Sofitel London Gatwick
I have stayed at the Sofitel London Gatwick number of times. It is one of my favourite Gatwick hotels.
I have stayed overnight and also used it for day use inbetween flights.
- The hotel has 4.5 out of 5 from over 41,000 reviews, so it sounds like plenty of other guests like it too.
- Since I stayed the hotel has been refurbished and it looks even lovelier with modern furnishings and a modern bright feel.
- Check in is from 2pm and check out is by midday.
- There are 2 bars and 3 restaurants on site.
- La Brasserie is open every day from 18:00 to 22:30 for evening meals. This restaurant has two Rosettes and is described as a modern British menu with French accents.
- La Terrasse Bar is open for ligher meals for lunch and in the evening. It is also open for drinks including coffees throughout the day.
- There is a business centre at the hotel
- There is a cash machine at the hotel.
- The hotel has 518 rooms.
- I have always found the porters at this hotel particularly friendly and helpful.
Things I Liked About the Sofitel London Gatwick
- The location is great and it is very easy to reach the Sofitel London Gatiwck. Just follow the signs directly from the North Terminal and head along a covered walkway to get directly to the hotel. Easy peasy.
- I love the central atrium – it is light and airy and a great place to spend time with a coffee even if you are not staying at the hotel.
- Dayrooms are available at this hotel – I have always found the cheapest deals through the specialised dayuse website.
- Breakfast has an extensive selection on the buffet which is a great way to start a day travelling. I loved the little juice shots and having a nice relaxed graze while reading the paper.
- The beds are really comfy, with lovely linens.
- The rooms are a nice size, with nice fittings and furnishings.
- The bathrooms are a good sized and well equipped with nice fluffy towels.
- There is a little cafe in the atrium and a couple of other choices of places to eat. I have only eaten breakfast there.
- The Sofitel is my hotel of choice at Gatwick if I have a bit more time to linger and enjoy the facilities.
Things I Liked Less
- Rooms overlooking the atrium can experience some noise and you cannot have your curtains open so easily depending on where your room is located.
- Sometimes check in can be busy but it’s a busy hotel in a busy airport.
FAQ’s about Sofitel Gatwick
Which Terminal is Sofitel Gatwick?
It is linked to the North Terminal by a covered walkway – just follow the signs from the North Terminal. There is a slight incline in the walkway but nothing that wheeled luggage can’t deal with!
Is there parking at Sofitel Gatwick?
There is on site parking available at the Sofitel. They offer paid parking and valet parking.
What time is breakfast at Sofitel Gatwick?
Continental breakfast is available from 5am and a full breakfast service starts at 6.30am. Continental is £15.3 per person and full breakfast £17.30. It is an extensive buffet with a wide range of hot and cold options including smoothie shots.
Does Sofitel Gatwick have a swimming pool?
No but there is a 24 hour gym on site.
Which Gatwick hotels are connected to the North Terminal?
The only hotel connected to Gatwick North Terminal is the Sofitel. It is connected by a covered walkway. Just follow the signs from the terminal building.
Want to Stay at the Sofitel London Gatwick?
Check the prices at the Sofitel London Gatwick
Want More Information on Gatwick Airport?
Check out my guide to 10 Reasons Why I Love Gatwick Airport for more information about what’s available at the airport itself, particularly useful if you are staying overnight.
If you would like to read more airport hotel reviews then check out my reviews of all 5 Gatwick Hotels that I have stayed at in one place.
Hotel Reviewer Articles
- Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel, Istanbul – A great hotel beside the airport terminal
- Suitel Bosphorus Taksim, Istanbul – A somewhat different hotel stay in Istanbul
- Courtyard by Marriott, Inverness – The new Inverness Airport hotel
- Village Hotel, Aberdeen – Resort hotel located on a business park
- Gatwick Airport Hotels, London Gatwick – Reviews of several Gatwick hotels
- Ibis, Birmingham Airport – Great budget hotel very close to the airport terminal
- Ibis Birmingham – Good city centre hotel beside the Chinese Quarter
- Vidamar Resort, Algarve – Resort hotel with dine around meals
- Hotel Sol E Mar, Albufeira – Hotel right on the beach at Albufeira
- Vilamoura Holidays – Reviews of the two lovely Vilamoura Hotels in the Algarve
If you are interested in how to find the cheapest hotel deals then check out my guide to cheap hotels booking