Are you looking for a hotel within easy access of Birmingham New Street station?
Are you looking for a city centre hotel with parking nearby?
Want to be close to the Birmingham Hippodrome, the Chinese Quarter, the Bullring market?
Well the Ibis Birmingham New Street is in a great location for you.
Check out my review of a one night stay in March 2019.
1. Getting to the Ibis Birmingham New Street Station
It’s around a 10 minute walk from Birmingham New Street Station to the Ibis Birmingham New Street hotel.
The map shows the route I took which seemed fairly simple.
The address of the Ibis Birmingham New Street is;
Arcadian Centre, 21 Ladywell Walk, Birmingham B5 4ST
The telephone number of the hotel is 0121 619 9000
2. Arriving at the Ibis Birmingham New Street Hotel
- The reception team were warm and welcoming.
- The hotel has a large open reception area with seating, a pool table and modern decor and fittings.
- Behind reception is the seating area for breakfast.
- Checking in was straightforward.
- To the right of reception are two lifts to the bedrooms. You need a key card to access the lift.
3. My Room at the Ibis Birmingham New Street
- The hotel room was quite compact, which wasn’t surprising given the city centre location of the hotel.
- The bed was large and comfortable.
- The linen was nice and fresh with nice pillows.
- There was a TV mounted on the wall.
- There were tea and coffee making facilities.
- There was a small en suite shower room.
- There was a hairdyer.
- There was plenty of storage space for luggage and clothing.
4. Ibis Birmingham New Street Review – What I Liked
- The price was good value given this hotel was in the city centre – it was about £55 for the night
- The location was good – it was about a 10 minute walk from New Street Station
- There were extra pillows available in the room
- The shower was nice and powerful and there were nice clean towels
- It was located right opposite the Chinese Quarter – the restaurant I planned to eat in was just across the road
- The hairdryer was a nice powerful one
5. Ibis Birmingham New Street – What I Liked Less
- The room was very stuffy. I was on the third floor and there was a unit for hot or cold air but it wouldn’t dispense cold air at all. This meant I had to lave the window open to get any fresh air into the room which meant there was also quite a bit of noise.
- This hotel is surrounded by clubs, restaurants etc so I think there would be noise whichever part of the hotel you stayed in.
- There was no plug beside the bed – but thankfully my long cable meant I could use the wall socket
- The television signal kept coming and going – it seemed to be a digital service that was picking up interference
Want to Stay at the Ibis Birmingham New Street?
6. Nearest Car Parking to Ibis Birmingham New Street
There is a car park just across from the Ibis Birmingham New Street.
It’s address is;
B5 4RT Birmingham
It’s open 24 hours a day with parking charges as follows;
Monday – Sunday
- Up to 30 min: £1.00
- Up to 1 hour: £2.80
- Up to 2 hours: £5.30
- Up to 3 hours: £8.30
- Up to 4 hours: £10.50
- Up to 6 hours: £13.00
- Up to 8 hours: £15.50
- Up to 12 hours: £18.00
- Up to 24 hours: £22.00
There is a discounted evening rate and you can prebook your space and pay online. There are 157 spaces.
There is also a large car park at the Arcadian Shopping Centre.
It’s address is;
The Arcadian Centre,
Bromsgrove Street, Birmingham
The parking charges are;
- Up to 1 Hour £3.50
Up to 3 Hours £6.50
Up to 5 Hours £7.50
Up to 8 Hours £12.00
Up to 10 Hours £15.00
Up to 12 Hours £17.50
12 Hours to 24 Hours £20.00
- Theatre Rate (17.00 – 02.00) £7.50
7. What’s Nearby To the Ibis Birmingham New Street?
Check out my review of my Birmingham break. I visited the oldest cinema in the UK and had a great Chinese meal, plus there is an interesting coffin museum!
Birmingham may seem like an unusual place for a break but there is quite a lot to do in the city. It is often quoted as having more canals than Venice, and these can often provide an alternative view of the city from the main streets.
There are a large number of museums in Birmingham, all helpfully linked together at a central Birmingham Museum’s website.
There is everything from castles to science museums to enjoy.
If you are travelling with kids, or a big kid yourself, you might like ThinkTank, a science museum which includes a planetarium. It has a Science garden and also does dinners and treasure hunts!
Aston Hall is a Jacobean House, with gorgeous interiors and exterior to enjoy as well as a cafe and of course a museum shop.
Sarehole Mill is an old watermill in a beautiful setting. It has links to the author J R R Tolkien. The Mill also produces mill and has a pizza cafe serving pizzas in the courtyard so a great place to get something to eat as well.
The Museum of the Jewellery Quarter is an old jewellery workshop. You can learn how jewellery has been made in Birmingham for many years with demonstrations.
For something a little more unusual, and perhaps a bit spooky, why not check out the abandoned Curzon Street Station. This lonely building dates from 1838 but has been unused as a railway station since 1966. It’s had various uses since then but now makes a somewhat lonely sight in Birmingham.
For more ideas check out my Birmingham Break article.
There are loads of things to do in Birmingham why not check out the top activities?
Quickly Find the Best Prices in Birmingham Via This Map
Top Hotel Deals in Birmingham
If you have found my article on the Ibis Birmingham New Street useful you might also like my Birmingham Break article which covers things to do in the city.
- Highland Hotel Strathpeffer Review: Great Stay With Our DogLooking to stay in Strathpeffer? Well check out this review of the Highland Hotel Strathpeffer, which includes a video tour of the room. What is the Highland Hotel Strathpeffer Like? The Highland Hotel is a large hotel in a historic building. The hotel has a wood panelled lounge and dining area and some stained glass… Read More »Highland Hotel Strathpeffer Review: Great Stay With Our Dog
- Southerness Self Catering Review: Video Tour of Dog Friendly ChaletAre you planning a Southerness self catering holiday? Well check out this review based on a 1 week stay in Southerness in November 2021. Table of Contents 1. Southerness Self Catering – Getting To Southerness2. Southerness Self Catering – Southerness Village – What’s There?3. Southerness Self Catering – Southerness Beach4. Southerness Self Catering – Southerness… Read More »Southerness Self Catering Review: Video Tour of Dog Friendly Chalet
- The Bank House Uttoxeter Review: Quirky Hotel In City Centre with Friendly PigeonsAre you looking for a hotel in Uttoxeter? Check out this review including a video tour of the Bank House Uttoxeter. It’s definitely a bit quirky! Table of Contents 1. The Bank House Uttoxeter: Address and Telephone Number2. The Bank House Uttoxeter: Directions3. The Bank House Uttoxeter: Parking4. Checking In at The Bank House Uttoxeter5.… Read More »The Bank House Uttoxeter Review: Quirky Hotel In City Centre with Friendly Pigeons
- Holiday Inn Luton Airport Review: Great Value, Easy To Access – Ideal OvernightAre you looking for a great hotel that is minutes from Luton Airport? With comfy rooms and good prices? Then check out my review of a 1 night stay at the Holiday Inn Luton Airport including a video room tour. 1. Holiday Inn Luton Airport Location The address of the Holiday Inn Luton Airport is; London… Read More »Holiday Inn Luton Airport Review: Great Value, Easy To Access – Ideal Overnight
- Sleeperz Dundee Review: Fab City Break Hotel Opp. V&AIs Sleeperz Dundee Good for a City Break? Sleeperz Dundee is a great option for a city break. It’s opposite the V&A Museum, opposite HMS Dundee and it’s right over the train station. It is easy to walk to the city centre attractions, restaurants and cafes too. It’s got modern rooms and a nice bar… Read More »Sleeperz Dundee Review: Fab City Break Hotel Opp. V&A
- Brodie Castle Review: A Quirky Castle & A Fabulous Play AreaThinking of visiting Brodie Castle? You should because it really is a lovely spot. With lovely grounds to walk in, a quirky castle, cute cafe and a fabulous play area what’s not to like? Check out this guide for all you need to know 1. Brodie Castle: Address and Telephone Number Brodie Castle address is;… Read More »Brodie Castle Review: A Quirky Castle & A Fabulous Play Area
- Hilton Aberdeen TECA Review: Great For the Airport & EventsLooking for a real guest review of the Hilton Aberdeen Teca? Check out this review, including a video tour of a bedroom, from a 1 night stay in July 2021 Included in the review are details of the car parking, facilities and getting to the Hilton Aberdeen Teca. Table of Contents 1. Hilton Aberdeen Teca:… Read More »Hilton Aberdeen TECA Review: Great For the Airport & Events
- Lonsdale House Bowness – A Quirky, Fun & Great StayAre you looking for somewhere to stay in Bowness on Windemere? If so check out this review of Lonsdale House Bowness, a great hotel located just at the top of the main street in Bowness, within easy reach of all the attractions. Londsdale House Bowness – A Great Stay A very memorable stay with lots… Read More »Lonsdale House Bowness – A Quirky, Fun & Great Stay
- Fabulous Forres Self Catering Holiday CottageTable of Contents Looking for a Forres self catering holiday cottage?Forres Self Catering Cottage – Booking Wee GemForres Self Catering – Pre-Arrival InformationArriving at A Wee Gem Forres Self Catering Holiday CottageWee Gem Forres Holiday Cottage Facilities Looking for a Forres self catering holiday cottage? Dog friendly? Rural countryside location? Easy access to Forres? Surrounded… Read More »Fabulous Forres Self Catering Holiday Cottage
- Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira – Fab Algarve Hotel With Amazing LocationAre you looking for a great hotel in Albufeira? Right on the beach? With great facilities? Well fab. You are in the right place. Check out my review of a the 4 Star Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira. 1. Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira – Location The Sol E Mar is located in Albufeira. This… Read More »Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira – Fab Algarve Hotel With Amazing Location
- Vidamar Resort Algarve Review – Fantastic Resort Hotel in Fab LocationAre you looking for a great resort styled hotel with everything in one place? Then check out my review of a 3 night stay at the Vidamar Resort Algarve. It’s a lovely hotel, with great rooms, plus spa facilities, beach access and a choice of restaurants. 1. Vidamar Resort Algarve – Address The address of… Read More »Vidamar Resort Algarve Review – Fantastic Resort Hotel in Fab Location
- Vilamoura Holiday Review: Top Tips and Info To Help You PlanAre you considering a Vilamoura holiday? Well that’s great to hear – it’s a lovely destination and I enjoyed a lovely holiday there. Read on for everything I learned during my holiday in Vilamoura including things to do, a fabulous circular drive and two great hotels that I stayed in. First off let’s deal with… Read More »Vilamoura Holiday Review: Top Tips and Info To Help You Plan
- Village Hotel Solihull – Great Resort Style Hotel Nr AirportLooking to stay at the Village Hotel Solihull? It’s in a great location for Birmingham airport and has a restaurant, coffee shop, gym and spa as well. Check out this review of a 3 night stay. I chose to stay at the Village Hotel Solihull for 3 nights because I was on a leisure trip… Read More »Village Hotel Solihull – Great Resort Style Hotel Nr Airport
- Ibis Birmingham New Street – Great Location in the City CentreAre you looking for a hotel within easy access of Birmingham New Street station? Are you looking for a city centre hotel with parking nearby? Want to be close to the Birmingham Hippodrome, the Chinese Quarter, the Bullring market? Well the Ibis Birmingham New Street is in a great location for you. Check out my… Read More »Ibis Birmingham New Street – Great Location in the City Centre
- Ibis Birmingham Airport – Budget Hotel ReviewAre you looking for a good budget priced hotel? This Ibis Birmingham Airport is located just across from the terminal. It’s just a short walk away and has great prices available. Check out my review of a one night stay. Ibis Birmingham Airport I stayed at the Ibis Budget Birmingham for one night, a Sunday,… Read More »Ibis Birmingham Airport – Budget Hotel Review
- Sofitel London Gatwick – Great Hotel for Layovers & OvernightsAre you looking for a handily located Gatwick hotel? The Sofitel London Gatwick is linked by a walkway to the North Terminal. It’s super convenient and great for an overnight stay. It’s also great for layovers or even to relax in the lounge area. Sofitel London Gatwick I have stayed at the Sofitel London Gatwick… Read More »Sofitel London Gatwick – Great Hotel for Layovers & Overnights
- Suitel Bosphorus Taksim – 3 Night Stay Review Solo Female StayLooking to stay in Istanbul? Check out my review of the Suitel Bosphorus Taksim. I booked a stay at the Suitel Bosphorus Taksim for 4 nights in late October 2019/early November 2019. It was my first visit to Istanbul, a city I had wanted to visit for a long time. The pictures on the internet… Read More »Suitel Bosphorus Taksim – 3 Night Stay Review Solo Female Stay
- Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel – Fab Airport Hotel With RestaurantAre you looking to stay beside Sabiha Gokcen airport? Check out my review of the ISG Sabiha Gokcen Airport hotel – it’s a lovely hotel, with great rooms and just a short shuttle (free) ride to the airport. The Sabiha Gokcen Airport hotel is actually an onsite hotel called the ISG Airport Hotel. I stayed… Read More »Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel – Fab Airport Hotel With Restaurant
- Inverness Airport Hotel Review: Right Next to the Terminal!Looking to stay at the Inverness airport hotel? Then check out this review of a 1 night stay. It includes a video tour of the room and views from the room which were of the runway! Read on for everything you need to know and to find the best prices available online for this great… Read More »Inverness Airport Hotel Review: Right Next to the Terminal!
- Village Hotel Aberdeen – Resort Hotel in Aberdeen OutskirtsAre you looking for a nice hotel located out of Aberdeen city centre? Somewhere with plenty of free parking and easy access? The Village Hotel Aberdeen is ideal for you if this is the case. Check out this one night review. (Please note that our stay was in the very early days of Covid19 restrictions… Read More »Village Hotel Aberdeen – Resort Hotel in Aberdeen Outskirts
- Cheap Hotels Near Gatwick – Real Reviews of 5 Gatwick HotelsLooking for cheap hotels near Gatwick? Great then this post is for you. Below you will find details of 5 cheap hotels near Gatwick, 4 on site and 1 off site all of which I have stayed in while travelling as a Tour Manager for holiday companies. At the bottom of the page you will… Read More »Cheap Hotels Near Gatwick – Real Reviews of 5 Gatwick Hotels
- Inverness Airport Lounge Review: Super Friendly and Fab To UseLooking to use Inverness airport lounge? It’s a regular stop for me and a great way to start a flight. Check out this guide to the facilities available at Inverness Airport lounge. Table of Contents 1. Inverness Airport Lounge Location2. Inverness Airport Lounge Facilities3. Inverness Airport Lounge Toilet Facilities4. Using Inverness Airport Lounge5. Delayed Flights… Read More »Inverness Airport Lounge Review: Super Friendly and Fab To Use