Looking for London Gatwick hotels?
Which hotel is walking distance to Gatwick?
The Sofitel, Courtyard by Marriott, Premier Inn, Hampton by Hilton and Hilton Hotels are all within easy walking distance to Gatwick airport. YotelAir and the Bloc Hotel are in the airport building so no walking required!
Below you will find details of 5 London Gatwick hotels, 4 on site and 1 off site all of which I have stayed in.
1. London Gatwick Hotels – The Super Sofitel
I have stayed at the Sofitel Gatwick Airport a number of times.
It’s my favourite hotel on this list of cheap hotels near Gatwick. I’ve used it for overnight stays before overseas trips and day use.
Sofitel London Gatwick – Things I Like
- The location is great. Just follow the signs directly from the North Terminal and head along a covered walkway to get directly to the hotel. Easy peasy.
- I love the central atrium – it is light and airy and a great place to spend time with a coffee even if you are not staying at the hotel.
- Dayrooms are available at this hotel – I have always found the cheapest deals through the specialised dayuse website.
- Breakfast has an extensive selection on the buffet which is a great way to start a day travelling. I loved the little juice shots and having a nice relaxed graze while reading the paper.
- The beds are really comfy, with lovely linens.
- The rooms are a nice size, with nice fittings and furnishings.
- The bathrooms are a good sized and well equipped with nice fluffy towels.
- There is a little cafe in the atrium and a couple of other choices of places to eat. I have only eaten breakfast there.
- The Sofitel is my hotel of choice at Gatwick if I have a bit more time to linger and enjoy the facilities.
Sofitel London Gatwick – Things I Like Less
- Rooms overlooking the atrium can experience some noise and you cannot have your curtains open so easily depending on where your room is located.
- Sometimes check in can be busy but it’s a busy hotel in a busy airport.
Sofitel London Gatwick FAQs
Which terminal is Sofitel London Gatwick?
The Sofitel is connected to the North Terminal by a covered walkway – just follow the signs from the terminal to the hotel
Is there parking at the Sofitel London Gatwick?
There is valet parking at the hotel. The hotel staff will take your car to an underground car park. There is also a meet and greet parking service available.
What time is breakfast at the Sofitel London Gatwick?
Continental breakfast is available from 5am and a full breakfast service starts at 6.30am. Continental is £15.3 per person and full breakfast £17.30. It is an extensive buffet with a wide range of hot and cold options including smoothie shots.
Does Sofitel London Gatwick have a swimming pool?
It does not have a swimming pool but it does have a gym.
Want to Stay at the Sofitel London Gatwick?
Pop your dates in below to quickly find the best online prices for the Sofitel London Gatwick
2. London Gatwick Hotels – In the Terminal YotelAir
I have stayed at the Yotelair Gatwick Airport a number of times. I have only stayed in the Premium cabins and have used them inbetween flights rather than as an overnight hotel.
Finding the Yotelair is very easy. On arrival in the South Terminal just look for the lifts on the left hand side as you head toward the exit. Go down to the Yotelair which is actually below ground.
YotelAir – Things I Like
- The prices were reasonable for a 4 hour stay (this is the minimum that can be booked).
- The premium cabins were compact but had everything there including great wifi, a bed which adjusted to become a seat, great shower and blackout blinds.
- Snacks and drinks are available from the reception area.
- Mood lighting was great for getting some sleep.
- The beds are super comfy.
- Linens are nice with clean sheets and super soft pillows.
- The shower was great, very refreshing after a flight.
YotelAir – Things I Like Less
- The air flow system seemed a bit odd and on occasion was a bit noisy. It didn’t seem to be an air conditioner but more like fresh air flowing in from somewhere.
- No tea and coffee in the room but this is available free of charge from the reception desk which is very nearby.
- Whilst there was plenty of room for just me for two people it would be very cosy.
- I did look at the smaller cabins but you couldn’t stand up in these so I never stayed in them.
Yotelair Gatwick FAQs
What is Yotelair?
Yotelair is a type of hotel that was developed from airplane travel – taking some inspiration from the pods used in business and first class. It is designed to be affordable yet provide everything you need.
Want to Stay at YotelAir London Gatwick?
Pop your dates in below to quickly find the best price available online for the YotelAir London Gatwick.
3. London Gatwick Hotels – Bloc Hotel
I have stayed at the Bloc Hotel Gatwick a number of times on my own and with my family. It is one of my favourite London Gatwick hotels for an early start as you can fall out of bed and into the departures area, it really is right next door.
It is really easy to find as it is in the South Terminal building. Just take the lift behind Boots up 1 floor to the reception desk. It is next to the Departures so handy for flights!
Bloc Hotel Gatwick – Things I Like
- The location is great – really convenient. This hotel is right inside the terminal building.
- There are rooms without windows available which are great if you are using the room in the daytime between flights for example. I have always booked through the special dayuse website.
- Rooms are available with views of the runway including a runway suite!
- Rooms are generally quiet, particularly those without windows.
- The beds are really comfy.
- There is a tablet with controls things like the lights and temperature of your room.
- Linen is always nice, fresh and clean.
- The showers have always been good.
- There is a coffee shop just opposite reception and the Giraffe Restaurant is just next door.
Bloc Hotel Gatwick – Things I Like Less
- I stayed in a family room and this was quite small. If you had two children and two adults there would not be much room for luggage.
Bloc Hotel FAQs
Does Bloc Hotel Gatwick have a restaurant?
No it does not but right next door is Giraffe Restaurant which has a great and varied menu and directly opposite is a Cafe Nero for snacks, coffees, sandwiches etc.
Want to Stay at the Bloc Hotel Gatwick?
Pop your dates in below to quickly find the cheapest online prices for the Bloc Hotel Gatwick
4. London Gatwick Hotels – The Courtyard by Marriott
I have stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott a couple of times. It’s one of the London Gatwick hotels located within walking distance of the terminal building.
Courtyard by Marriott Gatwick – Things I Like
- It is an easy flat walk from the Terminal to get to the hotel in around 10 minutes. Just turn right out of the main terminal exit and keep walking, the hotel will be on the right.
- The rooms I stayed in looked over some small trees and grass – it was nice to see some greenery and it also meant it was very quiet.
- Rooms were nice, spacious, and well appointed with everything you would expect to find.
- The bathrooms were a good size.
- The reception area was nice, open, and airy.
- The check in team were welcoming and friendly.
- There was a vending area near reception if you needed some snacks.
- The public areas were bright and airy.
Courtyard by Marriott Gatwick – Things I Liked Less
- Breakfast was very busy and it seemed a little disorganised. It is a buffet breakfast. My rate had breakfast included otherwise it would have been £10.95 for a continental buffet and £14.95 for a full buffet breakfast.
Courtyard by Marriott Restaurant Menu
There is a restaurant at the hotel. It is the same area where breakfast is served and called The Cow at the Airport.
The restaurant is open for dinner 5.30pm to 10pm. As the name suggests it does steak, burgers and pub style grub.
Cow at the Airport has a reasonably priced menu for an airport hotel.
Want To Stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Gatwick?
Pop your travel dates in below to quickly find the cheapest prices online for the Courtyard by Marriott Gatwick
5. London Gatwick Hotels – Offsite The Sandman Signature Hotel
This is one of the London Gatwick hotels that is off site so you will need to transport to get to the hotel and back.
Sandman Signature Hotel – Things I Like
- The room was a really good size with a seating area.
- Breakfast was good with a good selection and a pleasant dining room.
- There was a microwave and a fridge in the room which is handy if you wanted to store your own food or medication.
- The hotel has a restaurant on site, although we ate off site.
- There is a pool at the hotel (and a gym too).
Sandman Signature Hotel – Things I Like Less
- On the 1st morning the alarm clock went off at 4am – it had clearly been set by another traveller. It was a really loud alarm/radio combo.
- The bath/shower had been left set at shower so when I went to run a bath I got soaked (generally these should be left to bath to avoid this problem).
- On the 2nd day the room was not cleaned at all.
- The management response to these issues wasn’t great when I raised them all at reception.
- The distance from the airport hotel meant that when combined with the taxi cost this hotel was more expensive than on site airport hotels.
Sandman Signature FAQs
Sandman Signature Gatwick airport shuttle?
The hotel does offer some deals which include parking and and a taxi transfer to the airport. They do not offer a shuttle service themselves. It is about 15 minutes in a taxi depending on traffic. They offer a special transfer rate with Metro Cars.
Want to Stay at the Sandman Signature Gatwick?
Check out the TripAdvisor Reviews of the Sandman Signature Gatwick
Pop your travel dates in below to quickly find the best prices online for the Sandman Signature Gatwick
London Gatwick Hotels – On Site North Terminal
The Premier Inn is very close to the North Terminal.
London Gatwick Hotels – Premier Inn
Pop your dates in below to find the best online prices for the Premier Inn North Terminal
London Gatwick Hotels – Hampton by Hilton
Pop your dates in below to find the best online prices for the Hampton by Hilton
London Gatwick Hotels – On Site South Terminal
London Gatwick Hotels – The Hilton
Pop your dates in below to quickly find the best online prices for The Hilton Gatwick
Gatwick Airport FAQs
Is Gatwick North or South London?
Gatwick Airport is located just off the M23 and it is South of London. It has it’s own train station right in the airport ( in the South Terminal). You can easily catch trains to London from here as well as connect to trains all over the country.
Does Gatwick Airport have a hotel?
Within the airport is the Bloc Hotel and Yotelair. Within easy walking distance is the Sofitel, Premier Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Hilton and Courtyard by Marriott. There are other hotels connected by shuttle bus to Gatwick Airport.
Want to Check Flights From London Gatwick?
Use the route search to find cheapest flights.
This is set for London Gatwick to Barcelona.
Want to Find More London Gatwick Hotels?
Use the map search below to see prices and distances super quick
Best Deal for London Gatwick Hotels
Check the list below for the current top deals
If you have found my London Gatwick hotels post useful you might also like;
Inverness Airport Hotel – review including video room tour
Birmingham Airport Hotel – review including video room tour
If you would like some ideas for your next trip then check out my Travel Inspiration page
- Pitlochry Hydro Hotel – Video Room Review and Helpful TipsAre you thinking of visiting Pitlochry? Looking for somewhere to stay that has free parking but is within easy reach of the High Street? Looking for somewhere with a pool and spa facilities, restaurant and lift? The Pitlochry Hydro has all of those things, alongwith a bar and a pool room and a couple of… Read More »Pitlochry Hydro Hotel – Video Room Review and Helpful Tips
- Enchanted Forest – First Time Visit Review & Helpful TipsAre you planning a visit to the Enchanted Forest? The Daily Record described the Enchanted Forest as a “mesmerizing underwater voyage of discovery” After our visit, I would say that’s a very accurate description. Read on to learn everything you need to know to plan your trip in 2024. Enchanted Forest – Summary of Visit… Read More »Enchanted Forest – First Time Visit Review & Helpful Tips
- Days Inn Lockerbie Review and Helpful Tips for Your StayThinking of staying at the Days Inn Lockerbie? It’s a handy location right beside the M74. There is free parking at the front of the hotel and a lovely duck pond and green area to the rear. The hotel is right beside the service area which has a restaurant, McDonalds, breakfast takeaway and shop selling… Read More »Days Inn Lockerbie Review and Helpful Tips for Your Stay
- Cairn Hotel Bathgate Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Cairn Hotel Bathgate 1. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Address The address of the hotel is; Blackburn Road, Bathgate, EH48 2EL 2. Cairn Hotel Bathgate Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 01506 633366 3. Getting to the Cairn Hotel Getting to the hotel… Read More »Cairn Hotel Bathgate Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Travelodge Central Edinburgh Review And Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Travelodge Central Edinburgh 1. Travelodge Central Edinburgh Address The address of the hotel is; 33 St Marys Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1TA 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0871 984 6137 3. Getting from Waverley Station to the Hotel The easiest… Read More »Travelodge Central Edinburgh Review And Helpful Things to Know
- Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick below to quickly find the best price for your stay at the Holyrood Hotel 1. Holyrood Hotel Address The address of the Holyrood Hotel is; 81 Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh, EH8 8AU 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; 0131 528 8000 3. Getting from Edinburgh Waverley Station to the Holyrood Hotel… Read More »Holyrood Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to KnowClick to get the best price for your stay at the Lerwick Hotel 1. Lerwick Hotel Address The address of the Lerwick Hotel is; 15 South Road, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0PX 2. Phone Number The telephone number of the hotel is; +44 (1595) 692166 3. Getting from Sumburgh Airport to the Lerwick Hotel It is… Read More »Lerwick Hotel Review and Helpful Things to Know
- Visit Shetland – A Stunning Destination Any Time of the YearPlanning to Visit Shetland? Shetland is an amazing place to visit. It is very different from the rest of Scotland. It has its own very distinct culture, language, food, landscape, and history. There is a great deal to see and enjoy when visiting. Visit Shetland 2. Where Do You Fly From to Get To Shetland? There… Read More »Visit Shetland – A Stunning Destination Any Time of the Year
- Alicante Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your TripThinking of an Alicante holiday? You should it’s a great destination that offers great value too. Alicante is a coastal and port town located on the South Coast of Spain. It is in the Costa Blanca area, which refers to the coastline and it’s a popular tourist destination. It has a population of around 350,000… Read More »Alicante Holiday – All You Need to Know to Plan Your Trip