Are you looking for a hotel in Uttoxeter?
Check out this review including a video tour of the Bank House Uttoxeter.
It’s definitely a bit quirky!
1. The Bank House Uttoxeter: Address and Telephone Number
The Bank House Uttoxeter Address;
Church St, Uttoxeter ST14 8AG
The Bank House Uttoxeter Telephone Number;
2. The Bank House Uttoxeter: Directions
If you approach the hotel from the Dove roundabout take a right turn in Silver Street and you will come to a car park. Enter the car park and then to the left you will see the car park for The Bank House Uttoxeter.
3. The Bank House Uttoxeter: Parking
The parking is free and there is space for a small number of cars. The parking area is private.
You can enter the hotel from the car park side of the building.
4. Checking In at The Bank House Uttoxeter
As you enter the door from the car park at the rear of the hotel you will come to small reception desk area. This is beside the bar and if no one is around you will find them in the bar.
5. The Bank House Uttoxeter: Facilities
- There are 17 bedrooms at The Bank House Uttoxeter.
- These have tea and coffee making facilities and freeview TV.
- There is also WIFI, the code to which is given to you when you check in.
- The hotel is quite historic having previously been a bank.
6. The Bank House Uttoxeter – Dining and Menu
There is a bar area at The Bank House alongwith a restaurant/dining area.
Evening meals were available from 6pm during my stay.
This operates separately from the hotel i.e. I had to pay separately for my meal. It is called Bistro1777.
You can find more details on the Bistro 1777 Facebook page
Lunch is served from 12-2pm and dinner is served from 5.30pm – 9pm.
Sunday lunch is served from 12-4pm.
Here is a menu from a previous Sunday lunch service to give you an idea of the food available;
7. The Bank House Uttoxeter – Hotel Room
- I stayed in a twin room at the top of the hotel. This required climbing a circular staircase which was a little wobbly.
- The room had twin beds, tea and coffee making, a TV, wardrobe, chest of drawers and an en suite shower room.
- The room overlooked the Church. While this was lovely to look at the clock chimed every 15 minutes throughout the night.
- The floor was uneven, no doubt due to being such a historic building.
- The bed linen was clean and the bed was comfy.
- The TV signal wasn’t great but the WIFI worked well.
- I couldn’t find a hairdryer in the room and due to the mould in the bathroom I didn’t feel comfortable having a shower.
- On the window was a note which said not to leave the window open as otherwise the pigeons would come in from the Church across the road. I felt I was being watched by pigeons as the night turned colder! Thankfully no pigeons came over to the window but it’s definitely the first time I’ve seen such a note.
8. The Bank House Uttoxeter – Video Room Tour
9. The Bank House Uttoxeter – Professional Traveller Review
- The Bank House Uttoxeter was definitely a memorable stay!
- The welcome was friendly as was the service during the evening meal.
- The bathroom had some mould in it which seemed to be due to poor ventilation.
- There were clearly a few maintenance issues that needed attended to.
- It was a very cold night when I stayed and the room was warm.
10. Check out the TripAdvisor Reviews of The Bank House Uttoxeter
Read all the The Bank House Uttoxeter to see what previous guests have had to say about their stay.
11. Want to Stay At The Bank House Uttoxeter?
Just pop your dates in below to find the best prices available online.
12. Want to Find a Great Hotel Deal in Uttoxeter?
Quickly find the best hotel rates across Uttoxeter. Click on the price for more details and click again to check availability
If you have found my article about The Bank House Uttoxeter useful you might also like;
Village Hotel Solihull Review – including a video room tour
Birmingham City Break Review – review of a city stay including great Chinese meal and oldest cinema in the UK
Ibis Budget Birmingham Airport Review – review of this great value hotel right by the terminal
For more ideas for your next trip check out my Travel Inspiration page
Other Articles You Might Like