Ok so let’s be honest from the get-go – there really isn’t a way to get completely free priority pass lounge access (unless someone buys it for you).
That said you can get a free priority pass lounge access as a benefit with some travel reward credit cards.
However, for this to be free you may need to meet the minimum spending requirements anyway, you need to make sure you don’t pay fees, and that you repay in full so you don’t pay interest.
Free Priority Pass with Credit Card
Can You Get Free Priority Pass?
Priority Pass membership is sometimes provided for free with some travel credit cards. There may be a limited number of free visits included. Generally, cardholders will still need to pay to access the priority pass lounges.
There are 4 main credit cards that offer Priority Pass lounge membership benefits available in the UK.
American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card
- This card off 2 free lounge visits to the cardholder per year.
- It offers free standard Priority Pass membership with extra lounge visits payable at £20 per year.
- There are no fees for the first year of the card but in the second year, the fees are £160 a year.
- There are some eligibility criteria to meet for this credit card which might mean that not everyone can apply.
- This is a travel rewards credit card that offers Avios points as bonuses for spending. There are some joining Avios bonus rewards available if you hit the minimum spending requirements.
American Express Platinum Card
- This card offers free lounge access through Priority Pass for up to 2 people (the 2nd has to be an additional cardholder).
- The annual fee is £575 so while it is not free in terms of Priority Pass lounge access if both cardholders were using lounges at the level they needed Priority Pass Unlimited membership (£419 per person) it is like getting one membership for 75% less using the Platinum Card.
- There are eligibility criteria for this credit card too.
Barclaycard Premium Plus Business
- This card has a fee is £150 per year. It offers 2 free lounge visits per year.
- Priority Pass standard membership is included with extra visits payable at £20 each.
- As with all credit cards, there are eligibility criteria.
- It offers interest-free for the first 6 months and then 18.6% interest.
Allied Irish Bank
- This is a charge card rather than a credit card so there are penalties if the balance is not repaid in full each month.
- The annual fee is £75 per year.
- Whilst this card does give access to Priority Pass lounges for free, it’s not the full network, with only 600 lounges being available (that’s about half). That might be OK depending on where you are travelling.
- Also, this card is only available to existing Allied Irish Bank customers.
Priority Pass Discount
Priority Pass has been running a series of discounts for lounge membership.
Currently, they are offering a 10% discount
- This means that a standard membership is £62 instead of £69.
- StandardPlus membership is £209 instead of £229.
- Prestige Membership is £377 instead of £419
Free Priority Pass Voucher Codes
It’s always worth checking voucher code sites for special deals.
At the time of writing there are the following offers available;
Bravo Voucher – 35% discount on StandardPlus membership and 50% discount on Standard membership. This makes standard membership £34 instead of £69 and Standard Plus membership £148 instead of £229.
If you were going to be using airport lounges 10 times a year this means each lounge visit would be £14.80 per visit with StandardPlus membership which is amazing value and cheaper than a meal in the airport!
Codes – Currently has the same 35% and 50% discount offers available.
MyVoucherCodes – also has the same offer available
Free Priority Pass
Perhaps you could ask for Priority Pass membership as a Christmas gift? To get 10 free visits it would need to be the StandardPlus membership. A standard membership would still mean that you needed to pay for each visit.
Do you know any friends who like airport lounges but are a bit lonely and would like some company? Perhaps they could invite you as their guest?
OK – I am joking but you get the point.
Free Priority Pass Conclusion
- There really isn’t a way to get Priority Pass for free – sorry 🙁
- However, if you are really interested in collecting Avios points using travel reward credit cards then Priority Pass lounge access might be an additional benefit available on some cards
- There are some good discounts available so it is always worth checking Priority Pass and codes sites to make sure you are getting the best deal
You Might Also Like
If you have found this article about Free Priority Pass membership useful you might also like;
Airport Lounge Membership Comparison – find out the cheapest way for you to access an airport lounge
Priority Pass Lounges – All you need to know including all the UK lounges you can access with membership
Priority Pass Membership – A complete run down of all the membership benefits
You can find more information on my Airport Lounges page
- Lounge Pass Or Priority Pass – What Is Your Best Option?Considering whether to use Lounge Pass or Priority Pass? Here’s my comparison looking at costs for using 3 different airport lounges. Read on to find out what the best option for you is based on your travel plans. What is Priority Pass? Priority Pass is an airport lounge membership scheme. To access airport lounges you… Read More »Lounge Pass Or Priority Pass – What Is Your Best Option?
- Free Priority Pass – How Do You Get It? ✈Ok so let’s be honest from the get-go – there really isn’t a way to get completely free priority pass lounge access (unless someone buys it for you). That said you can get a free priority pass lounge access as a benefit with some travel reward credit cards. However, for this to be free you… Read More »Free Priority Pass – How Do You Get It? ✈
- Priority Pass Lounges – All You Need to Know ✈Want to know all about Priority Pass lounges? Well here’s my guide to everything you need to know about how to access them and all the lounges you can use in the UK with your Priority Pass Membership. Check it out now. What Are Priority Pass Lounges? Well, the first thing to make clear is… Read More »Priority Pass Lounges – All You Need to Know ✈
- Priority Pass Membership – All You Need to Know About AccessAre you interested in Priority Pass lounge membership? Want to know more about the features and to see if it is right for you? Great then check out this detailed review of membership below, but first, let’s start with an important question! 1. What is Priority Pass Membership? Priority Pass in an airport lounge membership… Read More »Priority Pass Membership – All You Need to Know About Access
- Airport Lounge Membership Comparison: Which is Best Value for You?Are you a regular user of lounges and looking for an airport lounge membership comparison to find you best option? Great! That’s exactly what you will find right here. Airport Lounge Membership Comparison – Membership Schemes Airport lounge membership schemes can be a great value way to access airport lounges. Which airport lounge membership scheme… Read More »Airport Lounge Membership Comparison: Which is Best Value for You?
- Airport Lounge Pass Membership Schemes – Good Value?Are you considering an airport lounge pass? Not sure whether it is good value? Don’t worry! This article will help you decide if airport lounge membership is right for you.
- Cheap Airport Lounges: How to Easily Find Your Best DealWant to find cheap airport lounges? Just answer the 4 questions in the quiz below and find the cheapest way for you to access an airport lounge. 1. Cheap Airport Lounges – Which is the Best Option? Below you will find a guide to how to access cheap airport lounges based on your visit and… Read More »Cheap Airport Lounges: How to Easily Find Your Best Deal