Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira – 4 Night Stay
We chose the Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira because we liked the location – right on the beach with easy access into Albufeira itself.
Given we were not hiring a car it made it easy to explore what we wanted to from the hotel and we enjoyed exploring each day on foot, although we did spend plenty of time just relaxing at the hotel too!
Albufeira is within easy reach of Faro airport, being just 30 minutes away, and it is one of the main resorts of the Algarve.
Getting to the Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira
For ease and convenience we booked a transfer from Faro airport direct to the hotel. We were planning a resort based stay rather than exploring the area so we weren’t planning on using or hiring a car. As such a private transfer seemed the best option for us getting to the hotel.
It took around 30 minutes. It was nice to get our first introduction to the area on the way from the airport and it was extremely easy and convenient.
The driver was waiting for us so there was no delay when we arrived at Faro Airport and it was a stress free way to get to the hotel given this was our first trip to the area.
Arriving at the Hotel Sol E Mar, Albufeira
Arriving at the hotel and checking in was straightforward.
We were warmly welcomed and our passports were quickly registered.
Rooms at the Hotel Sol E Mar, Albufeira
- The rooms were very clean.
- There was a refrigerator in the room.
- There was a hairdryer in the room.
- Rooms were ensuite.
- The beds were comfortable.
- The linen was clean and fresh.
- There was free WIFI in the rooms and throughout the hotel.
- The hotels were good given the price we paid for our stay (we stayed in November)
Facilities at the Hotel Sol E Mar, Albufeira
- The hotel has an indoor heated swiming pool.
- It also has a reserved area on the sandy beach for hotel guests to enjoy with loungers and parasols.
- The hotel has two restaurants, the Sunrise and the Sunset.
- There is a cocktail bar and ice cream parlour.
- The hotel puts on regular live entertainment.
- Free parking is available 400m away from the hotel.
- WIFI is free in rooms and throughout the hotel.
- The hotel has bikes available for rental.
Scores 4.0 Very Good out of 1626 Tripadvisor Reviews
- 5 out of 5 for Location
- 4.5 out of 5 for Cleanliness
- 4 out of 5 for Service
- 4 out of 5 for Price
Check out the Hotel Sol E Mar Tripadvisor Reviews
Professional Traveller Summary of Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira
- This hotel is in a fantastic location – with direct beach access plus easy access to the heart of Albufeira
- The hotel is clean, modern and stylish making it a comfortable and relaxing stay
- The terrace is lovely giving great views over the beach – it’s a great spot to relax with a drink or a meal
- A sandy beach on your doorstep is always a lovely thing to have!
More Algarve Options?
If you are looking for a resort based hotel check out my review of the Vidamar Resort near Albufeira which I stayed in for 4 nights.
Travel Inspiration Series
This is a series of articles if you are looking for some travel inspiration or trip reviews. Other articles include;
- Istanbul City Break – With Things to Do and How to Get Around
- Birmingham City Break – Review including UK’s Oldest Cinema, Coffin Museum & Chinese Food
- Grasmere, Lake District Guide – including things to do and places to visit
- Newton Stewart – Guide including things to do, trips out and super cute cottage beside river
- Azores Holidays – everything you need to know about these undiscovered rural gems
Hotel Reviewer Articles
- Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel, Istanbul – A great hotel beside the airport terminal
- Suitel Bosphorus Taksim, Istanbul – A somewhat different hotel stay in Istanbul
- Courtyard by Marriott, Inverness – The new Inverness Airport hotel
- Village Hotel, Aberdeen – Resort hotel located on a business park
- Gatwick Airport Hotels, London Gatwick – Reviews of several Gatwick hotels
- Ibis, Birmingham Airport – Great budget hotel very close to the airport terminal
- Ibis Birmingham – Good city centre hotel beside the Chinese Quarter
- Vidamar Resort, Algarve – Resort hotel with dine around meals
- Hotel Sol E Mar, Albufeira – Hotel right on the beach at Albufeira
- Vilamoura Holidays – Reviews of the two lovely Vilamoura Hotels in the Algarve
If you are interested in how to find the cheapest hotel deals then check out my guide to cheap hotels booking