Ibis Birmingham New Street – A Great City Centre Hotel
Why Stay at the Ibis Birmingham New Street?
It’s close to New Street station. It has parking nearby. It’s close to the Birmingham Hippodrome, Chinese Quarter and the Bullring Market.
Are you looking for a hotel within easy access of Birmingham New Street station?
Check out my review of a one night stay in March 2019.
Find the best prices available on the internet easily.
1. Getting to the Ibis Birmingham New Street Station
It’s around a 10 minute walk from Birmingham New Street Station to the Ibis Birmingham New Street hotel.
The map shows the route I took which seemed fairly simple.
The address of the Ibis Birmingham New Street is;
Arcadian Centre, 21 Ladywell Walk, Birmingham B5 4ST
The telephone number of the hotel is 0121 619 9000
2. Arriving at the Ibis Birmingham New Street Hotel
- The reception team were warm and welcoming.
- The hotel has a large open reception area with seating, a pool table and modern decor and fittings.
- Behind reception is the seating area for breakfast.
- Checking in was straightforward.
- To the right of reception are two lifts to the bedrooms. You need a key card to access the lift.
3. My Room at the Ibis Birmingham New Street
- The hotel room was quite compact, which wasn’t surprising given the city centre location of the hotel.
- The bed was large and comfortable.
- The linen was nice and fresh with nice pillows.
- There was a TV mounted on the wall.
- There were tea and coffee making facilities.
- There was a small en suite shower room.
- There was a hairdryer.
- There was plenty of storage space for luggage and clothing.
4. Ibis Birmingham New Street Review – What I Liked
- The price was good value given this hotel was in the city centre – it was about £55 for the night
- The location was good – it was about a 10 minute walk from New Street Station
- There were extra pillows available in the room
- The shower was nice and powerful and there were nice clean towels
- It was located right opposite the Chinese Quarter – the restaurant I planned to eat in was just across the road
- The hairdryer was a nice powerful one
5. Ibis Birmingham New Street – What I Liked Less
- The room was very stuffy. I was on the third floor and there was a unit for hot or cold air but it wouldn’t dispense cold air at all. This meant I had to leave the window open to get any fresh air into the room which meant there was also quite a bit of noise.
- This hotel is surrounded by clubs, restaurants etc so I think there would be noise whichever part of the hotel you stayed in.
- There was no plug beside the bed but thankfully my long cable meant I could use the wall socket
- The television signal kept coming and going – it seemed to be a digital service that was picking up interference
Want to Stay at the Ibis Birmingham New Street?
6. Nearest Car Parking to Ibis Birmingham New Street
There is a car park just across from the Ibis Birmingham New Street.
Its address is;
B5 4RT Birmingham
It’s open 24 hours a day with parking charges as follows;
Monday – Sunday
- Up to 30 min: £1.00
- Up to 1 hour: £2.80
- Up to 2 hours: £5.30
- Up to 3 hours: £8.30
- Up to 4 hours: £10.50
- Up to 6 hours: £13.00
- Up to 8 hours: £15.50
- Up to 12 hours: £18.00
- Up to 24 hours: £22.00
There is also a large car park at the Arcadian Shopping Centre.
Its address is;
The Arcadian Centre,
Bromsgrove Street, Birmingham
The parking charges are;
- Up to 1 Hour £3.50
Up to 3 Hours £6.50
Up to 5 Hours £7.50
Up to 8 Hours £12.00
Up to 10 Hours £15.00
Up to 12 Hours £17.50
12 Hours to 24 Hours £20.00
- Theatre Rate (17.00 – 02.00) £7.50
7. Other Hotels that Are Near to Ibis Birmingham New Street
Comfort Inn Birmingham – Very Close to the Station
Holiday Inn Birmingham
Radisson Blu Birmingham
8. What’s Nearby To the Ibis Birmingham New Street?
Check out my review of my Birmingham break. I visited the oldest cinema in the UK and had a great Chinese meal, plus there is an interesting coffin museum!
Birmingham may seem like an unusual place for a break but there is quite a lot to do in the city. It is often quoted as having more canals than Venice, and these can often provide an alternative view of the city from the main streets.
There are a large number of museums in Birmingham, all helpfully linked together at a central Birmingham Museum’s website.
There is everything from castles to science museums to enjoy.
If you are travelling with kids, or a big kid yourself, you might like ThinkTank, a science museum which includes a planetarium. It has a Science garden and also does dinners and treasure hunts!
Aston Hall is a Jacobean House, with gorgeous interiors and exterior to enjoy as well as a cafe and of course a museum shop.
Sarehole Mill is an old watermill in a beautiful setting. It has links to the author J R R Tolkien. The Mill also produces mill and has a pizza cafe serving pizzas in the courtyard so a great place to get something to eat as well.
The Museum of the Jewellery Quarter is an old jewellery workshop. You can learn how jewellery has been made in Birmingham for many years with demonstrations.
For something a little more unusual, and perhaps a bit spooky, why not check out the abandoned Curzon Street Station. This lonely building dates from 1838 but has been unused as a railway station since 1966. It’s had various uses since then but now makes a somewhat lonely sight in Birmingham.
For more ideas check out my Birmingham Break article.
There are loads of things to do in Birmingham why not check out the top activities?
9. Quickly Find the Best Prices in Birmingham With Map Search
10. Top Hotel Deals in Birmingham
If you have found my article on the Ibis Birmingham New Street useful you might also like;
Birmingham Break article which covers things to do in the city
You can find lots of other trip and hotel reviews on my Travel Inspiration page
- Days Inn Lockerbie Review and Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click to get the best price for your stay at the Days Inn Lockerbie 1. Days Inn Lockerbie Address The address of the hotel is; Roadchef Annandale Water, Lockerbie, DG11 1HD 2. Days Inn Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0844 225 0789 3. Getting to the Days Inn Lockerbie Days Inn … Read more
- Cairn Hotel Bathgate Review and Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click to get the best price for your stay at the Cairn Hotel Bathgate 1. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Address The address of the hotel is; Blackburn Road, Bathgate, EH48 2EL 2. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 01506 633366 3. Getting to the Cairn Hotel Getting to the hotel … Read more
- Travelodge Central Edinburgh Review And Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click to get the best price for your stay at the Travelodge Central Edinburgh 1. Travelodge Central Edinburgh Address The address of the hotel is; 33 St Marys Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1TA 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0871 984 6137 3. Getting from Waverley Station to the Hotel The easiest … Read more
- Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click below to quickly find the best price for your stay at the Holyrood Hotel 1. Holyrood Hotel Address The address of the Holyrood Hotel is; 81 Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh, EH8 8AU 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0131 528 8000 3. Getting from Edinburgh Waverley Station to the Holyrood Hotel … Read more
- Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click to get the best price for your stay at the Lerwick Hotel 1. Lerwick Hotel Address The address of the Lerwick Hotel is; 15 South Road, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PX 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; +44 (1595) 692166 3. Getting from Sumburgh Airport to the Lerwick Hotel It is … Read more
- Visit Shetland – A Stunning Destination Any Time of the YearPlanning to Visit Shetland? Shetland is an amazing place to visit. It is very different from the rest of Scotland. It has its own very distinct culture, language, food, landscape, and history. There is a great deal to see and enjoy when visiting. Visit Shetland 2. Where Do You Fly From to Get To Shetland? There … Read more
- Alicante Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your Trip 🇪🇸Thinking of an Alicante holiday? You should it’s a great destination that offers great value too. Alicante is a coastal and port town located on the South Coast of Spain. It is in the Costa Blanca area, which refers to the coastline and it’s a popular tourist destination. It has a population of around 350,000 … Read more
- Algarve Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your Trip 🇵🇹Are you planning an Algarve holiday? You should – it’s a wonderful destination. The Algarve is located along the Southern edge of Portugal. It has a fabulous coastline, huge sandy beaches, great places to visit and it’s very easy to travel to from UK. The Algarve is suitable for family holidays, solo trips, golfing holidays, … Read more
- 6 Handpicked Hotels in Riga – From Budget to Luxury 🇱🇻Looking for Hotels In Riga? Wondering where to stay? Check out this guide and find your perfect stay from these hotels in Riga. Hotels in Riga – Airport Hotels If you need to stay close to the airport then you have two choices – the Sky High Hotel or the Hampton by Hilton. Hotels in … Read more