Click below to quickly find the best price for your stay at the Holyrood Hotel
1. Holyrood Hotel Address
The address of the Holyrood Hotel is;
81 Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh, EH8 8AU
2. Phone Number
The telephone number of the hotel is;
3. Getting from Edinburgh Waverley Station to the Holyrood Hotel
The easiest way to reach the hotel, especially if you have luggage, is to take the escalators from Waverley Station to Princes Street.
On Princes Street turn right at the top of the escalators and walk past the Balmoral Hotel.
At the junction by the Balmoral Hotel turn right and walk up the slight hill (crossing North Bridge).
When you come to the Radisson Blu Hotel turn left and walk down the Royal Mile.
Keep walking until you pass The People’s Story Museum on your left and the Museum of Edinburgh on right hand side.
Turn right and walk down Crightons Close. The Holyrood Hotel is at the bottom of this close on your left hand side. The first door is the entrance to the restaurant, the second is the entrance to the hotel.
4. Hotel Parking
The hotel does not have any parking available on site. The nearest parking is at Dynamic Earth which is across the street from the hotel.
The car park is open 24 hours and is underground. The parking charge for parking between 7 and 24 hours is £21.00.
Here is all the Dynamic Earth parking information.
5. Checking In
On entering there is a porters desk and reception desk on the right hand side.
6. Holyrood Hotel Facilities
- The Holyrood Hotel has 157 bedrooms
- It’s a 4 star hotel
- There are standard king, twin and double rooms
- There are deluxe king and doouble rooms
- There are junior suites
- There is an on site Surf and Turf Steakhouse restaurant
- Fitness area with stair climbers, treadmills, free weights, rowing machine, bikes
- 14m long swimming pool
- The Holyrood Spa is open Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 8pm, it is by appointment only
- Free WIFI throughout the hotel
- 24 hour room service
- Check in time is 3pm, check out time is midday
7. Holyrood Hotel Breakfast Times
- Monday to Friday 7am – 10am
- Saturday and Sunday 7am – 11am
8. Holyood Hotel Restaurant Menu
Main courses range from £16 to £40 per person and include dishes such as sea bass, roasted beef cheek, and of course steaks.
Here is the surf and turf menu.
9. Holyrood Hotel – Video Room Tour
10. Holyrood Hotel – What’s Nearby?
Located almost next to the hotel this great family run restaurant offers delicious Punjabi cuisine. It’s well worth a visit.
There is a handy Tesco Express located just uphill from the hotel. This store has groceries, toiletries, newspapers, magazines, meal deals and also has an ATM.
The hotel is almost next door to the Scottish Parliament building. The Parliament is open to visitors Monday through Saturday with displays in the entrance area of the building about the building and it’s history. Short 10 minute talks also run through the day for visitors that don’t have enough time to take a tour of the building.
Longer tours are available, they are free, and it is best to book to avoid disappointment. Please note that you will need to go through security going into the building.
Check out the Scottish Parliament Tours website.
Also very close is Dynamic Earth. This exhibition tells the history of the earth from the big bang to the present day. It’s an interactive exhibition and there is also a planetarium to enjoy. There is a cafe on site and lots of events through the year including the science festival.
Entry costs £19.50 per adult and £12 per child. Here are all the entry details for Dynamic Earth.
Holyrood Palace is just at the bottom of the Royal Mile and very close to the hotel. It is open throughout the year and is part of the Royal Collections Trust.
Read all the details on the Holyrood Palace website
The Royal Mile
The Royal Mile is 2 or 3 minutes walk from the hotel. The bottom end of the Royal Mile is much quieter than the top end near the Castle, and there are still plenty of things to enjoy.
The People’s Story and the Museum of Edinburgh are very close to the hotel. They are both free to visit and open most days. The People’s Story tells the cultural history of Edinburgh by sharing stories of ordinary folk and is well worth a visit.
11. Holyrood Hotel – Professional Traveller Summary
- The location is good giving easy access to the Royal Mile but also to green areas of Edinburgh such as Arthurs seat and quieter areas too.
- There was some noise at the hotel during my stay so perhaps even numbered rooms which are away from the event areas might be a better option.
- One of the lifts wasn’t working during my stay which meant some long waits to get downstairs when checking out with luggage.
- The beds were super comfortable and rooms larger than you might expect in a city centre hotel.
12. Find A Great Online Price for the Holyrood Hotel
13. Find Hotel Deals in Edinburgh Quickly With Map View
14. Check Out These Great Hotel Deals in the Area
If you have found my review of the Lerwick Hotel useful you might also like;
The Scottish Highlands – all you need to know
For more trip ideas check out my Travel Inspiration page
Other Articles You Might Like
- Days Inn Lockerbie Review and Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click to get the best price for your stay at the Days Inn Lockerbie 1. Days Inn Lockerbie Address The address of the hotel is; Roadchef Annandale Water, Lockerbie, DG11 1HD 2. Days Inn Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0844 225 0789 3. Getting to the Days Inn Lockerbie Days Inn … Read more
- Cairn Hotel Bathgate Review and Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click to get the best price for your stay at the Cairn Hotel Bathgate 1. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Address The address of the hotel is; Blackburn Road, Bathgate, EH48 2EL 2. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 01506 633366 3. Getting to the Cairn Hotel Getting to the hotel … Read more
- Travelodge Central Edinburgh Review And Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click to get the best price for your stay at the Travelodge Central Edinburgh 1. Travelodge Central Edinburgh Address The address of the hotel is; 33 St Marys Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1TA 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0871 984 6137 3. Getting from Waverley Station to the Hotel The easiest … Read more
- Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click below to quickly find the best price for your stay at the Holyrood Hotel 1. Holyrood Hotel Address The address of the Holyrood Hotel is; 81 Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh, EH8 8AU 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0131 528 8000 3. Getting from Edinburgh Waverley Station to the Holyrood Hotel … Read more
- Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click to get the best price for your stay at the Lerwick Hotel 1. Lerwick Hotel Address The address of the Lerwick Hotel is; 15 South Road, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PX 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; +44 (1595) 692166 3. Getting from Sumburgh Airport to the Lerwick Hotel It is … Read more
- Visit Shetland – A Stunning Destination Any Time of the YearPlanning to Visit Shetland? Shetland is an amazing place to visit. It is very different from the rest of Scotland. It has its own very distinct culture, language, food, landscape, and history. There is a great deal to see and enjoy when visiting. Visit Shetland 2. Where Do You Fly From to Get To Shetland? There … Read more
- Alicante Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your Trip 🇪🇸Thinking of an Alicante holiday? You should it’s a great destination that offers great value too. Alicante is a coastal and port town located on the South Coast of Spain. It is in the Costa Blanca area, which refers to the coastline and it’s a popular tourist destination. It has a population of around 350,000 … Read more
- Algarve Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your Trip 🇵🇹Are you planning an Algarve holiday? You should – it’s a wonderful destination. The Algarve is located along the Southern edge of Portugal. It has a fabulous coastline, huge sandy beaches, great places to visit and it’s very easy to travel to from UK. The Algarve is suitable for family holidays, solo trips, golfing holidays, … Read more
- 6 Handpicked Hotels in Riga – From Budget to Luxury 🇱🇻Looking for Hotels In Riga? Wondering where to stay? Check out this guide and find your perfect stay from these hotels in Riga. Hotels in Riga – Airport Hotels If you need to stay close to the airport then you have two choices – the Sky High Hotel or the Hampton by Hilton. Hotels in … Read more