Are you looking for a great resort styled hotel with everything in one place?
Then check out my review of a 3 night stay at the Vidamar Resort Algarve.
It’s a lovely hotel, with great rooms, plus spa facilities, beach access and a choice of restaurants.
1. Vidamar Resort Algarve – Address
The address of the Vidamar Resort Algarve is:
R. da Boca da Alagoa Lote 1, 8200-424 Guia, Portugal
The telephone number of the Vidamar Resort Algarve is:
+351 289 038 000
2. Vidamar Resort Algarve – Location
The Vidamar Resort is set close to the gorgeous Algarve coast. There is direct beach access from the hotel (across the boardwalks).
The hotel is located 51km (32 miles) West of Faro airport.
It is located 10km (6.5) miles West of Albufeira.
3. Vidamar Resort Algarve – Weather
The Algarve is a popular destination for tourists because of its nice weather, easy access, facilities and of course those lovely sandy beaches. Given the Vidamar Resort is on the coast there will also be some sea breeze to factor into temperatures.
Here are the average daily and nightly temperatures for the Algarve region of Portugal;
Here are the average hours of sunshine throughout the year;
4. Arrival at the VidaMar Resort Algarve
The Vidamar Resort Algarve is approached through a development of hotels and holiday apartments.
As you approach the hotel complex will be on your left hand side. There is car parking on either side of the road and there is a further public car park if you carry straight on past the hotel.
You can drive up the ramp to the hotel entrance for dropping off luggage and guests etc.
The reception area entrance is in the middle of the hotel in the centre of the ramp.
When you enter the reception area you will see the reception desks to the rear with seating on either side of the reception area.
5. Rooms at the VidaMar Resort Algarve
I stayed at the Vidamar Resort Hotel with a coach tour. All the guests loved their rooms as did I.
- The rooms were spacious, extremely clean, quiet and comfortable.
- All the rooms had free WIFI.
- The bathrooms were large and spacious with fluffy towelling robes and slippers.
- There were tea and coffee facilities which is not always the case in European hotels so this was much appreciated.
- The rooms were furnished in a nice modern style.
- There are different levels of rooms available – Prestige, Premium, and Superior
- Prestige rooms are available with nature, resort and some side sea views
- Superior rooms are the same as Prestige but on the upper floors
- Premium rooms are larger, include some suite options and have features such as balconies
4. Facilities at the VidaMar Resort Algarve
The Vidamar is a resort and you can easily stay here for a long weekend break and enjoy the various facilities on offer.
- 3 dining options
- 4 bar options
- Adults-only club area with heated pool and Bali beds
- Kids Club for children 3-11
- Games room
- 3 outside pools, a large swimming pool, a children’s pool and a chill-out pool
- Lovely gardens around the hotel including Palm Tree groves
- Boardwalk giving access to 7km sandy beach
- Spa with pool, jacuzzi, sauna, cold water bath and ice fountain
- Range of beauty treatments
5. Vidamar Resort Hotel – Dining
One of the great things about this hotel is the dining available and the option to dine around within the various options in the hotel. Here’s what is available;
Ocean Restaurant – this serves breakfast from 7.30 am to 10.30 and dinner from 6.30 pm to 10.30 pm. It’s a very good buffet with a huge selection and in the evenings they have various cooking stations adding variety and local dishes.
Primadonna Italian Restaurant – Open Wednesday to Sunday 7-10.30 pm this restaurant offers a variety of pizza, pasta and Italian dishes. It also operates as a takeaway.
Sunset Restaurant and Bar – Open Monday to Saturday 10.30 am to 6 pm and serving lighter meals and lunches by the pool.
Lobby Bar – open 6pm to midnight serving drinks.
Tiki Bar – open everyday from 10.30am to 7pm serving tropical drinks (and regular drinks!)
Wet Bar – serving drinks and snacks with swim-up seating
Dine Around – If you book an inclusive stay at the Vidamar Resort Algarve it will include dinner and breakfast at the Ocean Buffet restaurant. If you want to dine elsewhere you will have a 15 Euros credit per person or 7.50 Euros credit per child to use in any other resort restaurant. You will need to book in advance.
6. Vidamar Resort TripAdvisor Reviews
Rated 4 out of 5 Very Good by 1537 Reviews
- 4.5 out of 5 for Location
- 4.5 out of 5 for Cleanliness
- 4 out of 5 for Service
- 4 out of 5 for Price
Check out the Vidamar Resort Tripadvisor reviews
7. Vidamar Resort Algarve – What’s Nearby
One of the main attractions nearby is the Salgados Lagoon. This is located next to the hotel and accessed via a boardwalk from the public car park.
This is a popular spot for birdwatching and attracts a large variety of birds.
There is a restaurant on the beach called Os Salgados. This has lovely views and features options such as ‘catch of the day’.
8. Professional Traveller Summary of Vidamar Resort Algarve
- This is a great resort-type hotel with everything on site making it easy just to dine around, lounge around and relax
- Rooms are clean and spacious, with lovely bathroom facilities
- The hotel is set in a lovely green area, giving it a natural feel
- There is access via a boardwalk to a lovely sandy beach
Great for a long weekend of relaxing with dining options in the hotel, plus beauty, fitness and walks on site
9. Find the Lowest Prices Available for the Vidamar Resort Algarve
Pop your travel dates below and you will find the best prices available online. Then find the option that suits you best and away you go.
10. Looking for Hotels in the Albufeira Area?
Quickly find great deals by using the map to search the Albufeira area below. You can move the map around by clicking it.
11. Check out these Albufeira Hotel Top Deals
If you found my Vidamar Resort Algarve review useful you might also like;
Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira Review – great hotel right on the beach
Vilamoura Holiday Review – a quieter and calmer coastal town on the Algarve with great facilities and hotels too
Azores Holidays – all about the Azores and why these gorgeous islands off the coast of Portugal are worth visiting
If you need some ideas for your next trip then check out my Travel Inspiration page.
Other Articles You Might Like
- Days Inn Lockerbie Review and Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click to get the best price for your stay at the Days Inn Lockerbie 1. Days Inn Lockerbie Address The address of the hotel is; Roadchef Annandale Water, Lockerbie, DG11 1HD 2. Days Inn Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0844 225 0789 3. Getting to the Days Inn Lockerbie Days Inn Lockerbie is located at Annandale Services on the M6 motorway. They are located on the Southbound side. They can be accessed from the Northbound side by taking the exit and then crossing underneath the … Read more
- Cairn Hotel Bathgate Review and Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click to get the best price for your stay at the Cairn Hotel Bathgate 1. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Address The address of the hotel is; Blackburn Road, Bathgate, EH48 2EL 2. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 01506 633366 3. Getting to the Cairn Hotel Getting to the hotel can seem a little tricky. If coming along the A7066 from Livingston you will pass the Pyramids Business Park on the left hand side. You take the next left after that, which brings you … Read more
- Travelodge Central Edinburgh Review And Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click to get the best price for your stay at the Travelodge Central Edinburgh 1. Travelodge Central Edinburgh Address The address of the hotel is; 33 St Marys Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1TA 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0871 984 6137 3. Getting from Waverley Station to the Hotel The easiest way to reach the hotel on foot is to take the escalators from Waverley Station to Princes Street. When you reach Princes Street turn right and walk past the entrance to the Balmoral Hotel. … Read more
- Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click below to quickly find the best price for your stay at the Holyrood Hotel 1. Holyrood Hotel Address The address of the Holyrood Hotel is; 81 Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh, EH8 8AU 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0131 528 8000 3. Getting from Edinburgh Waverley Station to the Holyrood Hotel The easiest way to reach the hotel, especially if you have luggage, is to take the escalators from Waverley Station to Princes Street. On Princes Street turn right at the top of the escalators … Read more
- Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know 🛏Click to get the best price for your stay at the Lerwick Hotel 1. Lerwick Hotel Address The address of the Lerwick Hotel is; 15 South Road, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PX 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; +44 (1595) 692166 3. Getting from Sumburgh Airport to the Lerwick Hotel It is 25 miles from Sumburgh Airport to the hotel. Take the main road, A970, and head North to Lerwick. When you come into Lerwick go straight over at the first and second roundabouts you cross. … Read more
- Visit Shetland – A Stunning Destination Any Time of the YearPlanning to Visit Shetland? Shetland is an amazing place to visit. It is very different from the rest of Scotland. It has its own very distinct culture, language, food, landscape, and history. There is a great deal to see and enjoy when visiting. Visit Shetland 2. Where Do You Fly From to Get To Shetland? There are direct flights to Shetland from; These flights are operated by Loganair which also operates codeshare flights with British Airways. All flights are to Sumburgh Airport which is at the Southern end of the … Read more
- Alicante Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your Trip 🇪🇸Thinking of an Alicante holiday? You should it’s a great destination that offers great value too. Alicante is a coastal and port town located on the South Coast of Spain. It is in the Costa Blanca area, which refers to the coastline and it’s a popular tourist destination. It has a population of around 350,000 people in the town area itself. Alicante enjoys warm temperatures with lows of 11 and 12 degrees Celsius in December and January. There is little rain. It can get very hot in June, July, … Read more
- Algarve Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your Trip 🇵🇹Are you planning an Algarve holiday? You should – it’s a wonderful destination. The Algarve is located along the Southern edge of Portugal. It has a fabulous coastline, huge sandy beaches, great places to visit and it’s very easy to travel to from UK. The Algarve is suitable for family holidays, solo trips, golfing holidays, beach, activity and spa holidays. There really are lots of options available. Here’s all you need to know to plan your trip. Algarve Holiday – Getting to the Algarve Faro Airport is the main … Read more
- 6 Handpicked Hotels in Riga – From Budget to Luxury 🇱🇻Looking for Hotels In Riga? Wondering where to stay? Check out this guide and find your perfect stay from these hotels in Riga. Hotels in Riga – Airport Hotels If you need to stay close to the airport then you have two choices – the Sky High Hotel or the Hampton by Hilton. Hotels in Riga Sky High Hotel This hotel is the closest to the airport terminal building. Rooms are basic – more like a budget hotel. The reviews are mixed for this hotel – it scores 3.5 … Read more