Ibis Birmingham Airport
I stayed at the Ibis Budget Birmingham for one night, a Sunday, in February 2020. This was the 3rd hotel I stayed in during my trip and I stayed at the airport so I didn’t have to worry about travelling to the airport for my flight the next day.
Birmingham Airport has flight connections to the Scottish Highlands, which were operated by Flybe when I flew but are now operated by Loganair. Flying is one of the many ways of getting to the Highlands and the flight takes about 1 hour.
Getting to the Ibis Birmingham Airport
It was very easy to the Ibis Birmingham Airport as it is just a short walk across the car park from Birmingham International Airport. You have to navigate a bit through the parking areas but you can clearly see the hotel as it is a very tall building. The entrance is on the opposite side of the building from the airport.
Checking In At The Ibis Birmingham Airport
The check in was very busy with a line almost to the door. However, there had just been a whole load of flight cancellations so I think the hotel was having to deal with a lot of check ins at very short notice.
The lifts were also very busy with newly arrived guests arriving and people coming down to go to the restaurant.
My Hotel Room at the Ibis Birmingham Airport
- The hotel room was very clean and tidy.
- It was simple and functional with a bed, a washbashin in the room and an enclosed shower and toilet cubicle.
- The bed linen was nice, with clean fresh linen.
- The bed was actually very comfy despite having a bit of a basic look to it compared to some other hotel beds.
- There was a wall mounted TV.
- There were no tea and coffee facilities in the room (that’s part of the reason it is a budget hotel)
- There was plenty of storage for luggage.
- There was an open hanging space for clothes.
Ibis Birmingham Airport – What I Liked
- The price was excellent – it was about £32 to stay for the night which I thought was fantastic value.
- The location was great – it is just across the main airport building
- The room was very clean.
- The blackout blind was great so the room was very dark and I was able to get a good night’s sleep.
- Despite being near the airport there was very little noise – infact this was the quietest hotel of 3 I stayed in during my trip. It was also right in the middle of Storm Denis and again it was very quiet.
- The shower was great – a good start to the day.
- The hairdryer was powerful
- The WIFI was good
- It was easy to pop back over the airport building to pick up snack or something more substantial as there is a Marks and Spencers food in the public part of the building.
- There is also a Costa Coffee and a WHSmith, again all in the public part of the building.
Ibis Birmingham Airport – What I Liked Less
- The restaurant was very busy and noisy and also had a queue. There had been a great deal of flight cancellations that day because of Storm Denis so that may have been what caused the problems and queues. I wasn’t planning on eating in the restaurant anyway so this wasn’t a problem for me personally.
Want to Stay at the Ibis Birmingham Airport?
Read the reviews of the Ibis Birmingham Airport.
Enter your dates below and find the cheapest price on the internet quickly.
Want to Stay at Birmingham Airport?
Check out the map below and instantly see prices for hotels at and near the airport, then just click to book.
Hotel Reviewer Articles
- Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel, Istanbul – A great hotel beside the airport terminal
- Suitel Bosphorus Taksim, Istanbul – A somewhat different hotel stay in Istanbul
- Courtyard by Marriott, Inverness – The new Inverness Airport hotel
- Village Hotel, Aberdeen – Resort hotel located on a business park
- Gatwick Airport Hotels, London Gatwick – Reviews of several Gatwick hotels
- Ibis, Birmingham Airport – Great budget hotel very close to the airport terminal
- Ibis Birmingham – Good city centre hotel beside the Chinese Quarter
- Vidamar Resort, Algarve – Resort hotel with dine around meals
- Hotel Sol E Mar, Albufeira – Hotel right on the beach at Albufeira
- Vilamoura Holidays – Reviews of the two lovely Vilamoura Hotels in the Algarve
If you are interested in how to find the cheapest hotel deals then check out my guide to cheap hotels booking