Are you looking for a handily located Gatwick hotel?
The Sofitel London Gatwick is linked by a walkway to the North Terminal.
It’s super convenient and great for an overnight stay.
It’s also great for layovers or even to relax in the lounge area.
I have stayed overnight and also used it for day use inbetween flights.
- The hotel has 4.5 out of 5 from over 41,000 reviews, so it sounds like plenty of other guests like it too.
- Since I stayed the hotel has been refurbished and it looks even lovelier with modern furnishings and a modern bright feel.
- Check in is from 2pm and check out is by midday.
- There are 2 bars and 3 restaurants on site.
- La Brasserie is open every day from 18:00 to 22:30 for evening meals. This restaurant has two Rosettes and is described as a modern British menu with French accents.
- La Terrasse Bar is open for ligher meals for lunch and in the evening. It is also open for drinks including coffees throughout the day.
- There is a business centre at the hotel
- There is a cash machine at the hotel.
- The hotel has 518 rooms.
- I have always found the porters at this hotel particularly friendly and helpful.
Things I Liked About the Sofitel London Gatwick
- The location is great and it is very easy to reach the Sofitel London Gatiwck. Just follow the signs directly from the North Terminal and head along a covered walkway to get directly to the hotel. Easy peasy.
- I love the central atrium – it is light and airy and a great place to spend time with a coffee even if you are not staying at the hotel.
- Dayrooms are available at this hotel – I have always found the cheapest deals through the specialised dayuse website.
- Breakfast has an extensive selection on the buffet which is a great way to start a day travelling. I loved the little juice shots and having a nice relaxed graze while reading the paper.
- The beds are really comfy, with lovely linens.
- The rooms are a nice size, with nice fittings and furnishings.
- The bathrooms are a good sized and well equipped with nice fluffy towels.
- There is a little cafe in the atrium and a couple of other choices of places to eat. I have only eaten breakfast there.
- The Sofitel is my hotel of choice at Gatwick if I have a bit more time to linger and enjoy the facilities.
Things I Liked Less About the Sofitel London Gatwick
- Rooms overlooking the atrium can experience some noise and you cannot have your curtains open so easily depending on where your room is located.
- Sometimes check in can be busy but it’s a busy hotel in a busy airport.
FAQ’s about Sofitel London Gatwick
Which Terminal is Sofitel London Gatwick?
It is linked to the North Terminal by a covered walkway – just follow the signs from the North Terminal. There is a slight incline in the walkway but nothing that wheeled luggage can’t deal with!
Is there parking at Sofitel London Gatwick?
There is on site parking available at the Sofitel. They offer paid parking and valet parking.
What time is breakfast at Sofitel London Gatwick?
Continental breakfast is available from 5am and a full breakfast service starts at 6.30am. Continental is £15.3 per person and full breakfast £17.30. It is an extensive buffet with a wide range of hot and cold options including smoothie shots.
Does Sofitel London Gatwick have a swimming pool?
No but there is a 24 hour gym on site.
Which Gatwick hotels are connected to the North Terminal?
The only hotel connected to Gatwick North Terminal is the Sofitel. It is connected by a covered walkway. Just follow the signs from the terminal building.
Want to Stay at the Sofitel London Gatwick?
If you have found my Sofitel London Gatwick article useful then you might be interested in my cheap hotels near Gatwick article of interest.
- Hilton Aberdeen Teca – Airport and City Hotel
- Lonsdale House Bowness – A Quirky, Fun & Great Stay
- Fabulous Forres Self Catering Holiday Cottage
- Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira – Fab Hotel With Amazing Location
- Vidamar Resort Algarve – Fantastic Resort Hotel in Fab Location
- Vilamoura Holiday – 2 Great Hotels & Things To D
- Village Hotel, Solihull – 3 Night Stay Review Including Video
- Ibis Birmingham New Street – What It’s Like & What’s Nearby
- Ibis Birmingham Airport – Budget Hotel Review
- Sofitel London Gatwick – Great Hotel for Layovers & Overnights
- Courtyard by Marriott Inverness – Great Hotel Next to the Airport
- Suitel Bosphorus Taksim – 3 Night Stay Review Solo Female Stay
- Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel – Fab Airport Hotel With Restaurant
- Inverness Airport Hotel – Great Location & Runway Views
- Village Hotel Aberdeen – Resort Hotel in Aberdeen Outskirts
- Cheap Hotels Near Gatwick – Real Reviews of 5 Gatwick Hotels
- Inverness Airport Lounge – One of the Best & Super Friendly
Melanie uses her coach holiday expertise to help people find their perfect coach holiday.
Her years of travel experience means she can help people travel smarter with professional travel tips.
Having spent over 10 years in hotels Melanie is an expert guest and is now using her experience as a hotel consultant – helping hotels improve their group stay experience, and holiday companies to have even happier travellers.
As a newbie to solo travel Melanie is also sharing trip reports to help other female travellers experience this amazing way to seeing the world.