Are you looking for a hotel in Uttoxeter?
Check out this review including a video tour of the Bank House Uttoxeter.
It’s definitely a bit quirky!
The Bank House Uttoxeter Location
Church St, Uttoxeter ST14 8AG
Telephone 01889 566922
Getting to The Bank House Uttoxeter
If you approach the hotel from the Dove roundabout take a right turn in Silver Street and you will come to a car park. Enter the car park and then to the left you will see the car park for The Bank House Uttoxeter.
The Bank House Uttoxeter – Parking
The parking is free and there is space for a small number of cars. The parking area is private.
You can enter the hotel from the car park side of the building.
Checking In at The Bank House Uttoxeter
As you enter the door from the car park at the rear of the hotel you will come to small reception desk area. This is beside the bar and if no one is around you will find them in the bar.
The Bank House Uttoxeter Facilities
There is a bar area at The Bank House alongwith a restaurant/dining area.
Evening meals were available from 6pm during my stay. This operates separately from the hotel i.e. I had to pay separately for my meal. It is called Bistro1777.
Lunch is served from 12-2pm and dinner is served from 5.30pm – 9pm.
Sunday lunch is served from 12-4pm.
There are 17 bedrooms at The Bank House Uttoxeter. These have tea and coffee making facilities and freeview TV. There is also WIFI, the code to which is given to you when you check in.
The hotel is quite historic having previously been a bank.
The Bank House Uttoxeter – Hotel Room
I stayed in a twin room at the top of the hotel. This required climbing a circular staircase which was a little wobbly.
The room had twin beds, tea and coffee making, a TV, wardrobe, chest of drawers and an en suite shower room.
The room overlooked the Church. While this was lovely to look at the clock chimed every 15 minutes throughout the night.
The floor was uneven, no doubt due to being such a historic building.
The bed linen was clean and the bed was comfy.
The TV signal wasn’t great but the WIFI worked well.
I couldn’t find a hairdryer in the room and due to the mould in the bathroom I didn’t feel comfortable having a shower.
On the window was a note which said not to leave the window open as otherwise the pigeons would come in from the Church across the road. I felt I was being watched by pigeons as the night turned colder! Thankfully no pigeons came over to the window but it’s definitely the first time I’ve seen such a note.
Check out my video room tour below;
The Bank House Uttoxeter – Professional Traveller Summary
- The Bank House Uttoxeter was definitely a memorable stay!
- The welcome was friendly as was the service during the evening meal.
- The bathroom had some mould in it which seemed to be due to poor ventilation.
- There were clearly a few maintenance issues that needed attended to.
- It was a very cold night when I stayed and the room was warm.
Check out the TripAdvisor Reviews of The Bank House Uttoxeter
Read all the The Bank House Uttoxeter to see what previous guests have had to say about their stay.
Want to Stay At The Bank House Uttoxeter?
Want to Find a Great Hotel Deal in Uttoxeter?
If you have found my article about The Bank House Uttoxeter useful you might like this review of the Village Hotel Solihull articles.
Other Articles You Might Like
- Southerness Self Catering – Video Tour & Review of Holiday Chalet
- The Bank House Uttoxeter – Quirky Hotel In City Centre with Friendly Pigeons
- Holiday Inn Luton Airport – Great Value, Easy To Access – Ideal Overnight
- Sleeperz Dundee – Fabulous Location & Great Hotel
- Brodie Castle – Don’t Miss This Quirky Castle and Fab Play Area
- Hilton Aberdeen Teca – Super Convenient for Events & The Airport
- Lonsdale House Bowness – A Quirky, Fun & Great Stay
- Fabulous Forres Self Catering Holiday Cottage
- Hotel Sol E Mar Albufeira – Fab Hotel With Amazing Location
- Vidamar Resort Algarve – Fantastic Resort Hotel in Fab Location
- Vilamoura Holiday – 2 Great Hotels & Things To Do
- Village Hotel Solihull – Great Resort Style Hotel Nr Airport
- Ibis Birmingham New Street – What It’s Like & What’s Nearby
- Ibis Birmingham Airport – Budget Hotel Review
- Sofitel London Gatwick – Great Hotel for Layovers & Overnights
- Courtyard by Marriott Inverness – Great Hotel Next to the Airport
- Suitel Bosphorus Taksim – 3 Night Stay Review Solo Female Stay
- Sabiha Gokcen Airport Hotel – Fab Airport Hotel With Restaurant
- Inverness Airport Hotel – Great Location & Runway Views
🌍 Professional Traveller
🧳+30 years travel experience
🚌 Coach Holiday Expert
🛏️ Hotel & Holiday Consultancy
🤑 Helping you travel more and spend less
Melanie uses her coach holiday expertise to help people find their perfect coach holiday.
Her years of travel experience means she can help people travel smarter with professional travel tips.
Having spent over 10 years in hotels Melanie is an expert guest and is now using her experience as a hotel consultant – helping hotels improve their group stay experience, and holiday companies to have even happier travellers.
As a newbie to solo travel Melanie is also sharing trip reports to help other female travellers experience this amazing way to seeing the world.