South Road, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PX 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; +44 (1595) 692166 3. Getting from Sumburgh Airport to the Lerwick Hotel It is … Read more
- Visit Shetland – A Stunning Destination Any Time of the YearPlanning to Visit Shetland? Shetland is an amazing place to visit. It is very different from the rest of Scotland. It has its own very distinct culture, language, food, landscape, and history. There is a great deal to see and enjoy when visiting. Visit Shetland 2. Where Do You Fly From to Get To Shetland? There … Read more
- Alicante Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your Trip 🇪🇸Thinking of an Alicante holiday? You should it’s a great destination that offers great value too. Alicante is a coastal and port town located on the South Coast of Spain. It is in the Costa Blanca area, which refers to the coastline and it’s a popular tourist destination. It has a population of around 350,000 … Read more
- Algarve Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your Trip 🇵🇹Are you planning an Algarve holiday? You should – it’s a wonderful destination. The Algarve is located along the Southern edge of Portugal. It has a fabulous coastline, huge sandy beaches, great places to visit and it’s very easy to travel to from UK. The Algarve is suitable for family holidays, solo trips, golfing holidays, … Read more
- 6 Handpicked Hotels in Riga – From Budget to Luxury 🇱🇻Looking for Hotels In Riga? Wondering where to stay? Check out this guide and find your perfect stay from these hotels in Riga. Hotels in Riga – Airport Hotels If you need to stay close to the airport then you have two choices – the Sky High Hotel or the Hampton by Hilton. Hotels in … Read more