Looking to stay at the Inverness airport hotel?
It’s a great hotel, just steps from the airport building. Some of the rooms have great runway views too.
Check out this review of a 1 night stay.
It includes a video tour of the room and views from the room which were of the runway!
Read on for everything you need to know and to find the best prices available online for this great hotel.
This hotel is the nearest to Inverness airport. There is no need for a shuttle because the airport is a 2 minute walk from the hotel front door.
In December 2020 I stayed for one night at the new Inverness airport hotel. This is a new hotel which opened in March 2020. It’s great for Inverness to have an airport hotel, although there are plenty of hotels in Inverness which is not far away.
At the time of staying the Highlands was in Tier 1 so it was OK to stay overnight. Not long after our stay the Highlands went into Tier 4 so overnight stays are only allowed in connection with essential work or as per the Government list of exemptions.
What’s the Inverness Airport Hotel Like?
It’s a modern hotel, that faces the airport terminal building. Some of the rooms have runway views. There is parking, a restaurant and bar, a small gym and electric car charging.
1. Getting to the Inverness Airport Hotel
It is just under 9 miles from Inverness to the airport and therefore the airport hotel.
Timetables have changed as flight schedules have adapted.
(2023 update – a new railway station has opened at Inverness Airport. It’s a 10 minute walk from there to the hotel or airport)
If travelling by train to Inverness Airport the nearest stop is Inverness city centre (whichever direction you are travelling from). You then need to take a bus or a taxi from there to the airport.
There are bus services from Inverness city centre to the airport. Buses run regularly throughout the day and evening to suit planes arriving and departing.
A taxi from Inverness to Inverness Airport costs from £19 with Inverness Taxis. You can get a quote and book online here.
2. Arriving at the Inverness Airport Hotel
Inverness airport hotel is easily accessed from the roundabout just before entering the airport car park. The hotel has its own private parking with around 6 spaces at the front of the hotel, with more beside the hotel and towards the back. There are 3 electric car charging spaces at the front of the hotel alongwith a number of disabled parking bays.
Parking is free for guests while staying in the hotel. You must enter your registration number into the terminal at the reception desk to qualify for free parking.
3. Inverness Airport Hotel: Checking In
The check-in was quick and friendly.
The hotel was very quiet so there was no queue as there were very few guests.
4. Inverness Airport Hotel Facilities
Inverness airport hotel is a new 4 star hotel that sits at right angles to the Inverness airport terminal. It has the following facilities;
- Ground floor bar, lounge and restaurant area
- Fitness centre on the ground floor
- Keyless check-in available
- Go board for live flight information for Inverness airport
- Free WIFI in public areas
- Pet friendly
5. Inverness Airport Hotel – Dining
- Breakfast, if not included in the room rate, is £14.95 per person and served from 4.30am to 11am. (Early breakfasts will be continental breakfasts)
- The bar is open all day until 10pm
- The restaurant has a varied menu. Starters include soup and range from £7.00 to £10.00
- Main courses included salads, burgers, BBQ items, and classic meals such as Macaroni Cheese for £12.00.
- Deserts include ice cream, cheesecake and sticky toffee pudding and range from £5.00 to £7.00
- There are also a range of sandwiches from £7.95.
5. Inverness Airport Hotel: Layout
The Inverness airport hotel has front facing rooms which face towards the airport and rear facing rooms.
Rooms 101-119 are on the front so 201-219, 301-319 also. These rooms are on the right hand side of the hotel if you were standing outside facing the hotel i.e. furthest away from the runway.
Rooms 102-120 are at the back of the hotel so 202-220, 302-320 also and they are opposite the rooms above. These rooms have a view across the parking at the rear of the hotel and open land.
Rooms 121-141 are front facing rooms nearest the runway. 221-241 and 321-341 are also front facing to the airport side. The best runway views would be from rooms 141, 241 and 341. These may be double rather than twin rooms – 241 is a double room, as is 239 which is the next closest room. Room 237 is the closest twin room on the second floor with a runway view. These rooms are to the left hand side of the hotel if you were standing outside facing the hotel.
Roos 122-142 are at the back of the hotel, so are 222-242 and 322-342. These rooms look over the parking area and open land.
Please note that at the time of reviewing only one half of the hotel was open. The left hand side as you face the hotel from the outside.
(I would recommend just double checking the room configuration as I didn’t physically check all the floors and room layouts due to Covid19 restrictions)
6. Inverness Airport Hotel: Bedroom Facilities
- We stayed in room 237. This was a twin bedded room.
- It was located at the front of the building nearest the airport as we had asked for a runway view.
- The room was accessed via keycard.
- On entering the room there was a key holder on the wall which activated the electric supply in the room.
- On the left entering the room was a spacious shower room with a toilet and washbasin.
- The room was spacious and light with floor to ceiling windows.
- The twin beds had duvets and they were very comfy. Each bed had two pillows.
- Each bed had a bedside light and bedside spotlight making it easy to read in bed. Only one bed had a power socket beside it.
- On the wall, there was a large TV with a good selection of channels. You could also connect your device through YouTube.
- The room had a work desk and a small table and stool.
- There was a minibar in the room, although this wasn’t stocked. There was also a kettle with tea and coffee supplies.
- In the drawer was a hairdryer.
- The windows had privacy curtains and blackout curtains.
- On the wall near the bathroom were the heating controls.
7. Using the Room at Inverness Airport Hotel
- The room was spacious enough for two of us to sleep, watch TV and have something to eat in the room.
- There were two sets of nice fluffy towels.
- We struggled initially to get the heating to work and had to have the temperature set at 32 degrees to get heat coming out of the heating unit, but the room warmed up quickly so it wasn’t a problem.
- The shower wasn’t a power shower but it was spacious. There were also toiletries in the bathroom.
8. Video Review of Bedroom
Here is a video tour of our room.
It shows you the facilities, the layout, the decor and the view from the room.
9. Breakfast at the Inverness Airport Hotel
We decided at the last minute to have breakfast and hadn’t booked. Breakfast was £7.50 per person.
- There was a continental buffet and the team had worked hard to make sure things were safe. There was a coffee machine to use which also dispensed hot water.
- Nearby was a fridge was individually wrapped bowls of fruit salad, yoghurt, cheeses and wrapped glasses of apple or orange juice.
- The bread was individually labelled paper bags of brown or white bread.
- On the main buffet were individually wrapped pain au chocolate, croissants, muffins and breakfast bars.
- You could also order a hot filled roll with sausage, egg or bacon.
- The service was also very warm and friendly.
10. What I Liked About The Inverness Airport Hotel
- The room location was great. It was lovely to see a plane take off and another land. Any of the rooms nearest the runway would give a good view, but the 2nd and 3rd floors would be the best.
- The room was spacious and bright.
- It was exceptionally clean.
- It was good to have tea and coffee facilities in the room as well as toiletries, given some hotels have removed these.
- It was nice to use the lounge and we watched a Government announcement on the big TV downstairs while enjoying a cup of tea.
- The price was great value – it was £45 for one night (not including breakfast).
11. Inverness Airport Hotel – Professional Traveller Summary
- It was lovely to stay in this hotel having been so pleased to see it finally built.
- The staff were very warm and friendly making us feel very welcome.
- We felt safe as we felt the hotel was very clean with good distancing measures in place.
- It was great to have a view of the runway.
- There was no free WIFI in the rooms, it was only available in the public areas of the hotel.
- Breakfast was good.
12. Getting to Inverness Airport from the Inverness Airport Hotel
Just outside the front of the hotel, there is a tarmac path which leads around the outside of the car hire parking area and into the terminal building near the check in desks.
It is flat and level walking and around 5 minutes to walk from the hotel front door to the terminal entrance.
Want to Stay at the Inverness Airport Hotel?
Pop your travel dates in and quickly find the best prices available online for the Inverness Airport Hotel
Want to Stay in the Inverness Area?
Check out the prices at hotels in the Inverness area to find one that suits your budget super quickly.
If you have found this Inverness airport hotel article useful then you might also like;
Inverness Airport Lounge review – it’s tiny but lovely
Getting to the Highlands – all the ways you can get to this lovely part of the world
Hotels in Inverness – check out my guide to 20 hotels in and around the city
10 Important Things to Know Before Visiting the Highlands – to help you have an even better visit
Looking for self-catering stays? Then check out my Holiday Cottages Inverness guide
If you are looking for more information on places to stay and things to do check out my Inverness page
- Loch Ness Boat Trips Reviewed – Find Your Favourite Easily 🦕Looking to go for a cruise on Loch Ness? Find your favourite from these reviews of Loch Ness boat trips. Loch Ness Boat Trips 2 Hour Cruise from Dochgarroch, nr Inverness Dochgarroch is a great spot to start a cruise from. There is a lovely visitor centre, An Talla, beside the Caledonian Canal. It has… Read More »Loch Ness Boat Trips Reviewed – Find Your Favourite Easily 🦕
- Inverness Hotels with Pools – Compare Them All Easily 🏊Looking for Inverness hotels with pools? They are all right here so you can compare them quickly and easily and find your perfect stay. You will also find quick links to find the best prices available online so you book your stay too. Inverness Hotels with Pools – How Many Are There? Inverness Hotels with… Read More »Inverness Hotels with Pools – Compare Them All Easily 🏊
- 6 Dog Friendly Cottages Inverness – Find Your Perfect StayLooking for dog friendly cottages Inverness? Great – then this post is for you! I’ve handpicked a selection of houses, cottages and apartments around the Inverness area which are all pet friendly. They all include WIFI, linens and heating too. I’ve given a sense of the location of each property so get reading and find… Read More »6 Dog Friendly Cottages Inverness – Find Your Perfect Stay
- 5 Lodges with Hot Tubs Inverness: Find Your Tub NowLooking for some super cute lodges with hot tubs Inverness? Well, you are in the right place! Inverness is a great base for a stay in the Highlands, giving you great access to all the attractions that the Highlands has to offer. For now, let’s get cracking finding you a great lodge with a hot… Read More »5 Lodges with Hot Tubs Inverness: Find Your Tub Now
- Holiday Cottages Inverness – 21 Great Stays in the CityHoliday Cottages Inverness So if you are looking for holiday cottages Inverness – then read on! Check out this guide to holiday cottages Inverness, including information on what’s nearby and the area the holiday cottage is in. All the holiday cottages in this article include heating, towels and linen because who wants to be cold… Read More »Holiday Cottages Inverness – 21 Great Stays in the City
- 16 Loch Ness Things to Do – Makes a Great Day TripHere are 16 Loch Ness things to do. If you want to you can make this list into a one day complete tour of Loch Ness – so I have included driving directions along the way. Nessie sightings not guaranteed! Loch Ness Things to Do 1. Visit Dores and the only Beach at Loch Ness… Read More »16 Loch Ness Things to Do – Makes a Great Day Trip
- Here is Every UK Direct Flight to InvernessAre you looking for a flight to Inverness? Great then check out the options below. I’ve focussed on direct flights to Inverness from destinations around the UK. For each flight to Inverness, there is a schedule of flights with all the current flight options. There is also a calendar of flights so you can quickly… Read More »Here is Every UK Direct Flight to Inverness
- Inverness Airport Hotel Review – Everything You Need to KnowLooking to stay at the Inverness airport hotel? It’s a great hotel, just steps from the airport building. Some of the rooms have great runway views too. Check out this review of a 1 night stay. It includes a video tour of the room and views from the room which were of the runway! Read… Read More »Inverness Airport Hotel Review – Everything You Need to Know
- 20 Hotels in Inverness – Easily Find Your Perfect StayAre you looking for hotels in Inverness? Looking for a locals guide to help you find the best hotel for your stay? I’ve been in the Highlands for 17 years and I’ve stayed at most of the hotels listed. Hotels in Inverness – Hotels Beside the River Ness Hotels in Inverness 1. Premier Inn Inverness… Read More »20 Hotels in Inverness – Easily Find Your Perfect Stay