Are you looking for a great hotel in Albufeira?
Right on the beach?
With great facilities?
Well fab. You are in the right place.
Check out my review of a the 4 Star Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira.
1. Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira – Location
The Sol E Mar is located in Albufeira. This is one of the main resorts in the Algarve.
The hotel itself is located beside the sea in a great location for exploring the old town and beach areas alike.
2. Getting to the Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira
Fo our stay we booked a transfer from Faro airport direct to the hotel. We were planning a resort based stay rather than exploring the area so we weren’t planning on using or hiring a car. As such a private transfer seemed the best option for us getting to the hotel.
It took around 30 minutes. It was nice to get our first introduction to the area on the way from the airport and it was extremely easy and convenient.
The driver was waiting for us so there was no delay when we arrived at Faro Airport and it was a stress free way to get to the hotel given this was our first trip to the area.
The Sol E Mar Albufeira is 44km or 27 miles West of Faro airport.
If you want to hire a car you can get a quote from companies based at Faro Airport here.
Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira check in time is from 3.30pm
Check out time is by midday.
3. Hotel Sol E Mar, Albufeira Address and Telephone Number
The address of the hotel is;
R. José Bernardino de Sousa, 8200-146 Albufeira, Portugal
The telephone number of the hotel is;
4. Parking at the Hotel Sol E Mar, Albufeira
There is free parking available 400 metres from the hotel itself.
Check out the hotel map of the parking location.
5. Hotel Sol E Mar Facilities
The Sol E Mar has the following facilities;
- 74 rooms
- Lift to all floors (6)
- Free parking nearby
- 24 hour reception
- Free WIFI
- Laundry service
- Transfer service
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- Terrace overlooking beach
6. Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira: Dining
The Sunrise Restaurant is on the ground floor of the hotel. This is a buffet restaurant.
Rainbow Bar on the 5th floor of the hotel, a small bar area serving drinks.
7. Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira: Bedrooms
- The rooms were very clean.
- There was a refrigerator in the room.
- There was a hairdryer in the room.
- Rooms were ensuite.
- The beds were comfortable.
- The linen was clean and fresh.
- There was free WIFI in the rooms and throughout the hotel.
- The hotels were good given the price we paid for our stay (we stayed in November)
Scores 4.0 Very Good out of 1626 Tripadvisor Reviews
- 5 out of 5 for Location
- 4.5 out of 5 for Cleanliness
- 4 out of 5 for Service
- 4 out of 5 for Price
Check out the Hotel Sol E Mar Tripadvisor Reviews
9. Professional Traveller Summary of Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira
- This hotel is in a fantastic location – with direct beach access plus easy access to the heart of Albufeira
- The hotel is clean, modern and stylish making it a comfortable and relaxing stay
- The terrace is lovely giving great views over the beach – it’s a great spot to relax with a drink or a meal
- A sandy beach on your doorstep is always a lovely thing to have!
A great choice for a visit to Albufeira combining old town discovery and beach gazing and bathing
10. Find the Best Price Online for the Sol E Mar Albufeira
Just enter your travel dates below
11. Find Great Deals in Albufeira Using Map Search
Check via the map below to see prices for the whole of Albufeira. Simply click on the box to see details of the hotel and the review score. Click on the box for more information.
12. Check below to find the top hotel deals in the Albufeira area.
If you have found the Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira article useful you might also like;
Vidamar Resort Algarve Review – further along the coast this is a greener resort next to a birdwatching lagoon and a 7km sandy beach
Vilamoura Holiday – For a quieter Algarve experience check out Vilamoura. It’s still got loads to do and is a great spot to explore the Algarve region
Azores Holidays – check out why these Portuguese islands should be on your travel list. They are amazing!
If you want some ideas for your travels check out my Travel Inspiration page.
Other Articles You Might Like
- Highland Hotel Strathpeffer Review: Great Stay With Our DogLooking to stay in Strathpeffer? Well check out this review of the Highland Hotel Strathpeffer, which includes a video tour of the room. What is the Highland Hotel Strathpeffer Like? The Highland Hotel is a large hotel in a historic building. The hotel has a wood panelled lounge and dining area and some stained glass… Read More »Highland Hotel Strathpeffer Review: Great Stay With Our Dog
- Baku Holiday Review: Check Out Why Baku is Great to VisitIs Baku Good for a Holiday? Baku is not visited by many people from the UK, making it feel quite undiscovered. It’s in the earlier stages of tourism development giving it a unique feel. It is very easy to explore on foot and public transport. The history of Baku is really interesting and there is… Read More »Baku Holiday Review: Check Out Why Baku is Great to Visit
- Valencia City Break Review: Check Out This Fabulous Friendly CityConsidering a Valencia city break? You absolutely should as it’s a fantastic city. Check out this guide to a Valencia city break and get ideas for your own trip. First let’s deal with a common question! Is Valencia Worth a Visit? Valencia is less visited than some other cities such as Barcelona. This gives it… Read More »Valencia City Break Review: Check Out This Fabulous Friendly City
- Riga City Break Review: Fantastic City with Great Food & DiscoveriesIs Riga A Good City Break? Riga has so many attractions. There is a wonderful old town with historic buildings and cute cafes. The Art Nouveau district has some fabulous architecture to admire. There is a lovely canal running through the city with boat trips on it, and around the canal are lovely gardens. Riga… Read More »Riga City Break Review: Fantastic City with Great Food & Discoveries
- Southerness Self Catering Review: Video Tour of Dog Friendly ChaletAre you planning a Southerness self catering holiday? Well check out this review based on a 1 week stay in Southerness in November 2021. Table of Contents 1. Southerness Self Catering – Getting To Southerness2. Southerness Self Catering – Southerness Village – What’s There?3. Southerness Self Catering – Southerness Beach4. Southerness Self Catering – Southerness… Read More »Southerness Self Catering Review: Video Tour of Dog Friendly Chalet
- Southerness Things To Do – Cute Cafes, Wonderful Wildlife & Sandy BeachesAre you planning on visiting Southerness? Want some ideas of things to do in the area? Great then check out this list of things we did during our week long stay in November 2021. (If you want to check out the holiday cottage we stayed in have a look at Southerness Self Catering, which includes… Read More »Southerness Things To Do – Cute Cafes, Wonderful Wildlife & Sandy Beaches
- The Bank House Uttoxeter Review: Quirky Hotel In City Centre with Friendly PigeonsAre you looking for a hotel in Uttoxeter? Check out this review including a video tour of the Bank House Uttoxeter. It’s definitely a bit quirky! Table of Contents 1. The Bank House Uttoxeter: Address and Telephone Number2. The Bank House Uttoxeter: Directions3. The Bank House Uttoxeter: Parking4. Checking In at The Bank House Uttoxeter5.… Read More »The Bank House Uttoxeter Review: Quirky Hotel In City Centre with Friendly Pigeons
- Holiday Inn Luton Airport Review: Great Value, Easy To Access – Ideal OvernightAre you looking for a great hotel that is minutes from Luton Airport? With comfy rooms and good prices? Then check out my review of a 1 night stay at the Holiday Inn Luton Airport including a video room tour. 1. Holiday Inn Luton Airport Location The address of the Holiday Inn Luton Airport is; London… Read More »Holiday Inn Luton Airport Review: Great Value, Easy To Access – Ideal Overnight
- Sleeperz Dundee Review: Fab City Break Hotel Opp. V&AIs Sleeperz Dundee Good for a City Break? Sleeperz Dundee is a great option for a city break. It’s opposite the V&A Museum, opposite HMS Dundee and it’s right over the train station. It is easy to walk to the city centre attractions, restaurants and cafes too. It’s got modern rooms and a nice bar… Read More »Sleeperz Dundee Review: Fab City Break Hotel Opp. V&A
- Brodie Castle Review: A Quirky Castle & A Fabulous Play AreaThinking of visiting Brodie Castle? You should because it really is a lovely spot. With lovely grounds to walk in, a quirky castle, cute cafe and a fabulous play area what’s not to like? Check out this guide for all you need to know 1. Brodie Castle: Address and Telephone Number Brodie Castle address is;… Read More »Brodie Castle Review: A Quirky Castle & A Fabulous Play Area
- Hilton Aberdeen TECA Review: Great For the Airport & EventsLooking for a real guest review of the Hilton Aberdeen Teca? Check out this review, including a video tour of a bedroom, from a 1 night stay in July 2021 Included in the review are details of the car parking, facilities and getting to the Hilton Aberdeen Teca. Table of Contents 1. Hilton Aberdeen Teca:… Read More »Hilton Aberdeen TECA Review: Great For the Airport & Events
- Lonsdale House Bowness – A Quirky, Fun & Great StayAre you looking for somewhere to stay in Bowness on Windemere? If so check out this review of Lonsdale House Bowness, a great hotel located just at the top of the main street in Bowness, within easy reach of all the attractions. Londsdale House Bowness – A Great Stay A very memorable stay with lots… Read More »Lonsdale House Bowness – A Quirky, Fun & Great Stay
- Fabulous Forres Self Catering Holiday CottageTable of Contents Looking for a Forres self catering holiday cottage?Forres Self Catering Cottage – Booking Wee GemForres Self Catering – Pre-Arrival InformationArriving at A Wee Gem Forres Self Catering Holiday CottageWee Gem Forres Holiday Cottage Facilities Looking for a Forres self catering holiday cottage? Dog friendly? Rural countryside location? Easy access to Forres? Surrounded… Read More »Fabulous Forres Self Catering Holiday Cottage
- Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira – Fab Algarve Hotel With Amazing LocationAre you looking for a great hotel in Albufeira? Right on the beach? With great facilities? Well fab. You are in the right place. Check out my review of a the 4 Star Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira. 1. Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira – Location The Sol E Mar is located in Albufeira. This… Read More »Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira – Fab Algarve Hotel With Amazing Location
- Vidamar Resort Algarve Review – Fantastic Resort Hotel in Fab LocationAre you looking for a great resort styled hotel with everything in one place? Then check out my review of a 3 night stay at the Vidamar Resort Algarve. It’s a lovely hotel, with great rooms, plus spa facilities, beach access and a choice of restaurants. 1. Vidamar Resort Algarve – Address The address of… Read More »Vidamar Resort Algarve Review – Fantastic Resort Hotel in Fab Location
- Vilamoura Holiday Review: Top Tips and Info To Help You PlanAre you considering a Vilamoura holiday? Well that’s great to hear – it’s a lovely destination and I enjoyed a lovely holiday there. Read on for everything I learned during my holiday in Vilamoura including things to do, a fabulous circular drive and two great hotels that I stayed in. First off let’s deal with… Read More »Vilamoura Holiday Review: Top Tips and Info To Help You Plan
- Village Hotel Solihull – Great Resort Style Hotel Nr AirportLooking to stay at the Village Hotel Solihull? It’s in a great location for Birmingham airport and has a restaurant, coffee shop, gym and spa as well. Check out this review of a 3 night stay. I chose to stay at the Village Hotel Solihull for 3 nights because I was on a leisure trip… Read More »Village Hotel Solihull – Great Resort Style Hotel Nr Airport
- Ibis Birmingham New Street – Great Location in the City CentreAre you looking for a hotel within easy access of Birmingham New Street station? Are you looking for a city centre hotel with parking nearby? Want to be close to the Birmingham Hippodrome, the Chinese Quarter, the Bullring market? Well the Ibis Birmingham New Street is in a great location for you. Check out my… Read More »Ibis Birmingham New Street – Great Location in the City Centre
- Ibis Birmingham Airport – Budget Hotel ReviewAre you looking for a good budget priced hotel? This Ibis Birmingham Airport is located just across from the terminal. It’s just a short walk away and has great prices available. Check out my review of a one night stay. Ibis Birmingham Airport I stayed at the Ibis Budget Birmingham for one night, a Sunday,… Read More »Ibis Birmingham Airport – Budget Hotel Review
- Sofitel London Gatwick – Great Hotel for Layovers & OvernightsAre you looking for a handily located Gatwick hotel? The Sofitel London Gatwick is linked by a walkway to the North Terminal. It’s super convenient and great for an overnight stay. It’s also great for layovers or even to relax in the lounge area. Sofitel London Gatwick I have stayed at the Sofitel London Gatwick… Read More »Sofitel London Gatwick – Great Hotel for Layovers & Overnights
- Suitel Bosphorus Taksim – 3 Night Stay Review Solo Female StayLooking to stay in Istanbul? Check out my review of the Suitel Bosphorus Taksim. I booked a stay at the Suitel Bosphorus Taksim for 4 nights in late October 2019/early November 2019. It was my first visit to Istanbul, a city I had wanted to visit for a long time. The pictures on the internet… Read More »Suitel Bosphorus Taksim – 3 Night Stay Review Solo Female Stay
- Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel – Fab Airport Hotel With RestaurantAre you looking to stay beside Sabiha Gokcen airport? Check out my review of the ISG Sabiha Gokcen Airport hotel – it’s a lovely hotel, with great rooms and just a short shuttle (free) ride to the airport. The Sabiha Gokcen Airport hotel is actually an onsite hotel called the ISG Airport Hotel. I stayed… Read More »Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel – Fab Airport Hotel With Restaurant
- Loch Ness Tour – Fab Views, Cute Cafes & A Great DriveThinking of visiting Loch Ness? Why not drive the complete way round it on this circular easy one day Loch Ness tour. Most people have heard of Loch Ness. It’s one of the most visited places in the Scottish Highlands. What many people who visit the area don’t know is that the Eastern side of… Read More »Loch Ness Tour – Fab Views, Cute Cafes & A Great Drive
- Australia Tours: 3 Top Trips Compared – Find Your Ideal OneTable of Contents Are you looking for Australia Tours from the UK?Australia Tours – A Wonderful Option To Cover Alot in this Amazing CountryAustralia Tours ComparisonAustralia Tours – SAGA Australian AdventureSAGA Australian Adventure Holiday Headlines Are you looking for Australia Tours from the UK? Considering the trip of a lifetime to this wonderful country? Great!… Read More »Australia Tours: 3 Top Trips Compared – Find Your Ideal One
- Inverness Airport Hotel Review: Right Next to the Terminal!Looking to stay at the Inverness airport hotel? Then check out this review of a 1 night stay. It includes a video tour of the room and views from the room which were of the runway! Read on for everything you need to know and to find the best prices available online for this great… Read More »Inverness Airport Hotel Review: Right Next to the Terminal!
- Azores Island Hopping – In Depth Review of Fantastic Great Value TourLooking for An Azores Island Hopping Holiday? Do you want inside tips and information about the itinerary from someone who has been? Great! You are in the exactly the right place. I have taken 5 or 6 British groups on holidays to the Azores Island Hopping and it is somewhere I really enjoy visiting. If… Read More »Azores Island Hopping – In Depth Review of Fantastic Great Value Tour
- Azores Holidays – Why You Should Visit These Stunning IslandsA little confession! Ahead of my first job as a Tour Manager taking Azores Holidays I didn’t know where the islands were! I’ve been lucky enough to visit 5 times I think, so let me share with you everything I know about this fantastic place and why you should consider it for a holiday. Table… Read More »Azores Holidays – Why You Should Visit These Stunning Islands
- Birmingham City Break with Vintage Cinema & Coffin Museum – Bostin!Considering a Birmingham city break? Want to know a bit more about what this city has to offer? Great! Then check out this review of a weekend trip to Birmingham with details of things to do and places to visit. Getting to Birmingham City Break from the Highlands I flew from Inverness to Birmingham. There… Read More »Birmingham City Break with Vintage Cinema & Coffin Museum – Bostin!
- Village Hotel Aberdeen – Resort Hotel in Aberdeen OutskirtsAre you looking for a nice hotel located out of Aberdeen city centre? Somewhere with plenty of free parking and easy access? The Village Hotel Aberdeen is ideal for you if this is the case. Check out this one night review. (Please note that our stay was in the very early days of Covid19 restrictions… Read More »Village Hotel Aberdeen – Resort Hotel in Aberdeen Outskirts
- Grasmere Lake District – A Little Gem With Lots to EnjoyIs Grasmere Lake District Worth Visiting? It’s absolutely worth visiting. It’s got literary interest with Wordsworth living and being buried there. There is also a very quirky National Trust property. There are cute cafes and great walks too. Check out this guide to Grasmere Lake District and get planning your visit. 1. Grasmere Lake District… Read More »Grasmere Lake District – A Little Gem With Lots to Enjoy
- Istanbul City Break – What It’s Like As a Solo Female TravellerThinking of taking an Istanbul city break? If so check out my guide based on a stay near Taksim Square and using public transport. Here is my review of a 3 night stay that I took, travelling on my own as a solo female. Table of Contents Istanbul City Break1. Getting To Istanbul From InvernessIstanbul… Read More »Istanbul City Break – What It’s Like As a Solo Female Traveller
- Cheap Hotels Near Gatwick – Real Reviews of 5 Gatwick HotelsLooking for cheap hotels near Gatwick? Great then this post is for you. Below you will find details of 5 cheap hotels near Gatwick, 4 on site and 1 off site all of which I have stayed in while travelling as a Tour Manager for holiday companies. At the bottom of the page you will… Read More »Cheap Hotels Near Gatwick – Real Reviews of 5 Gatwick Hotels
- Inverness Airport Lounge Review: Super Friendly and Fab To UseLooking to use Inverness airport lounge? It’s a regular stop for me and a great way to start a flight. Check out this guide to the facilities available at Inverness Airport lounge. Table of Contents 1. Inverness Airport Lounge Location2. Inverness Airport Lounge Facilities3. Inverness Airport Lounge Toilet Facilities4. Using Inverness Airport Lounge5. Delayed Flights… Read More »Inverness Airport Lounge Review: Super Friendly and Fab To Use