Click to get the best price for your stay at the Lerwick Hotel
1. Lerwick Hotel Address
The address of the Lerwick Hotel is;
15 South Road, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PX
2. Phone Number
The telephone number of the hotel is;
+44 (1595) 692166
3. Getting from Sumburgh Airport to the Lerwick Hotel
It is 25 miles from Sumburgh Airport to the hotel. Take the main road, A970, and head North to Lerwick. When you come into Lerwick go straight over at the first and second roundabouts you cross. At the second roundabout you will see Tesco on your right hand side.
Turn right for the Lerwick Hotel just opposite the Gilbert Bain hospital which will be on your left hand side. It looks like you are going into a doctors surgery – the hotel is at the back of this building.
4. Hotel Parking
The hotel does not have any parking available on site. There is some street parking nearby.
5. Checking In
On entering from the car park there are 2 large glass doors.
The reception is just inside on the right hand side.
All the bedrooms are through the door just past reception, either up a half flight of stairs or down a half flight of stairs.
6. Lerwick Hotel Facilities
- The Lerwick Hotel as 34 bedrooms
- Free WIFI is available for all guests
- The hotel has two bars and an onsite restaurant
- There are toilets on the ground floor (reception area)
- The hotel website says there is a room service menu available, and also a room service menu available 24 hours a day for guests. It might be worth checking this as this service stopped during Covid19.
7. Lerwick Hotel Breakfast Times
- Monday to Friday 7am – 9.30am
8. Lerwick Hotel Restaurant and Menu
The onsite Bay Brasserie restaurant enjoys lovely views across the bay and sea.
It is open for lunch from 12-2pm Monday to Saturday and 12.15-2pm on Sundays
Here is the Lerwick Hotel Lunch Menu
For evening meals it is open from 5.30-9pm Monday to Saturday and 5-9pm on Sundays
Here is the Lerwick Hotel Dinner Menu
The Lerwick Hotel also has a bar called the Club Lounge. This is a nice area to relax with a drink, or a book. It’s just to the left hand side of reception
9. Lerwick Hotel – Video Room Tour
10. Lerwick Hotel – What’s Nearby
The hotel overlooks the bay and looks across to Bressay. There is a coastal walk around an area called The Knab. You can see the remains of a torpedo firing point there.
Tesco Supermarket is 5-10 minutes walk away. This store has an ATM.
There is also a burger van in the car park. It’s the JK Mainland Burger van is open every day from 8.30am to 2pm, apart from Sunday when it is open from 10am to 2pm.
Further round the bay past the Tesco store is an upmarket cafe overlooking the sea. Fjara Coffee is open from 8am to 10pm every day, apart from Sunday when it is open 9am to 5pm and Monday when it is closed. Check out the Fjara Coffee website and menus
Opposite the Tesco store is Clickminin Broch. There are remains on this site from 1,000 BC. The tower is pretty high still. Originally this broch was on a small island and most likely used for defence before later being used as a residence. Clickminin is unusual because there are footprints in one of the stones as you approach the Broch. Learn more about Clickminin Broch
11. Lerwick Hotel – Professional Traveller Summary
- The location is good with some nice walks along the Knab headland from the hotel and views across the bay.
- It is around a 20 minute walk into Commerical Street in Lerwick from the hotel.
- Rooms are comfortable with an older style of furnishing and decor.
- Some rooms have sea views and some have car park views.
- Reviews score cleanliness and facilities lower on Tripadvisor, with the hotel described as pleasant.
12. Find A Great Online Price for the Lerwick Hotel
13. Find Hotel Deals in Lerwick Quickly With Map View
14. Check Out These Great Hotel Deals in the Area
If you have found my review of the Lerwick Hotel useful you might also like;
Visit Shetland – an overview of the places to visit in Shetland to help you plan
10 Reasons to Stay at the Busta House Hotel – the best hotel in Shetland
For more trip ideas check out my Travel Inspiration page
Other Articles You Might Like
- Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know 🏴Click below to quickly find the best price for your stay at the Holyrood Hotel 1. Holyrood Hotel Address The address of the Holyrood Hotel is; 81 Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh, EH8 8AU 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0131 528 8000 3. Getting from Edinburgh Waverley Station to the Holyrood Hotel… Read More »Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know 🏴
- Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Lerwick Hotel 1. Lerwick Hotel Address The address of the Lerwick Hotel is; 15 South Road, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PX 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; +44 (1595) 692166 3. Getting from Sumburgh Airport to the Lerwick Hotel It is… Read More »Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Visit Shetland – A Stunning Destination Any Time of the YearPlanning to Visit Shetland? Shetland is an amazing place to visit. It is very different from the rest of Scotland. It has its own very distinct culture, language, food, landscape, and history. There is a great deal to see and enjoy when visiting. Visit Shetland 2. Where Do You Fly From to Get To Shetland? There… Read More »Visit Shetland – A Stunning Destination Any Time of the Year
- Alicante Holiday – What You Need to Know to Plan Your Trip 🇪🇸Thinking of an Alicante holiday? You should it’s a great destination that offers great value too. Alicante is a coastal and port town located on the South Coast of Spain. It is in the Costa Blanca area, which refers to the coastline and it’s a popular tourist destination. It has a population of around 350,000… Read More »Alicante Holiday – What You Need to Know to Plan Your Trip 🇪🇸
- 6 Handpicked Hotels in Riga – From Budget to Luxury 🇱🇻Looking for Hotels In Riga? Wondering where to stay? Check out this guide and find your perfect stay from these hotels in Riga. Hotels in Riga – Airport Hotels If you need to stay close to the airport then you have two choices – the Sky High Hotel or the Hampton by Hilton. Hotels in… Read More »6 Handpicked Hotels in Riga – From Budget to Luxury 🇱🇻
- 5 Interesting Things to Do in Riga – Plus How to Get Around 🇱🇻Planning on visiting Riga? Read on for some ideas of things to do in Riga, including a couple of free and a couple of paid options. There are also a couple of restaurant recommendations too. Riga public transport is really great value so keep reading to find out how to use it to get around.… Read More »5 Interesting Things to Do in Riga – Plus How to Get Around 🇱🇻
- 10 Reasons to Stay at the Lovely Busta House HotelI am lucky enough to have stayed at the lovely Busta House Hotel a number of times when taking tour groups to Shetland. It’s my favourite hotel on Shetland, and one of my favourite hotels anywhere. Here are 10 reasons you should stay at the Busta House Hotel too. 1. Busta House Hotel is Run… Read More »10 Reasons to Stay at the Lovely Busta House Hotel
- 26 Great Things to Do On Your Shetland HolidayConsidering a Shetland holiday? It’s a fantastic place to visit, with its own unique character. There is something about Shetland – whether that’s the people, the scenery, the wildlife, or the weather. It gets under your skin. Here are 26 things you might like to see on your Shetland Holiday. Shetland Holiday 1. Sumburgh Head… Read More »26 Great Things to Do On Your Shetland Holiday
- Campanile Glasgow – Helpful Things to Know Before You StayLooking to stay at the Campanile Glasgow? Check out this review, including a video room tour of a twin room. Pros My Review Score 😄 Cons Cost £79 twin room, no breakfast Campanile Glasgow – Find the Best Price Online Want to find the best price for the Campanile Glasgow super quickly? Just pop your… Read More »Campanile Glasgow – Helpful Things to Know Before You Stay