Are you looking for a great hotel in Albufeira?
Right on the beach?
With great facilities?
Well fab. You are in the right place.
Check out my review of a 4 night stay at this lovely beachfront hotel.
Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira – 4 Night Stay
We chose the Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira because we liked the location – right on the beach with easy access into Albufeira itself.
Given we were not hiring a car it made it easy to explore what we wanted to from the hotel and we enjoyed exploring each day on foot, although we did spend plenty of time just relaxing at the hotel too!
Getting to the Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira
For ease and convenience we booked a transfer from Faro airport direct to the hotel. We were planning a resort based stay rather than exploring the area so we weren’t planning on using or hiring a car. As such a private transfer seemed the best option for us getting to the hotel.
It took around 30 minutes. It was nice to get our first introduction to the area on the way from the airport and it was extremely easy and convenient.
The driver was waiting for us so there was no delay when we arrived at Faro Airport and it was a stress free way to get to the hotel given this was our first trip to the area.
Arriving at the Hotel Sol E Mar, Albufeira
Arriving at the hotel and checking in was straightforward.
We were warmly welcomed and our passports were quickly registered.
Rooms at the Hotel Sol E Mar, Albufeira
- The rooms were very clean.
- There was a refrigerator in the room.
- There was a hairdryer in the room.
- Rooms were ensuite.
- The beds were comfortable.
- The linen was clean and fresh.
- There was free WIFI in the rooms and throughout the hotel.
- The hotels were good given the price we paid for our stay (we stayed in November)
Facilities at the Hotel Sol E Mar, Albufeira
- The hotel has an indoor heated swiming pool.
- It also has a reserved area on the sandy beach for hotel guests to enjoy with loungers and parasols.
- The hotel has two restaurants, the Sunrise and the Sunset.
- There is a cocktail bar and ice cream parlour.
- The hotel puts on regular live entertainment.
- Free parking is available 400m away from the hotel.
- WIFI is free in rooms and throughout the hotel.
- The hotel has bikes available for rental.
Scores 4.0 Very Good out of 1626 Tripadvisor Reviews
- 5 out of 5 for Location
- 4.5 out of 5 for Cleanliness
- 4 out of 5 for Service
- 4 out of 5 for Price
Check out the Hotel Sol E Mar Tripadvisor Reviews
Professional Traveller Summary of Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira
- This hotel is in a fantastic location – with direct beach access plus easy access to the heart of Albufeira
- The hotel is clean, modern and stylish making it a comfortable and relaxing stay
- The terrace is lovely giving great views over the beach – it’s a great spot to relax with a drink or a meal
- A sandy beach on your doorstep is always a lovely thing to have!
More Algarve Options?
If you have found the Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira article useful and plan to travel to the Algarve why not check out my Vilamoura Holidays post – it includes reviews of two lovely hotels plus Things to Do in Vilamoura.
If you are looking for a resort based hotel check out my review of the Vidamar Resort near Albufeira which I stayed in for 4 nights.
Other Articles You Might Like;
- Southerness Self Catering – Video Tour & Review of Holiday Chalet
- Southerness Things To Do – Cute Cafes, Wonderful Wildlife & Sandy Beaches
- The Bank House Uttoxeter – Quirky Hotel In City Centre with Friendly Pigeons
- Holiday Inn Luton Airport – Great Value, Easy To Access – Ideal Overnight
- Sleeperz Dundee – Fabulous Location & Great Hotel
- Brodie Castle – Don’t Miss This Quirky Castle and Fab Play Area
- Hilton Aberdeen Teca – Super Convenient for Events & The Airport
- Lonsdale House Bowness – A Quirky, Fun & Great Stay
- Fabulous Forres Self Catering Holiday Cottage
- Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira – Fab Hotel With Amazing Location
- Vidamar Resort Algarve – Fantastic Resort Hotel in Fab Location
- Vilamoura Holiday – 2 Great Hotels & Things To Do
- Village Hotel Solihull – Great Resort Style Hotel Nr Airport
- Ibis Birmingham New Street – What It’s Like & What’s Nearby
- Ibis Birmingham Airport – Budget Hotel Review
- Sofitel London Gatwick – Great Hotel for Layovers & Overnights
- Courtyard by Marriott Inverness – Great Hotel Next to the Airport
- Suitel Bosphorus Taksim – 3 Night Stay Review Solo Female Stay
- Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel – Fab Airport Hotel With Restaurant
- Loch Ness Tour – Fab Views, Cute Cafes & A Great Drive
- Australia Tours – 4 Top Tours Compared Side by Side
- Inverness Airport Hotel – Great Location & Runway Views
- Azores Island Hopping – In Depth Guide to a Great Tour
- Azores Holidays – A Great Hidden But Accessible Gem
- Birmingham City Break with Vintage Cinema & Coffin Museum – Bostin!
- Village Hotel Aberdeen – Resort Hotel in Aberdeen Outskirts
- Grasmere Lake District – A Little Gem With Lots to Enjoy
- Istanbul City Break – What It Was Like As Solo Female (Challenging!)
- Cheap Hotels Near Gatwick – Real Reviews of 5 Gatwick Hotels
- Inverness Airport Lounge – One of the Best & Super Friendly
🌍 Professional Traveller
🧳+30 years travel experience
🚌 Coach Holiday Expert
🛏️ Hotel & Holiday Consultancy
🤑 Helping you travel more and spend less
Melanie uses her coach holiday expertise to help people find their perfect coach holiday.
Her years of travel experience means she can help people travel smarter with professional travel tips.
Having spent over 10 years in hotels Melanie is an expert guest and is now using her experience as a hotel consultant – helping hotels improve their group stay experience, and holiday companies to have even happier travellers.
As a newbie to solo travel Melanie is also sharing trip reports to help other female travellers experience this amazing way to seeing the world.