Click to get the best price for your stay at the Lerwick Hotel
1. Lerwick Hotel Address
The address of the Lerwick Hotel is;
15 South Road, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PX
2. Phone Number
The telephone number of the hotel is;
+44 (1595) 692166
3. Getting from Sumburgh Airport to the Lerwick Hotel
It is 25 miles from Sumburgh Airport to the hotel. Take the main road, A970, and head North to Lerwick. When you come into Lerwick go straight over at the first and second roundabouts you cross. At the second roundabout you will see Tesco on your right hand side.
Turn right for the Lerwick Hotel just opposite the Gilbert Bain hospital which will be on your left hand side. It looks like you are going into a doctors surgery – the hotel is at the back of this building.
4. Hotel Parking
The hotel does not have any parking available on site. There is some street parking nearby.
5. Checking In
On entering from the car park there are 2 large glass doors.
The reception is just inside on the right hand side.
All the bedrooms are through the door just past reception, either up a half flight of stairs or down a half flight of stairs.
6. Lerwick Hotel Facilities
- The Lerwick Hotel as 34 bedrooms
- Free WIFI is available for all guests
- The hotel has two bars and an onsite restaurant
- There are toilets on the ground floor (reception area)
- The hotel website says there is a room service menu available, and also a room service menu available 24 hours a day for guests. It might be worth checking this as this service stopped during Covid19.
7. Lerwick Hotel Breakfast Times
- Monday to Friday 7am – 9.30am
8. Lerwick Hotel Restaurant and Menu
The onsite Bay Brasserie restaurant enjoys lovely views across the bay and sea.
It is open for lunch from 12-2pm Monday to Saturday and 12.15-2pm on Sundays
Here is the Lerwick Hotel Lunch Menu
For evening meals it is open from 5.30-9pm Monday to Saturday and 5-9pm on Sundays
Here is the Lerwick Hotel Dinner Menu
The Lerwick Hotel also has a bar called the Club Lounge. This is a nice area to relax with a drink, or a book. It’s just to the left hand side of reception
9. Lerwick Hotel – Video Room Tour
10. Lerwick Hotel – What’s Nearby
The hotel overlooks the bay and looks across to Bressay. There is a coastal walk around an area called The Knab. You can see the remains of a torpedo firing point there.
Tesco Supermarket is 5-10 minutes walk away. This store has an ATM.
There is also a burger van in the car park. It’s the JK Mainland Burger van is open every day from 8.30am to 2pm, apart from Sunday when it is open from 10am to 2pm.
Further round the bay past the Tesco store is an upmarket cafe overlooking the sea. Fjara Coffee is open from 8am to 10pm every day, apart from Sunday when it is open 9am to 5pm and Monday when it is closed. Check out the Fjara Coffee website and menus
Opposite the Tesco store is Clickminin Broch. There are remains on this site from 1,000 BC. The tower is pretty high still. Originally this broch was on a small island and most likely used for defence before later being used as a residence. Clickminin is unusual because there are footprints in one of the stones as you approach the Broch. Learn more about Clickminin Broch
11. Lerwick Hotel – Professional Traveller Summary
- The location is good with some nice walks along the Knab headland from the hotel and views across the bay.
- It is around a 20 minute walk into Commerical Street in Lerwick from the hotel.
- Rooms are comfortable with an older style of furnishing and decor.
- Some rooms have sea views and some have car park views.
- Reviews score cleanliness and facilities lower on Tripadvisor, with the hotel described as pleasant.
12. Find A Great Online Price for the Lerwick Hotel
13. Find Hotel Deals in Lerwick Quickly With Map View
14. Check Out These Great Hotel Deals in the Area
If you have found my review of the Lerwick Hotel useful you might also like;
Visit Shetland – an overview of the places to visit in Shetland to help you plan
10 Reasons to Stay at the Busta House Hotel – the best hotel in Shetland
For more trip ideas check out my Travel Inspiration page
Other Articles You Might Like
- Pitlochry Hydro Hotel – Video Room Review and Helpful TipsAre you thinking of visiting Pitlochry? Looking for somewhere to stay that has free parking but is within easy reach of the High Street? Looking for somewhere with a pool and spa facilities, restaurant and lift? The Pitlochry Hydro has all of those things, alongwith a bar and a pool room and a couple of… Read More »Pitlochry Hydro Hotel – Video Room Review and Helpful Tips
- Enchanted Forest – First Time Visit Review & Helpful TipsAre you planning a visit to the Enchanted Forest? The Daily Record described the Enchanted Forest as a “mesmerizing underwater voyage of discovery” After our visit, I would say that’s a very accurate description. Read on to learn everything you need to know to plan your trip in 2024. Enchanted Forest – Summary of Visit… Read More »Enchanted Forest – First Time Visit Review & Helpful Tips
- Days Inn Lockerbie Review and Helpful Tips for Your StayThinking of staying at the Days Inn Lockerbie? It’s a handy location right beside the M74. There is free parking at the front of the hotel and a lovely duck pond and green area to the rear. The hotel is right beside the service area which has a restaurant, McDonalds, breakfast takeaway and shop selling… Read More »Days Inn Lockerbie Review and Helpful Tips for Your Stay
- Cairn Hotel Bathgate Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Cairn Hotel Bathgate 1. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Address The address of the hotel is; Blackburn Road, Bathgate, EH48 2EL 2. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 01506 633366 3. Getting to the Cairn Hotel Getting to the hotel… Read More »Cairn Hotel Bathgate Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Travelodge Central Edinburgh Review And Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Travelodge Central Edinburgh 1. Travelodge Central Edinburgh Address The address of the hotel is; 33 St Marys Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1TA 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0871 984 6137 3. Getting from Waverley Station to the Hotel The easiest… Read More »Travelodge Central Edinburgh Review And Helpful Things to Know
- Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick below to quickly find the best price for your stay at the Holyrood Hotel 1. Holyrood Hotel Address The address of the Holyrood Hotel is; 81 Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh, EH8 8AU 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0131 528 8000 3. Getting from Edinburgh Waverley Station to the Holyrood Hotel… Read More »Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Lerwick Hotel 1. Lerwick Hotel Address The address of the Lerwick Hotel is; 15 South Road, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PX 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; +44 (1595) 692166 3. Getting from Sumburgh Airport to the Lerwick Hotel It is… Read More »Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Visit Shetland – A Stunning Destination Any Time of the YearPlanning to Visit Shetland? Shetland is an amazing place to visit. It is very different from the rest of Scotland. It has its own very distinct culture, language, food, landscape, and history. There is a great deal to see and enjoy when visiting. Visit Shetland 2. Where Do You Fly From to Get To Shetland? There… Read More »Visit Shetland – A Stunning Destination Any Time of the Year
- Alicante Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your TripThinking of an Alicante holiday? You should it’s a great destination that offers great value too. Alicante is a coastal and port town located on the South Coast of Spain. It is in the Costa Blanca area, which refers to the coastline and it’s a popular tourist destination. It has a population of around 350,000… Read More »Alicante Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your Trip