Can You Walk From Sofitel to Gatwick North Terminal?
Yes, you can – very easily. There is a covered walkway that connects the hotel with the terminal building so it is only a few minutes walk. If you need to go to the South Terminal just take the free shuttle train from the North Terminal.
Are you looking for a handily located Gatwick hotel?
The Sofitel Gatwick is linked by a walkway to the North Terminal.
It’s super convenient and great for an overnight stay.
It’s also great for layovers or even to relax in the lounge area.
I have stayed at the Sofitel Gatwick number of times. It is one of my favourite Gatwick hotels.
I have stayed overnight and also used it for day use in between flights.
- The hotel has 4.5 out of 5 from over 41,000 reviews, so it sounds like plenty of other guests like it too.
- Since I stayed the hotel has been refurbished and it looks even lovelier with modern furnishings and a modern bright feel.
- Check in is from 2pm and check out is by midday.
- There are 2 bars and 3 restaurants on site.
- La Brasserie is open every day from 18:00 to 22:30 for evening meals. This restaurant has two Rosettes and is described as having a modern British menu with French accents.
- La Terrasse Bar is open for lighter meals for lunch and in the evening. It is also open for drinks including coffee throughout the day.
- There is a business centre at the hotel
- There is a cash machine at the hotel.
- The hotel has 518 rooms.
- I have always found the porters at this hotel particularly friendly and helpful.
Things I Liked About the Sofitel Gatwick
- The location is great and it is very easy to reach the Sofitel London Gatwick. Just follow the signs directly from the North Terminal and head along a covered walkway to get directly to the hotel. Easy peasy.
- I love the central atrium – it is light and airy and a great place to spend time with a coffee even if you are not staying at the hotel.
- Dayrooms are available at this hotel – I have always found the cheapest deals through the specialised dayuse website.
- Breakfast has an extensive selection on the buffet which is a great way to start a day travelling. I loved the little juice shots and having a nice relaxed graze while reading the paper.
- The beds are really comfy, with lovely linens.
- The rooms are a nice size, with nice fittings and furnishings.
- The bathrooms are good-sized and well equipped with nice fluffy towels.
- There is a little cafe in the atrium and a couple of other choices of places to eat. I have only eaten breakfast there.
- The Sofitel is my hotel of choice at Gatwick if I have a bit more time to linger and enjoy the facilities.
Things I Liked Less About the Sofitel Gatwick
- Rooms overlooking the atrium can experience some noise and you cannot have your curtains open so easily depending on where your room is located.
- Sometimes check in can be busy but it’s a busy hotel in a busy airport.
FAQ’s about Sofitel Gatwick
Which Terminal is Sofitel London Gatwick?
It is linked to the North Terminal by a covered walkway – just follow the signs from the North Terminal. There is a slight incline in the walkway but nothing that wheeled luggage can’t deal with!
Is there parking at Sofitel London Gatwick?
There is on-site parking available at the Sofitel. They offer paid parking and valet parking.
What time is breakfast at Sofitel London Gatwick?
Continental breakfast is available from 5 am and a full breakfast service starts at 6.30 am. Continental is £15.3 per person and full breakfast £17.30. It is an extensive buffet with a wide range of hot and cold options including smoothie shots.
Does Sofitel London Gatwick have a swimming pool?
No, but there is a 24-hour gym on site.
Which Gatwick hotels are connected to the North Terminal?
The only hotel connected to Gatwick North Terminal is the Sofitel. It is connected by a covered walkway. Just follow the signs from the terminal building.
Want to Stay at the Sofitel London Gatwick?
Other Hotels Near the Sofitel Gatwick North Terminal
Hampton by Hilton Gatwick Airport
If you have found my Sofitel Gatwick article useful then you might also like;
Cheap hotels near Gatwick – a review of onsite and on-airport campus hotels
Gatwick Airport Facilities – a review of what is at Gatwick airport
You can find lots more articles and reviews on my Travel Inspiration page
- Pitlochry Hydro Hotel – Video Room Review and Helpful TipsAre you thinking of visiting Pitlochry? Looking for somewhere to stay that has free parking but is within easy reach of the High Street? Looking for somewhere with a pool and spa facilities, restaurant and lift? The Pitlochry Hydro has all of those things, alongwith a bar and a pool room and a couple of… Read More »Pitlochry Hydro Hotel – Video Room Review and Helpful Tips
- Enchanted Forest – First Time Visit Review & Helpful TipsAre you planning a visit to the Enchanted Forest? The Daily Record described the Enchanted Forest as a “mesmerizing underwater voyage of discovery” After our visit, I would say that’s a very accurate description. Read on to learn everything you need to know to plan your trip in 2024. Enchanted Forest – Summary of Visit… Read More »Enchanted Forest – First Time Visit Review & Helpful Tips
- Days Inn Lockerbie Review and Helpful Tips for Your StayThinking of staying at the Days Inn Lockerbie? It’s a handy location right beside the M74. There is free parking at the front of the hotel and a lovely duck pond and green area to the rear. The hotel is right beside the service area which has a restaurant, McDonalds, breakfast takeaway and shop selling… Read More »Days Inn Lockerbie Review and Helpful Tips for Your Stay
- Cairn Hotel Bathgate Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Cairn Hotel Bathgate 1. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Address The address of the hotel is; Blackburn Road, Bathgate, EH48 2EL 2. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 01506 633366 3. Getting to the Cairn Hotel Getting to the hotel… Read More »Cairn Hotel Bathgate Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Travelodge Central Edinburgh Review And Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Travelodge Central Edinburgh 1. Travelodge Central Edinburgh Address The address of the hotel is; 33 St Marys Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1TA 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0871 984 6137 3. Getting from Waverley Station to the Hotel The easiest… Read More »Travelodge Central Edinburgh Review And Helpful Things to Know
- Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick below to quickly find the best price for your stay at the Holyrood Hotel 1. Holyrood Hotel Address The address of the Holyrood Hotel is; 81 Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh, EH8 8AU 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0131 528 8000 3. Getting from Edinburgh Waverley Station to the Holyrood Hotel… Read More »Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Lerwick Hotel 1. Lerwick Hotel Address The address of the Lerwick Hotel is; 15 South Road, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PX 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; +44 (1595) 692166 3. Getting from Sumburgh Airport to the Lerwick Hotel It is… Read More »Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Visit Shetland – A Stunning Destination Any Time of the YearPlanning to Visit Shetland? Shetland is an amazing place to visit. It is very different from the rest of Scotland. It has its own very distinct culture, language, food, landscape, and history. There is a great deal to see and enjoy when visiting. Visit Shetland 2. Where Do You Fly From to Get To Shetland? There… Read More »Visit Shetland – A Stunning Destination Any Time of the Year
- Alicante Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your TripThinking of an Alicante holiday? You should it’s a great destination that offers great value too. Alicante is a coastal and port town located on the South Coast of Spain. It is in the Costa Blanca area, which refers to the coastline and it’s a popular tourist destination. It has a population of around 350,000… Read More »Alicante Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your Trip